|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what image is prominent on the first set of facing pages 36 and 37?
(a) The number five.
(b) A female artist holding a paintbrush and wearing a smock.
(c) A nude male.
(d) A large piece of raw meat.
2. What is similar about the images on pages 42 and 43?
(a) They are mostly publicity images aimed at a female viewer.
(b) They mostly involve still lifes, not human subjects.
(c) They are entirely black and white.
(d) They are mostly paintings without titles.
3. What metaphor do Berger et al. use to explain the single eye of perspective?
(a) A ceramic relic from ancient Greece.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A lighthouse beacon.
(d) A cubist painting.
4. Which of the following is a detail of Gauguin's painting "Nevermore"?
(a) The painting includes a man at the woman's side.
(b) The viewer can see many sides of the female figure.
(c) The painting includes a crow sitting above the female nude.
(d) The female figure is facing her back to the viewer.
5. In general, what does seeing do?
(a) Enables you to read.
(b) Gives you the ability to touch the environment.
(c) Gives you the ability to avoid danger.
(d) Enables you to respond to the environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number is posted symbolically on pages 36 and 37 of Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 2, what is the most stark contrast between the images on the first set of facing pages (36 and 37) and the images on the second set of facing pages (38 and 39)?
3. What is surprising to see mixed in with the images on pages 40 and 41?
4. What is the theme of pages 42 and 43?
5. What could be stated as the theme of pages 40 and 41?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)