|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Whole Fun Catalog of 1929.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator especially appreciate about the catalog?
(a) The chatty captions.
(b) The prices.
(c) The b&w illustrations.
(d) The free shipping.
2. Why does the narrator find the environmentally conscious bumper stickers on vans ironic?
(a) Vans run on ethanol.
(b) Vans are big polluters.
(c) Vans are all diesel.
(d) Vans are electric.
3. What type of boat do the campers get to try?
4. Ironically, the happy, family, outdoorsy vehicle known as the camper is now used by the Mafia as ____________________________.
(a) A gun shop.
(b) A drug den.
(c) A liquor store.
(d) A whorehouse.
5. What is masked as a cigar in the catalog?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A lighter.
(c) A flask.
(d) A kaleidoscope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the boys when they are in search of clues?
2. What is the treasure to be found at the end of the camp season?
3. Who does the narrator mention as a negative part of Van Culture?
4. According to the narrator, how do Camper people drive?
5. What is one of the "get rich quick" products in the catalog?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)