|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marx define labor?
(a) As a commodity.
(b) As a force of nature.
(c) As the source of all value.
(d) As just one agent of the earth's fulfillment in economic activity.
2. What kind of approach toward the study of economics did Marx take?
3. Why was Marx placed under police surveillance at the university?
(a) For subverting the university.
(b) For womanizing.
(c) For debt.
(d) For subversive ideas.
4. What was the state of the Russian intelligentsia in the end of the 19th century?
(c) Decadent and disconnected.
(d) Fervent with revolutionary rhetoric.
5. What did Taine believe about the French Revolution?
(a) It would end in totalitarianism.
(b) It was evidence of a workers' state coming into existence.
(c) It was evidence of corrections taking place.
(d) It was the beginning of the Communist Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Lenin's relationship with his wife?
2. What did Taine study after 1871, when the Commune was established?
3. What did La Scienza Nuova describe?
4. What French philosopher influenced both Fourier and Owen?
5. Where did the "dialectic" in dialectic materialism come from?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)