|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Michelet begin his work on the French Revolution?
(a) With feudalism.
(b) With the Rights of Man.
(c) With the American Revolution.
(d) With Locke and Rousseau.
2. What Renaissance thinker did Michelet discover?
(d) Da Vinci.
3. What was Michelet's relationship with Marx and Engels?
(a) They all signed an international pacifist manifesto.
(b) They all worked toward brokering a peace between owners and workers.
(c) They all endorsed class warfare against the rich.
(d) They were all persecuted together.
4. How does Michelet define the relations between the classes?
(a) Based on envy of the class above.
(b) Based on greed.
(c) Based on fear of the class below.
(d) Based on the ability to seize power.
5. According to the the author, what did Babeuf want for the people?
(a) More religion and morality.
(b) A better life.
(c) More self-sacrifice.
(d) More productivity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Michelet's other books like after his History of France?
2. Saint-Simon thought society should be based on ____________.
3. What did Michelet say about the French Revolution?
4. Why did Saint-Simon not participate in the French Revolution?
5. Michelet said that the bourgeoisie __________________.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)