|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Igloo finally win the ice cream war?
(a) Added 20 new flavors.
(b) Put a cherry on top of everything.
(c) Started offering sandwiches too.
(d) Gave ice cream for free.
2. What is one of the "get rich quick" products in the catalog?
(a) Candy cookers.
(b) Mink farms.
(c) Mushroom gardens.
(d) Envelope stuffing.
3. Two words likely to be found on the bumper stickers of vans are love and ____________.
4. What did the narrator's father do first when he came home from work?
(a) Took a shower.
(b) Got a beer.
(c) Took a nap.
(d) Kissed his wife.
5. What did Howard publish on behalf of his client, the National Lemon Growers Association?
(a) A Guide to Using Lemon for Household Tasks.
(b) A Lemon Jokebook.
(c) The History of the Lemon.
(d) A Lemon Lovers' Cookbook.
6. What does the narrator speculate that the archaeologists will find in the city?
(a) TV commercials.
7. Why did Howard want to sell his car?
(a) He got a new car every two years.
(b) It was a lemon.
(c) It was breaking down a lot.
(d) He needed a station wagon for the family.
8. What disturbing information did the groundskeeper at the park tell the boys?
(a) The water from the spigot was unfiltered river water.
(b) The won't be getting lights for the baseball diamond.
(c) The park will be closed for the rest of the summer.
(d) A dead body was found in the park.
9. The archaeologists may think that Colonel Sanders is a ________________.
(b) military officer.
10. What local landmark did the narrator see when returning to his hometown?
(a) Yankee soldier statue.
(b) Little League diamonds.
(c) Maid-Rite sandwich shop.
(d) Igloo ice cream parlor.
11. What was the name of the General Motors magazine for which the narrator wrote an article?
(c) On the Move.
12. What happened to the narrator's middle school diploma?
(a) His name was misspelled.
(b) It blew away.
(c) It was run over by a car.
(d) It was shredded.
13. What is the picture on the side of the bus that stops beside the narrator?
(a) A new movie ad.
(b) A laundry detergent.
(c) A tropical beach.
(d) A news anchor.
14. For what type of firm did Howard work?
(a) Public Relations.
15. According to the narrator, Camper people are ____________________.
(a) Politically conservative.
(b) College professors.
(c) High school dropouts.
(d) Corporate CEOs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might the films found on Madison Ave. lead the archaeologists to think they are scriptures?
2. What might be a typical soap item disguised as something else in the catalog?
3. The exuberant colors, dancing, and music of the commercials have an element of ______________ about them.
4. What item in the catalog would appeal to the violent?
5. Who was Howard's client?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)