Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitting in his car, the narrator thinks about all the expressions about ___________ in the English language.
2. What sport does the narrator recall playing with his friends?
3. How is the Johnson Smith catalog distributed?
4. What was the narrator's first class in high school?
5. The archaeologists may think that Colonel Sanders is a ________________.
Essay Topic 1
Create a "character" sketch of the state of New Jersey. What personality shines through for you for this state? Did Shepherd make you want to learn more and perhaps visit one day? What would you most like to see? What is the one fact or interesting feature that you can recall about New Jersey? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What is the point of view of this book? Why did Shepherd use this point of view? Is it the only way the book could have realistically been written? How else could Shepherd have used point of view to alter the rhythm of the book? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Shepherd was a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)