|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is prominent in Ruben's painting?
(a) Wine and a party.
(b) Fruits and vegetables.
(c) Nude figures.
(d) Men arguing.
2. In Chapter 2, what do facing pages 40 and 41 contain?
(a) Males viewing female nudes in oil paintings.
(b) Advertising slogans.
(c) Female nudes in oil paintings.
(d) Publicity images.
3. What word would best describe the images on pages 40 and 41?
4. What does the author use "The Key of Dreams" as an example of?
(a) The use of bad titles.
(b) The use of words with image.
(c) The gap between words and image.
(d) The use of poetry in image.
5. What diversifies the meaning of a painting?
(a) The type of museum lighting.
(b) Its type of framing.
(c) Its reproduction in many locations.
(d) Its title.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which unique content is present in Chapter 2, on pages 40 and 41?
2. Which of the following is a detail of Gauguin's painting "Nevermore"?
3. Which phrase describes Magritte's painting "The Key of Dreams"?
4. What words would best describe Chapter 2 as a whole?
5. Why does the author discuss the work of Frans Hals?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)