|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the title of a painting on pages 72 and 73?
(a) "The Princess of Russia."
(c) "Venus and Mars."
(d) "President Washington Age 40."
2. In general, what are words used to do?
(a) See the environment.
(b) Learn new things.
(c) Explain the environment.
(d) Avoid danger.
3. According to Berger et al., how is a woman's social presence different than a man's?
(a) Her presence represents how a woman feels about herself and what may be done to her.
(b) Her presence represents what a woman can do for a man.
(c) Her presence represents a man's desires.
(d) Her presence represents a woman's power over men.
4. According to the authors, what are women culturally and socially conditioned to do?
(a) Be politically educated.
(b) Be aware of their own image as others see it.
(c) Critize the condition of other women.
(d) Project the wants of others.
5. In Chapter 4, what are the images depictions of on pages 66 and 67?
(a) Former Presidents.
(b) Botanical prints.
(c) Religious icons.
(d) Celebrity photos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berger et al. claim that a woman's presence is to a man?
2. In Chapter 2, what do facing pages 40 and 41 contain?
3. In general, what does seeing do?
4. Why does the author discuss the work of Frans Hals?
5. What could be stated as the theme of pages 40 and 41?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)