|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mantra did the narrator develop in class?
2. What was the name of the General Motors magazine for which the narrator wrote an article?
3. What is the picture on the side of the bus that stops beside the narrator?
4. According to the narrator, Camper people are ____________________.
5. What did Flick say that his grandfather drank to cure a cold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of the narrator. What are his physical characteristics? What are his personality traits? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What else can you say about the narrator?
Essay Topic 2
One of the most striking characteristics of Shepherd's writing was his complete honesty. Explain why this is necessary to complete a book of this nature. Would a reader be able to see through fabrications and falsehoods in a book like this? Describe why this format is the perfect for Shepherd's personality.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the format of the book. How does the narrator distinguish between current activity and flashbacks to his past? What is the difference is style and tone? Are the differentiations separated visually in any way? How did this improve your reading of this book?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)