Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Igloo finally win the ice cream war?
2. The narrator finds that Van people and Camper people are all ________________.
3. What is sprinkled throughout the catalog?
4. The archaeologists will probably think that TV commercials are some form of ______________.
5. What is the narrator's brother's name?
There are several events of foreshadowing in the stories. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the stories that serve as foreshadowing.
Why did Shepherd choose to use the first person narrator perspective for the stories? What does this point of view entail? What do you know about the characters and the plot lines that you would not know from a different point of view? What do you NOT know about the characters and plot lines based on this point of view?
Shepherd was masterful at crafting literary descriptions for his readers. Choose a paragraph from the book which you find especially descriptive. How do you think Shepherd was able to craft it the way he did? What is so appealing to you about the passage? Explain.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)