|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fourier and Owen believe about the role of government?
(a) It should be concerned with public morality.
(b) It should be based on its ability to maintain order.
(c) It should be founded in church doctrine.
(d) It should focus on industry.
2. According to the author, Michelet's writings demonstrate _____________.
(a) How all classes belong to one economy.
(b) How class warfare is latent in every nation.
(c) How different economies drive different parts of each nation's economy.
(d) How the master-slave dialectic is present in every culture.
3. What did Michelet describe about each social class?
(a) Its unity with the other classes.
(b) Its unique pressures and fears.
(c) Its lack of connection with the earth.
(d) Its interdependence with the other classes.
4. Prosper Enfantin was a follower of whom?
(a) Fourier and Owens.
5. What value does Edmund Wilson attribute to Michelet's work?
(a) He told the history of nations who lost wars but kept their culture intact.
(b) He told history from the poor people's perspective.
(c) He described the subterranean narrative driving history.
(d) He described history from the perspective of the people living through it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michelet believed the history of the 19th century was summed up by _________.
2. Edmund Wilson relates that Babeuf worked at __________.
3. What did Michelet focus on in his histories?
4. According to the author, Michelet's writings would reappear ___________.
5. How does Michelet define the relations between the classes?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)