|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ironically, the happy, family, outdoorsy vehicle known as the camper is now used by the Mafia as ____________________________.
2. What is the picture on the side of the bus that stops beside the narrator?
3. What is sprinkled throughout the catalog?
4. What is masked as a cigar in the catalog?
5. For what type of firm did Howard work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The narrator introduces the reader to several types of people in the book. Do you think he liked any one of them more than the others? Who would you choose to be your new friend among the people the narrator introduced in the book? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain some of the examples of regionalism found in the book. Can regionalism include more than accents and food? What else encompasses the culture and personality of a region? What are the major differences Shepherd found as he traveled from place to place?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall settings for the stories. What is important about each setting as it is revealed? What are the time periods of the stories? How important are the time periods to the attitudes and issues of the people?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)