|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator and his friends have a contest of eating _____________ laxatives.
2. Who is in the car in front of the narrator?
(b) An elderly couple.
(d) College kids.
3. When does Ernie re-join his company after getting off the train?
(a) In a couple hours.
(b) He never returns.
(c) In a week.
(d) The next day.
4. The head of the camp swears in the boys with an oath and _____________________.
(b) A bird call.
(c) The Pledge of Allegiance.
(d) A secret wolf call.
5. According to the narrator, New Jerseyites are bound together as _______________.
(a) A species.
(c) A clan.
(d) Freaks of nature.
6. What food does the narrator dish out when he is working on the train?
(a) Meat loaf.
7. What insects do the boys disturb on a hike with Captain Crabtree?
8. What is the name of the lodge to which the narrator is assigned?
(a) Bear Cub Cabin.
(b) Possum Lodge.
(c) Mole Lodge.
(d) Chipmunk Cabin.
9. In what city landmark is the narrator stalled?
(a) Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) Chrysler Building.
(c) Lincoln Tunnel.
(d) Empire State Building.
10. What surprising things do the boys find as they pick up trash?
(a) Beer cans.
(c) Cigarette butts.
(d) Whiskey bottles.
11. How can the narrator best be described in comparison to his camp mates?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) An everyman.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A bully.
12. Where does the narrator think many great ideas are invented?
(a) At family reunions.
(b) On the toilet.
(c) At MIT.
(d) In Algebra classes.
13. How long is the bus drive to camp?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
14. To what does the narrator compare the Margate Elephant?
(a) The Statue of Liberty.
(b) Frisch's Big Boy.
15. In what format does the narrator recall the information about writers?
(a) An NPR show.
(b) A museum tour.
(c) A television lecture.
(d) A seminar presentation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of boat do the campers get to try?
2. How does the narrator view the foibles of mankind in his corner of the world?
3. At the end of camp the Chipmunks are promoted to _____________.
4. What name does the narrator say to call him even though it is not his real name?
5. What name is given to the chubby Chipmunk after he gets sick?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)