|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Contemporary European Philosophers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voltaire's Essay on Morals become?
(a) a template for how to do research
(b) a book banned by every nations
(c) the basis of modern historical science
(d) the last of his great works
2. What is something Voltaire is noted for with his critics?
(a) ignoring his enemies
(b) challenging his enemies to duels
(c) suing his enemies in court
(d) destroying enemies with a pen
3. How does Voltaire think what is wrong with most recorded history could be corrected?
(a) history should be forgotten
(b) only philosophers should write history
(c) only scholars should write history
(d) history should only be written by scientists
4. What does Schopenhauer say is the first law of sexual attraction?
(a) monetary security
(b) fitness to procreate
(d) physical beauty
5. In what work does Voltaire discuss the morals and spirit of the nations from Charlemagne to Louis XIII?
(a) The History of Morals
(b) The Essay on Morals
(c) The Short Novels
(d) The Romances
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Plato born?
2. What rouses the world from dogmatism?
3. At what age does Plato advocate taking children from their parents to avoid learning bad habits?
4. When does Plato return to Athens and begin to write?
5. Why does Russell visit Russia?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)