|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Michelet unique?
(a) He wrote in the language of the ordinary man.
(b) He injected his own feelings into his historical narrative.
(c) He described the underlying unity of historical themes.
(d) He saw the interrelatedness of all life.
2. What was Marx's passion while he was studying law?
(a) International law.
(b) Contract law.
3. How were Marx' early writings received?
(a) They incited radical groups to action.
(b) They resulted in his exile from Germany.
(c) They were not much noticed.
(d) They generated interest from the newspaper readers.
4. According to the author, Michelet's writings would reappear ___________.
(a) In Marx.
(b) In Darwin.
(c) In Marcuse.
(d) In Freud.
5. What did Michelet say about the French Revolution?
(a) The masses would one day seize the means of production.
(b) The people were more important than the leaders.
(c) The French Revolution was inseparable from developments in economic theory.
(d) The French Revolution was really a story about the development of military technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Michelet suspended from his teaching post?
2. What happened to Michelet's interest in nations?
3. Edmund Wilson relates that Babeuf worked at __________.
4. What did Fourier and Owen believed about wealth?
5. According to the author, the success of Owen's community depended on ______________.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)