|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michelet write about beginning in 1843?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Italian Revolution.
(c) The American Revolution.
(d) The evolution of history.
2. According to the the author, what did Babeuf want for the people?
(a) More religion and morality.
(b) More self-sacrifice.
(c) More productivity.
(d) A better life.
3. What does Edmund Wilson say about the French artists' and intellectuals' engagement with politics after Louis Bonaparte became Emperor in 1851?
(a) They wanted to preserve the old feudal system of patronage.
(b) They were not interested.
(c) They were deeply committed to fighting for the workers.
(d) They wanted to create their own republic.
4. What Renaissance thinker did Michelet discover?
(b) Da Vinci.
5. When was Michelet suspended from his teaching post?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Taine examine works of literature?
2. What did Michelet focus on in his histories?
3. What language did Michelet NOT read?
4. What did Jules Michelet teach?
5. Michelet said that the bourgeoisie __________________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)