|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Renaissance thinker did Michelet discover?
(c) Da Vinci.
2. Where were most French artists and thinkers living in the early 1850s?
(a) In London.
(b) In exile.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In Munich.
3. What character trait does Edmund Wilson see in both Fourier and Owen?
(b) Admiration for technology.
(c) Intolerance for weakness.
(d) Abhorrence for cruelty.
4. How old was Babeuf during the Revolution?
5. Marx wrote his doctoral thesis on ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michelet write as a result of his reading in the Renaissance?
2. According to the author, Michelet's writings would reappear ___________.
3. To what does Edmund Wilson attribute the need for political action in the early/mid 1800s?
4. Where did Owen put his idealistic notions into practice?
5. What value does Edmund Wilson attribute to Michelet's work?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)