|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edmund Wilson describe the relationship between Marx and Engels?
(a) Marx kept Engels from going stray.
(b) Engels gave Marx support.
(c) Marx gave Engels structure and inspiration.
(d) Engels gave Marx intellectual seriousness and political zeal.
2. Where were Lenin and his wife when they heard about the revolution?
3. What did Lenin say was the last stage of capitalism?
(b) International capitalism.
4. How do Marx and Engels describe the proletariat?
(a) As the next usurpers.
(b) As the emergent institution.
(c) As an eternal principle of society.
(d) As the anti-thesis.
5. What Renaissance thinker did Michelet discover?
(b) Da Vinci.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Saint-Simon's theory of history?
2. According to Edmund Wilson, Babeuf saw the center of power during the French Revolution as being ______________.
3. How was the Tsar removed from power?
4. What did Babeuf do when he got out of prison?
5. Who were the Lenins with when they returned to Russia in 1917?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)