|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 7, Simplicity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What challenges Poppers use of falsification as criteria in deciding is a theoretical system is empirical?
(a) Construction of Nature.
(c) Theoretical experiments.
2. What is the concept of simplicity a part of according to Popper?
(a) Infinite regress.
(b) Metaphysical logic.
(c) Framework of induction.
(d) Logical reasoning.
3. What happens if there is on falsifiable information?
(a) Learning occurs.
(b) Experiments fail.
(c) Conventionalism is proven.
(d) Learning does not occur.
4. What type of reasoning, according to Popper, is not rational?
5. What type of approach do positivists use to investigate scientific statements?
(a) Deductive approach.
(b) Logical approach.
(c) Theoretical approach.
(d) Inductive approach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the boundaries of conditions?
2. What does Menger say about definitions?
3. What does not requires one to change the number of parameters of the displacements of groups of points.
4. What does Popper feel is a fruitless exercise?
5. Statements that are not testable serve what purpose?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)