Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitting in his car, the narrator thinks about all the expressions about ___________ in the English language.
2. What sport does the narrator recall playing with his friends?
3. How is the Johnson Smith catalog distributed?
4. What was the narrator's first class in high school?
5. The archaeologists may think that Colonel Sanders is a ________________.
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of the narrator. What are his physical characteristics? What are his personality traits? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What else can you say about the narrator?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Shepherd choose to use the first person narrator perspective for the stories? What does this point of view entail? What do you know about the characters and the plot lines that you would not know from a different point of view? What do you NOT know about the characters and plot lines based on this point of view?
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in the stories. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the stories that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)