|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friedrich Nietzsche.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually what does Alexander's conquests in Asia open up to the Greeks?
(a) Eastern monotheism
(b) important trade routes
(c) lavish lifestyles
(d) cults and superstitious faiths
2. How old is Francis Bacon when he resolves to turn philosophy from scholastic arguments to illumination and increase of human good?
(a) age thirty
(b) age fifty
(c) age sixteen
(d) age twenty-four
3. Why does Nietzsche claim that morality and theology must be reconstructed?
(a) to make it more appealing
(b) to fit the growth of evolutionary theory
(c) to give it more importance
(d) to upgrade the language
4. What does Nietzsche do that gets him discharged from the military?
(a) disobeys an order
(b) falls off a horse
(c) challenges the commander
(d) takes unofficial leave
5. What is Kant's critical analysis of the moral basis of religion?
(a) The Critique of Practical Reason
(b) The Critique of Scriptures
(c) The Critique of Science
(d) The Critique of Theology
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a critical analysis of knowledge that is independent of all sense experience?
2. What does Kant set out to prove is innate and does not come from experience?
3. What is needed by a strong man who seeks intensity and experience at the cost of tragic woe?
4. What philosophy does Bacon accept in his Essays?
5. What philosopher and statesman does Francis Bacon aspire to be like?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)