|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the visual irony between the images on pages 68 and 69, and the images on pages 70 and 71?
(a) The similarity between the religious and the political.
(b) The play between death and life sustaining sustenance.
(c) The tragedy of love and death.
(d) The connection between naked and nude.
2. In Chapter 4, what are the images depictions of on pages 66 and 67?
(a) Religious icons.
(b) Celebrity photos.
(c) Former Presidents.
(d) Botanical prints.
3. What is the extraordinary significance of works such as" A Family Group" by Nouts?
(a) The subjects are all very wealthy and popular at the time.
(b) The paint itself is a new technology that will last centuries.
(c) A patron of such a work is not typically a collector of art.
(d) An artist spends days and weeks of time laboriously putting oil on canvas to record the event.
4. Which statement could easily be an interpretation of Van Gogh's "a cornfield with birds flying out of it"?
(a) The ultimate battle between rich and poor.
(b) The obsession of fortune and fame of an artist in his day.
(c) The final release from the struggle of his soul before suicide.
(d) The balance between man and nature.
5. After the period of traditional oil paintings, what medium becomes the primary form of visual imagery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is similar about all of the portraits on page 76?
2. How could one best describe Hans Baldung Grien's "Three ages of Women"?
3. In Chapter 6, what images are on pages 120 and 121?
4. What covers the Knoll Ball Room?
5. Which words best describe the setting of "Demoiselles au bord de la Seine"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)