|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Michelet's relationship with Marx and Engels?
(a) They all worked toward brokering a peace between owners and workers.
(b) They all endorsed class warfare against the rich.
(c) They all signed an international pacifist manifesto.
(d) They were all persecuted together.
2. How does Edmund Wilson describe Taine's approach to history?
3. What was Saint-Simon's theory of history?
(a) A punctuated equilibrium.
(b) A seething chaos run by the powerful.
(c) Waves of equilibrium and breakdown.
(d) A cycle of development and destruction.
4. How were Marx' early writings received?
(a) They were not much noticed.
(b) They generated interest from the newspaper readers.
(c) They resulted in his exile from Germany.
(d) They incited radical groups to action.
5. What did Michelet write about beginning in 1843?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) The evolution of history.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Italian Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Taine distancing himself from in his work?
2. What was Michelet's relationship with socialism?
3. How old was Anatole France at the time of the Commune?
4. According to the the author, what did Babeuf want for the people?
5. What does Edmund Wilson examine from the Middle Ages?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)