|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mantra did the narrator develop in class?
2. Of what do the kids at the back of the class live in fear?
3. What is the narrator's most common position in life?
4. The narrator recalls sitting in a class taught by _______________.
5. For the most part, Camper people are _________________.
Essay Topic 1
Why did Shepherd choose to use the first person narrator perspective for the stories? What does this point of view entail? What do you know about the characters and the plot lines that you would not know from a different point of view? What do you NOT know about the characters and plot lines based on this point of view?
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the stories. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the stories that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the format of the book. How does the narrator distinguish between current activity and flashbacks to his past? What is the difference is style and tone? Are the differentiations separated visually in any way? How did this improve your reading of this book?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)