|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friedrich Nietzsche.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what famous composer does does Nietzsche study the piano?
(a) Richard Wagner
(d) Johan Sebastian Bach
2. What does Kant set out to prove is innate and does not come from experience?
(a) moral sense
(b) common sense
(c) directional sense
(d) religious sense
3. What philosophy does Bacon accept in his Essays?
(a) a Platonic ideal
(b) a Stoic position
(c) a tendency toward Romanticism
(d) an Epicurean ethic
4. Why does Nietzsche claim that morality and theology must be reconstructed?
(a) to give it more importance
(b) to make it more appealing
(c) to upgrade the language
(d) to fit the growth of evolutionary theory
5. What rouses the world from dogmatism?
(a) Francis Bacon's Essays
(b) Voltaire's Candide
(c) Kant's Critique of Pure Reason
(d) the philosophy of Locke, Berkeley, and Hume
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bacon suggest should be observed similar to Machiavellian philosophy?
2. What are the two contrary valuations of human behavior, according to Nietzsche?
3. What does Nietzsche do that gets him discharged from the military?
4. What method does Kant use to remind theology that substance, cause, and necessity are finite categories?
5. What does Bacon call for elimination in his philosophy?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)