|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Michelet's relationship with Marx and Engels?
(a) They all worked toward brokering a peace between owners and workers.
(b) They were all persecuted together.
(c) They all signed an international pacifist manifesto.
(d) They all endorsed class warfare against the rich.
2. What did Michelet write after he had become the Conservator of the French Archives?
(a) Roman History.
(b) History of the Middle Ages.
(c) Introduction to Universal History.
(d) The Insect.
3. According to the author, what ended with the French Revolution?
4. When did Lenin begin to read Marx?
(a) At the University of Berlin.
(b) After being expelled from the University of Kazan.
(c) In high school.
(d) At the University of Kazan.
5. How do Marx and Engels describe a socialist society?
(a) As the end of economics.
(b) As the humanization of industrialism.
(c) As the next thesis, which will create a new anti-thesis.
(d) As the synthesis of bourgeoisie and proletariat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marx review Proudhon's book on private property?
2. What does Edmund Wilson say about the French artists' and intellectuals' engagement with politics after Louis Bonaparte became Emperor in 1851?
3. What did Michelet write as a result of his reading in the Renaissance?
4. What position did Marx take in 1842?
5. How do Marx and Engels describe the bourgeoisie?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)