|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitting in his car, the narrator thinks about all the expressions about ___________ in the English language.
2. What sport does the narrator recall playing with his friends?
3. How is the Johnson Smith catalog distributed?
4. What was the narrator's first class in high school?
5. The archaeologists may think that Colonel Sanders is a ________________.
Essay Topic 1
Create a "character" sketch of the state of New Jersey. What personality shines through for you for this state? Did Shepherd make you want to learn more and perhaps visit one day? What would you most like to see? What is the one fact or interesting feature that you can recall about New Jersey? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narrator's character. What are his similarities to Jean Shepherd? Do you think the narrator's character was based on Shepherd himself? Cite your reasons for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in the stories. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the stories that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)