|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spinoza.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the concepts of praise or blame indicate according to Aristotle?
(a) moral responsibility and free will
(b) disagreements in society
(c) the need for athletic contests
(d) a way of avoiding responsibility
2. What happened after Spinoza dispensed with faith?
(a) the faithful were devastated
(b) the faithful dispensed with him
(c) new religions sprang up
(d) religion died
3. To what end does Socrates develop his Socratic Method?
(a) to open a private university
(b) to test the assumptions of his pupils
(c) to impress the multitudes
(d) to perfom biological experiments
4. Like Aristotle, what does Bacon see needs to be removed to avoid revolution?
(a) issues that cause poverty and discontent
(b) the right to vote
(c) the right to bear arms
(d) the ownership of private property
5. What is one result of Aristotle's prolific output of writing?
(a) an error free reference library
(b) a need to build larger libraries
(c) a large amount of errors
(d) a definitive answer to all philosophical questions
Short Answer Questions
1. What comprises Plato's writing style?
2. Who are Francis Bacon's relative that cause it to be said that his political career began at his birth in 1561?
3. What is the first of four books written by Spinoza?
4. What does Spinoza say a literal interpretation of the Bible does?
5. Where is a meeting held to discuss the Republic?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)