|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insects do the boys disturb on a hike with Captain Crabtree?
2. What traffic function is common in New Jersey?
(a) Right turn on red.
(b) One way streets.
(c) Higher speed limits.
(d) Traffic Circles.
3. In what city landmark is the narrator stalled?
(a) Chrysler Building.
(b) Lincoln Tunnel.
(c) Empire State Building.
(d) Brooklyn Bridge.
4. How does the narrator view the foibles of mankind in his corner of the world?
(a) With hate.
(b) With love.
(c) With disregard.
(d) With irritation.
5. What do the boys fear as they try to get to sleep?
(a) An ax murderer.
(b) Thunder dna lightning.
(c) Pranks from the Beavers.
(d) A Thing in the Woods.
6. In what format does the narrator recall the information about writers?
(a) A television lecture.
(b) An NPR show.
(c) A seminar presentation.
(d) A museum tour.
7. What does the narrator think as he is stalled in this chapter?
(a) How each generation attacks the next.
(b) What he is going to have for dinner.
(c) How much his head hurts.
(d) How much beer he has at home.
8. What is the narrator's favorite snack?
(c) Fig Newtons.
9. How did the narrator pay for college expenses?
(a) GI Bill.
(c) Trust fund.
(d) Bank student loans.
10. On what highway was the narrator traveling the day before?
(a) Route 66.
(b) Route 22.
(d) New Jersey Turnpike.
11. Where does the narrator think many great ideas are invented?
(a) On the toilet.
(b) At family reunions.
(c) At MIT.
(d) In Algebra classes.
12. What does the narrator do after passing out food for fifteen hours straight?
(a) Goes AWOL.
(c) Falling into the food.
(d) Falling asleep on his feet.
13. What is the name of the lodge to which the narrator is assigned?
(a) Chipmunk Cabin.
(b) Bear Cub Cabin.
(c) Mole Lodge.
(d) Possum Lodge.
14. What was the truck in front of the narrator carrying?
(d) Flattened cars.
15. Where is the narrator traveling as the book opens?
(a) New York to Pennsylvania.
(b) New Jersey to New York.
(c) New York to Boston.
(d) New York to New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the treasure to be found at the end of the camp season?
2. Who is in the car in front of the narrator?
3. What does Lieutenant Cherry warn the men about not doing so the locals won't come after them with guns?
4. What does the narrator say ruined a high class New Jersey party?
5. What surprising things do the boys find as they pick up trash?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)