Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitting in his car, the narrator thinks about all the expressions about ___________ in the English language.
2. What sport does the narrator recall playing with his friends?
3. How is the Johnson Smith catalog distributed?
4. What was the narrator's first class in high school?
5. The archaeologists may think that Colonel Sanders is a ________________.
Create a character study of the narrator. What are his physical characteristics? What are his personality traits? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What else can you say about the narrator?
Describe the format of the book. How does the narrator distinguish between current activity and flashbacks to his past? What is the difference is style and tone? Are the differentiations separated visually in any way? How did this improve your reading of this book?
Give some examples of humor in the book. Do you think Shepherd appreciated slapstick humor or wit of a more sophisticated nature? Or both? Explain.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)