|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Howard, what are the BNAs?
(a) Big Network Accounts.
(b) Bananas, Nectarines and Apples.
(c) Banking News Associations.
(d) Bad News Accounts.
2. What sport does the narrator recall playing with his friends?
3. The archaeologists may think that Colonel Sanders is a ________________.
(a) military officer.
4. Which animals stun the archaeologists in the commercials?
5. What is masked as a cigar in the catalog?
(a) A kaleidoscope.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A flask.
(d) A lighter.
6. What prank does the narrator consider doing in the Lincoln Tunnel?
(b) Painting a fake crack on the wall.
(c) Sealing off the exit.
(d) Raising the toll to $100 on the signs.
7. What was the narrator's mother cooking for dinner?
(d) Tuna and noodles.
8. How did the narrator arrive at the correct answer to the equation in front of the Algebra class?
(b) Wild guess.
9. Where did the narrator meet his friend, Howard, for lunch?
(a) The Russian Tea Room.
(b) Les Miserables du Frite.
(d) Le Petit Trianon.
10. What does the narrator speculate that the archaeologists will find in the city?
(d) TV commercials.
11. What mantra did the narrator develop in class?
(a) You don't see me.
(b) I'm not here.
(c) I'm not the one you want.
(d) Don't call on me.
12. What is sprinkled throughout the catalog?
(a) 800 numbers.
(d) Order forms.
13. What local landmark did the narrator see when returning to his hometown?
(a) Little League diamonds.
(b) Maid-Rite sandwich shop.
(c) Igloo ice cream parlor.
(d) Yankee soldier statue.
14. Why did Howard want to sell his car?
(a) It was breaking down a lot.
(b) It was a lemon.
(c) He got a new car every two years.
(d) He needed a station wagon for the family.
15. What disturbing information did the groundskeeper at the park tell the boys?
(a) The won't be getting lights for the baseball diamond.
(b) A dead body was found in the park.
(c) The water from the spigot was unfiltered river water.
(d) The park will be closed for the rest of the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might the archaeologists think the car is used for in a Chevrolet commercial?
2. The narrator finds that Van people and Camper people are all ________________.
3. What might be a typical soap item disguised as something else in the catalog?
4. How does the narrator characterize himself?
5. Two words likely to be found on the bumper stickers of vans are love and ____________.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)