|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Contemporary European Philosophers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Democritus claim that Aristotle disagrees with?
(a) the soul is material
(b) the soul is temporary
(c) the soul is imaginary
(d) there is no such thing as soul
2. What does the Roman empire eventually become?
(a) the Roman Papacy
(b) the world's trade union
(c) the European Union
(d) the Roman Federation
3. What does Voltaire include in his histories?
(a) customs and not laws
(b) people and not dates
(c) society, not just wars
(d) art and not science
4. How is Nietzsche found after he suffers a fit of apoplexy?
(a) mad, playing the piano, singing and crying
(b) sitting in a tub of cold water
(c) wandering aimlessly on the streets
(d) locked in his bedroom
5. What are two theories from the Orient that gain acceptance in Greece?
(a) Confucianism and communism
(b) Buddhism and Hinduism
(c) Polytheism and atheism
(d) Stoicism and Epicureanism
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Kant use to remind theology that substance, cause, and necessity are finite categories?
2. How far is Alexander able to spread Greek culture?
3. What are the only three things worthwhile in Plato's ethical solution?
4. Where is Francois Arouet when he starts using the pen name, Voltaire?
5. Reducing everything through the Socratic Method, what do Socrates and Cephalus agree to discuss?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)