Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character often appears in the images on pages 72 and 73?
2. Which word best describes the position of artists as traditional oil painting develops?
3. What do paintings of children demonstrate about the patron who commissioned the work?
4. What could be the theme for all of the images included on pages 68 to 71?
5. What is different about an art collector compared to a collector of other objects?
Explain how there is a gap between words and sight as described by Berger et al. Use Magritte's painting "The Key of Dreams" as an example in your writing.
Write an essay to compare the techniques of traditional oil painting and early photographic techniques. In your writing, cover the following questions. Which techniques are better at exposing details in the subject? Which technique gives more life to a subject? What affect does early photography have on oil painting? Give an example from the text that compares an oil painting to early photography, and describe the obvious differences that appear to the viewer.
Explain the development of the singular eye of perspective with the following three-part essay.
Part 1 - Explain Berger et al.'s metaphor of the lighthouse beacon.
Part 2 - Describe how the singular eye of perspective shapes the way viewers can see a sight.
Part 3 - Explain how the invention of the camera changed the singular eye of perspective, and describe its consequences on the art world.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)