|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Saint-Simon thought society should be based on ____________.
2. According to the author, Saint-Simon viewed society's goals as changing ______________.
(a) From communal power to individual power.
(b) From war for conquest to war for annihilation.
(c) From production and consumption to war and conquest.
(d) From community and church to production and consumption.
3. What was Saint-Simon's theory of history?
(a) A punctuated equilibrium.
(b) Waves of equilibrium and breakdown.
(c) A seething chaos run by the powerful.
(d) A cycle of development and destruction.
4. What organization did Michelet want to create?
(a) An armed peace league.
(b) A congress of industrial leaders.
(c) An international monetary fund.
(d) A European army to keep workers in line.
5. According to Edmund Wilson, Babeuf saw the center of power during the French Revolution as being ______________.
(a) In the hands of people who appointed the leaders.
(b) In the hands of the people who were unhappy.
(c) In the hands of the people with armies.
(d) In the hands of people who counted the votes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelet define the relations between the classes?
2. Michelet believed the history of the 19th century was summed up by _________.
3. How old was Anatole France at the time of the Commune?
4. According to the the author, what did Babeuf want for the people?
5. What did La Scienza Nuova examine?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)