|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could one best describe Hans Baldung Grien's "Three ages of Women"?
2. What is similar about all of the portraits on page 76?
(a) All the subjects are holding a bible.
(b) All the subjects are reclining in a chair.
(c) All the subjects are undressing.
(d) All the subjects stand alone.
3. What could easily be stated as the theme of the paintings on pages 68 and 69?
4. What are most traditional oil paintings commissioned to demonstrate to the viewer?
(a) The power and wealth of the patron.
(b) The style of monarchy and church rule of the time period.
(c) The social conditions of the time period.
(d) The political turmoil that the patron has survived.
5. In Chapter 4, what are the images depictions of on pages 66 and 67?
(a) Celebrity photos.
(b) Botanical prints.
(c) Former Presidents.
(d) Religious icons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chapter 6 comprised of?
2. Which statement could easily be an interpretation of Van Gogh's "a cornfield with birds flying out of it"?
3. What do navigational instruments generally symbolize in a traditional oil painting?
4. Which of the following is a common theme in the images on pages 116 and 117?
5. How is Maddox Brown's painting different than the other images on pages 66 and 67?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)