|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friedrich Nietzsche.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the thirteenth century A. D., how does the Church unite the European continent?
(a) by common faith and supernatural sanctions
(b) by millitancy and fear
(c) by persecution of heresy
(d) by common language and desires
2. What does Kant insist must be absolute and derived only from the inner self by direct perception and intuition?
(a) the scientific basis for religion
(b) the theological basis for religion
(c) the moral basis of religion
(d) the miraculous basis for religion
3. What does the Roman empire eventually become?
(a) the world's trade union
(b) the Roman Federation
(c) the Roman Papacy
(d) the European Union
4. Significantly, who gets ignored in Bacon's utopia?
(a) Hobbes, Locke, and Bentham
(b) Plato and Socrates
(c) proponents of the New Atlantis
(d) Copernicus and other scientists
5. Who are Francis Bacon's relative that cause it to be said that his political career began at his birth in 1561?
(a) well-placed English aristocrats
(b) pretenders to the English throne
(c) aristocrats from Spain and the Netherlands
(d) leaders of the Church of England
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two theories from the Orient that gain acceptance in Greece?
2. How is Nietzsche found after he suffers a fit of apoplexy?
3. With what famous composer does does Nietzsche study the piano?
4. In what way is Bacon's reconstruction thought superior to that of Aristotle?
5. What does Kant classify as a result of an oligarchic constitution wherein the spoils of war go to a greedy few?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)