Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitting in his car, the narrator thinks about all the expressions about ___________ in the English language.
2. What sport does the narrator recall playing with his friends?
3. How is the Johnson Smith catalog distributed?
4. What was the narrator's first class in high school?
5. The archaeologists may think that Colonel Sanders is a ________________.
Essay Topic 1
Why did Shepherd choose to use the first person narrator perspective for the stories? What does this point of view entail? What do you know about the characters and the plot lines that you would not know from a different point of view? What do you NOT know about the characters and plot lines based on this point of view?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narrator's character. What are his similarities to Jean Shepherd? Do you think the narrator's character was based on Shepherd himself? Cite your reasons for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
The narrator introduces the reader to several types of people in the book. Do you think he liked any one of them more than the others? Who would you choose to be your new friend among the people the narrator introduced in the book? Explain.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)