|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michelet define the relations between the classes?
(a) Based on the ability to seize power.
(b) Based on fear of the class below.
(c) Based on greed.
(d) Based on envy of the class above.
2. What language did Michelet NOT read?
3. What value does Edmund Wilson attribute to Michelet's work?
(a) He told the history of nations who lost wars but kept their culture intact.
(b) He described the subterranean narrative driving history.
(c) He described history from the perspective of the people living through it.
(d) He told history from the poor people's perspective.
4. What Renaissance thinker did Michelet discover?
(a) Da Vinci.
5. According to Edmund Wilson, Babeuf saw the center of power during the French Revolution as being ______________.
(a) In the hands of people who appointed the leaders.
(b) In the hands of the people who were unhappy.
(c) In the hands of the people with armies.
(d) In the hands of people who counted the votes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Babeuf do when he got out of prison?
2. What does Edmund Wilson say Taine tried to represent in his history?
3. Prosper Enfantin was a follower of whom?
4. Michelet said that the bourgeoisie __________________.
5. How does Edmund Wilson contrast Taine with Renan?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)