|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 6 begins with images from which artist?
(b) William Blake.
(d) Da Vinci.
2. What does Nattier's "Mademoiselle de Clermonte" depict?
(a) The wealth and power and foreign nations.
(b) The injustice against women.
(c) The politics of war.
(d) The social structure that is acceptable and expected of the time.
3. In Chapter 6, which painting best shows the humanity of its subject?
(a) "Sarah Burge, 1883. Dr Barnardo's Homes."
(b) Nattier's "Mademoiselle de Clermonte."
(c) "Princess Rakoscki."
(d) Rembrandt's "Two Negroes."
4. How could one best describe Hans Baldung Grien's "Three ages of Women"?
5. How is a two-dimensional oil painting different from other forms of art?
(a) It conveys the misplacement of women in society.
(b) It conveys the sights of the common person.
(c) It conveys the illusions of texture, luster, tangibility, and solidity.
(d) It conveys the social position of the owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is extraordinary about painting subjects such as children?
2. What could be the theme for all of the images included on pages 68 to 71?
3. What primarily constitutes a landscape painting as traditional oil techniques are developed?
4. What is Chapter 6 comprised of?
5. How is Rembrandt portrayed in his second self-portrait?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)