|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, the success of Owen's community depended on ______________.
(a) Inflated prices for coal.
(b) Owen's presence.
(c) Strict enforcement of laws.
(d) Owen's subsidies.
2. Where did Friedrich Engels grow up?
(a) Salzburg, Austria.
(b) Barmen, Germany.
(c) Stuttgart, Germany.
(d) Zurich, Switzerland.
3. What French philosopher influenced both Fourier and Owen?
(d) de Sade.
4. Where did Marx grow up?
5. What was the subject of Renan's The Future of Science?
(a) Conflict in scientific communities.
(b) Morality and faith in society.
(c) Technology and science in religion.
(d) Philosophy in economics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Marx take in 1842?
2. What did Michelet write about beginning in 1843?
3. What doctrine influenced both Marx and Engels?
4. Who converted Engels in Cologne?
5. What was Marx's passion while he was studying law?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)