|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Berger's conclusion about the image of a nude woman looking in a mirror?
(a) That the mirror signifies the woman's vanity.
(b) That the mirror creates a split character in the nude woman.
(c) That the mirror shows a woman comparing herself to a younger woman.
(d) That the mirror neutralizes the guilt of both spectator and nude.
2. According to Berger et al., how must a woman observe herself in order to see herself in the eyes of a man?
(a) She must appreciate her use to a man.
(b) She must look at herself as though she is an object.
(c) She must see herself in a mirror.
(d) She must give herself time to reflect on images which appeal to men.
3. In pages 36 and 37, how is the female figure presented?
(a) Fully clothed.
(b) In make-up advertisements.
(c) All in designer clothing.
4. What words would best describe Chapter 2 as a whole?
(a) Men, money, power.
(b) Art, culture, society.
(c) Politics, education, government.
(d) Women, nudes, consumerism.
5. Which of the following is a detail of Gauguin's painting "Nevermore"?
(a) The painting includes a man at the woman's side.
(b) The female figure is facing her back to the viewer.
(c) The viewer can see many sides of the female figure.
(d) The painting includes a crow sitting above the female nude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is a traditional object used in covering the figures in nude paintings?
2. In general, what are words used to do?
3. Which statement best describes what is eliminated when a work of art is reproduced?
4. Magritte's painting is an example of what type of artwork?
5. What is typically the focus in a work of art displaying a nude?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)