|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michelet study in history?
(a) The range of religious expression.
(b) Technology's influence on the means of production.
(c) The personalities that played a role in it.
(d) The theories that unified all history into one narrative.
2. What organization did Michelet want to create?
(a) A European army to keep workers in line.
(b) An international monetary fund.
(c) A congress of industrial leaders.
(d) An armed peace league.
3. Michelet believed the history of the 19th century was summed up by _________.
(a) Capitalism, militarism, and colonialism.
(b) Expansionism, militarism, and scientific progress.
(c) Industrialism, militarism, and socialism.
(d) Religion, technology, and militarism.
4. On what point did Marx agree with Engels when he first read his work?
(a) Economics was crippled by being divorced from morality and religion.
(b) One spirit undergirded all of history's development.
(c) History would culminate in a workers' state.
(d) German philosophy didn't provide social principles.
5. Where did Marx learn about the ideas of Saint-Simon?
(a) In the military.
(b) From his parents.
(c) From his neighbor.
(d) In school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edmund Wilson characterize for Taine the difference between history and science?
2. According to the author, what happened to the bourgeoisie after the French Revolution?
3. What does Edmund Wilson examine from the Middle Ages?
4. What did Michelet write as a result of his reading in the Renaissance?
5. When was Jules Michelet teaching?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)