|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Berger et al. mean by the phrase "holy relic"?
(a) That historical art works belong in churches or holy buildings,
(b) That museums make money from making original artworks appear holy.
(c) That a viewer may feel a sense of authenticity and beauty in the presence of an original.
(d) That a reproduced copy devalues the original art.
2. How could one best describe Hans Baldung Grien's "Three ages of Women"?
3. In what way does the ruling class of a period support or promote their own way of seeing?
(a) By creating great halls of family portraits.
(b) By only permitting specifc depictions of holy figures.
(c) By commissioning oil paintings that depict sights of what they possess.
(d) By bribing artists into depicting themselves as more wealthy or powerful than they really are.
4. What metaphor do Berger et al. use to explain the single eye of perspective?
(a) A ceramic relic from ancient Greece.
(b) A cubist painting.
(c) A lighthouse beacon.
(d) A telescope.
5. In Chapter 4, what are the images depictions of on pages 66 and 67?
(a) Religious icons.
(b) Botanical prints.
(c) Former Presidents.
(d) Celebrity photos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chapter 6 comprised of?
2. What tends to be the central figure(s) in the images presented in Chapter 4 on pages 66 and 67?
3. According to the authors, what are women culturally and socially conditioned to do?
4. How is Maddox Brown's painting different than the other images on pages 66 and 67?
5. What could be said about the contents of Chapter 4?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)