|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a woman composed of two parts of one female identity, according to Berger et al.?
(a) Because she makes it a habit to look in the mirror.
(b) Because she needs to feel wanted by others.
(c) Because she creates an identity for each part of her life.
(d) Because she continually sees and is seen by herself.
2. What types of images are paired together on pages 126 and 127?
(a) Oil paintings and photographs.
(b) Drawings and architectural diagrams.
(c) Female nude paintings and male nude photos.
(d) Advertisements and celebrity photos.
3. Which of the following would be a good symbol for the collection of images on pages 68 to 71?
(a) A nude woman with a rose.
(b) A president with a burning flag.
(c) A corpse with a glass of wine.
(d) Two doves with an olive branch.
4. What is similar about all of the portraits on page 76?
(a) All the subjects are holding a bible.
(b) All the subjects stand alone.
(c) All the subjects are undressing.
(d) All the subjects are reclining in a chair.
5. What makes the self-portraits on pages 80 and 81 interesting to the viewer?
(a) The subject is more intriguing in a typical portrait.
(b) The artist gives the viewer more than the single eye of perspective.
(c) The painter includes more fine details in the self-portraits than a typical commissioned portrait.
(d) The perspective is more intimate and human than a typical portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words best describe the gaze of the subjects on their own material goods in a traditional oil painting?
2. In pages 36 and 37, how is the female figure presented?
3. What is the purpose of the paired images on pages 126 and 127?
4. Who is meant to benefit from the focus of a nude painting?
5. What is Berger's conclusion about the image of a nude woman looking in a mirror?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)