|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character often appears in the images on pages 72 and 73?
2. Which word best describes the position of artists as traditional oil painting develops?
3. What do paintings of children demonstrate about the patron who commissioned the work?
4. What could be the theme for all of the images included on pages 68 to 71?
5. What is different about an art collector compared to a collector of other objects?
Essay Topic 1
Write an opinion essay to answer the following question. Do you think that the combination of publicity, glamour, and consumerism is a recipe for unhappiness? Support your opinion by agreeing or disagreeing with the examples from the authors.
Essay Topic 2
Write a three-part essay to explain the ideas presented on the differences between men and women.
Part 1 - Describe the authors' opinions on the difference between how a man and woman are positioned in society, and discuss why.
Part 2 - Explain the difference between how a man views himself and how a woman must view herself.
Part 3 - Explain Berger et al.'s idea on how a woman must see herself as a sight.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how there is a gap between words and sight as described by Berger et al. Use Magritte's painting "The Key of Dreams" as an example in your writing.
This section contains 1,359 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)