|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friedrich Nietzsche.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the thirteenth century A. D., how does the Church unite the European continent?
(a) by common language and desires
(b) by common faith and supernatural sanctions
(c) by millitancy and fear
(d) by persecution of heresy
2. Eventually what does Alexander's conquests in Asia open up to the Greeks?
(a) lavish lifestyles
(b) cults and superstitious faiths
(c) important trade routes
(d) Eastern monotheism
3. Why does Nietzsche claim that morality and theology must be reconstructed?
(a) to upgrade the language
(b) to fit the growth of evolutionary theory
(c) to make it more appealing
(d) to give it more importance
4. What does Nietzsche do that gets him discharged from the military?
(a) challenges the commander
(b) takes unofficial leave
(c) disobeys an order
(d) falls off a horse
5. What event makes the rival schools of Stoicism and Epicureanism split philosophically?
(a) the disintegration of public infrastructures
(b) the arrival of missionaries from the East
(c) the resurgance of Judaism
(d) the Romans' arrival in 46 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Bacon's reconstruction thought superior to that of Aristotle?
2. What are the two contrary valuations of human behavior, according to Nietzsche?
3. What does Kant call knowledge that is independent of sense-experience and whose truth is certain before experience?
4. What method does Kant use to remind theology that substance, cause, and necessity are finite categories?
5. Whose mission is it to save religion from reason and science from skepticism?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)