|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character often appears in the images on pages 72 and 73?
(b) The Madonna.
(c) The king's chamberlain.
(d) The Pope.
2. Which word best describes the position of artists as traditional oil painting develops?
3. What do paintings of children demonstrate about the patron who commissioned the work?
(a) It demonstrates what they own and enjoy in life.
(b) It demonstrates that the patron is of good health.
(c) It demonstrates their good political judgment.
(d) It demonstrates how the patron remains in the upper class of society.
4. What could be the theme for all of the images included on pages 68 to 71?
(a) Love will always lead to sorrow.
(b) Nudity does not always equal pleasure for the viewer,
(c) Death is a necessary part of life.
(d) Power is forever corrupt.
5. What is different about an art collector compared to a collector of other objects?
(a) An art collector is surrounded by pictures that show him the sights of what he may posses.
(b) Art collectors must actively take part in their collections.
(c) Art collectors are the most wealthy of collectors.
(d) An art collector typically has more social standing than collectors of other objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could easily be stated as the theme of the paintings on pages 68 and 69?
2. What is the main difference in the effect on the viewer between the two Rembrandt self-portraits?
3. What tends to be the central figure(s) in the images presented in Chapter 4 on pages 66 and 67?
4. What primarily constitutes a landscape painting as traditional oil techniques are developed?
5. In Chapter 6, what images are on pages 120 and 121?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)