|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first boy to leave the contest?
(b) The narrator.
(c) Big Al.
2. Who is the head of the summer camp?
(a) Colonel Bastion.
(b) Colonel Bullard.
(c) Colonel Buford.
(d) Colonel Quigby.
3. Where is the narrator traveling as the book opens?
(a) New York to Pennsylvania.
(b) New Jersey to New York.
(c) New York to Boston.
(d) New York to New Jersey.
4. Where does the narrator think many great ideas are invented?
(a) At family reunions.
(b) In Algebra classes.
(c) On the toilet.
(d) At MIT.
5. In what conditions did Balzac write?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a mausoleum.
(c) In a cafe.
(d) In a heavy-curtained room at night.
6. The Nobba-WaWa-Nockee Loyalty Song is sung to the tune of what other song?
(a) A Hundred Bottles of Beer on the Wall.
(b) Old MacDonald.
(c) Notre Dame Fight Song.
(d) Row, Row, Row Your Boat.
7. The narrator now understands that _______________ bet against the school team and disabled the star player in the laxative contest.
(c) The narrator.
8. The narrator and his friends have a contest of eating _____________ laxatives.
9. How does the chubby Chipmunk retaliate against Captain Crabtree's authoritarian manner?
(a) He spits on him.
(b) He vomits on him.
(c) He kicks him in the groin.
(d) He bites him.
10. The tendency of all New Jerseyites to long for home is called ____________________.
(a) Home Sweet New Jersey.
(b) There's No Place Like New Jersey.
(c) New Jersey Nostalgia.
(d) Old Folks Week.
11. Who is the scholarly one in the narrator's dorm?
12. What does the narrator throw down from his window on some picketers during his college days?
(a) Cold water.
(b) A paper airplane.
(d) Water balloons.
13. Why are the boys frightened during swimming lessons?
(a) The water is really choppy.
(b) One of the boys claims to feel the lake monster.
(c) It starts to thunder.
(d) The lake is dirty.
14. What is the name of the train onto which the men are loaded?
(a) The Juggernaut.
(b) The Georgia Peach.
(c) The B&O Railroad.
(d) The Widow Maker.
15. What is the culminating event of the summer at camp?
(a) An awards ceremony.
(b) A mixer with the girls' camp.
(c) A trip to Pizza Hut.
(d) A treasure hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator pay for college expenses?
2. Who emerges as the ne'er-do-well leader of the Beavers?
3. What do the boys fear as they try to get to sleep?
4. The head of the camp swears in the boys with an oath and _____________________.
5. When does Ernie re-join his company after getting off the train?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)