|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Voltaire and the French Enlightenment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstance does Spinoza say keeps the racial existence of the Jews?
(a) persecution by Christians
(b) 3,500 years of Jewish tradition
(c) Jewish schools of higher education
(d) having no land to call their own
2. What philosopher and statesman does Francis Bacon aspire to be like?
3. What is the first of four books written by Spinoza?
(a) The Philosophy of the Ages
(b) The History of War
(c) The Fall of the Roman Empire
(d) The Treatise on Religion and the State
4. What do Voltaire's letter criticizing France formulate in the French people?
(a) a distaste for Voltaire's writing
(b) the theoretical groundwork for Revolution
(c) the strongest of French nationalism
(d) a refusal to perform his plays
5. What comprises Plato's writing style?
(a) drama, science, and sophistry
(b) philosophy and poetry, science and art
(c) philosophy, rhetoric, and mathematics
(d) mathematics, rhetoric, and music
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Jewish migration along the Danube and Rhine rivers take the Jews?
2. What does the Roman empire eventually become?
3. What is said to change Plato's life?
4. Significantly, who gets ignored in Bacon's utopia?
5. What does Aristotle establish in Athens?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)