|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aristotle and Greek Science.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Plato say early education should do?
(a) teach logistics
(b) form good habits
(d) only amuse
2. What does Aristotle teach at the Lyceum?
(a) biology and natural sciences
(b) the socratic Method
(c) physical and mental training
(d) athletics and mathematics
3. What does Plato say is a science and art one must live and prepare for?
(c) military leadership
(d) teaching the young
4. What student of Aristotle becomes a major historical figure?
(b) Philip of Macedon
(c) Alexander the Great
(d) Julius Caesar
5. To what end does Socrates develop his Socratic Method?
(a) to open a private university
(b) to impress the multitudes
(c) to test the assumptions of his pupils
(d) to perfom biological experiments
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Plato born?
2. What does Aristotle devise to integrate the particular with the universal?
3. What question does Plato raise to lead into a discussion of Utopia?
4. What is said to change Plato's life?
5. Reducing everything through the Socratic Method, what do Socrates and Cephalus agree to discuss?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)