|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following are included in the images featured on pages 70 to 71, except for which ones?
(b) Political icons.
(c) Dead animals.
(d) Food and drink.
2. What painting by Ruben is included in pages 42 and 43?
(a) "Birds flying from haystack."
(b) "Abstract female nude."
(c) "Bathsheba at Her Bath."
(d) "Judgement of Paris."
3. Who is meant to be the ideal viewer of pages 42 and 43?
(a) Contemporary artists.
(b) Female consumers.
(c) Art historians.
4. The author proposes that there is a gap between what two concepts?
(a) Words and poetry.
(b) Words and sight.
(c) Words and text.
(d) Words and thought.
5. What generalization could be made about the combination of images on pages 40 and 41?
(a) They are to promote the authority and power of famous politicians.
(b) They are to create a feeling of beauty in all people.
(c) They are to demonstrate the importance of a good education.
(d) They are to promote the provocative qualities in women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tends to be the central figure(s) in the images presented in Chapter 4 on pages 66 and 67?
2. In pages 36 and 37, how is the female figure presented?
3. What is similar about the images on pages 42 and 43?
4. Which statement summarizes how images are subjective?
5. What does the traditional depiction of Adam and Eve project as the perception of being naked?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)