|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the paired images on pages 126 and 127?
2. All of the following are titles of works that begin Chapter 6, except for which one?
3. Which word best describes the series of portraits displayed in the Knoll Ball Room?
4. In Chapter 6, what images are on pages 120 and 121?
5. After the period of traditional oil paintings, what medium becomes the primary form of visual imagery?
Essay Topic 1
Write the following three-part essay to explain how individuals have different ways of seeing.
Part 1 - Describe what the authors mean by "ways of seeing."
Part 2 - Describe why individuals all have different ways of seeing.
Part 3 - Give some examples that demonstrate how individuals have different ways of seeing.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the qualities of European oil paintings with publicity images. Cover the following questions in your writing. What do both European oil paintings and publicity images depict? How are these subjects depicted in a way that is similar? How do both of these types of images make their subjects appear attainable and desirable?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how there is a gap between words and sight as described by Berger et al. Use Magritte's painting "The Key of Dreams" as an example in your writing.
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)