|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could be the theme for all of the images included on pages 68 to 71?
2. What is the appearance of the figures in pages 72 to 73?
3. After the period of traditional oil paintings, what medium becomes the primary form of visual imagery?
4. What is the title of all the paintings on pages 70 and 71?
5. What is different about an art collector compared to a collector of other objects?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an opinion essay to answer the following question. Do you think that the combination of publicity, glamour, and consumerism is a recipe for unhappiness? Support your opinion by agreeing or disagreeing with the examples from the authors.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how there is a gap between words and sight as described by Berger et al. Use Magritte's painting "The Key of Dreams" as an example in your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write the following three-part essay to explain how individuals have different ways of seeing.
Part 1 - Describe what the authors mean by "ways of seeing."
Part 2 - Describe why individuals all have different ways of seeing.
Part 3 - Give some examples that demonstrate how individuals have different ways of seeing.
This section contains 1,340 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)