|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michelet say about the French Revolution?
(a) The people were more important than the leaders.
(b) The French Revolution was inseparable from developments in economic theory.
(c) The French Revolution was really a story about the development of military technology.
(d) The masses would one day seize the means of production.
2. What did Michelet focus on in his histories?
3. What did Taine believe about the French Revolution?
(a) It would end in totalitarianism.
(b) It was the beginning of the Communist Revolution.
(c) It was evidence of a workers' state coming into existence.
(d) It was evidence of corrections taking place.
4. What language did Michelet NOT read?
5. What value does Edmund Wilson attribute to Michelet's work?
(a) He told history from the poor people's perspective.
(b) He told the history of nations who lost wars but kept their culture intact.
(c) He described the subterranean narrative driving history.
(d) He described history from the perspective of the people living through it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Michelet trying to develop when he discovered the Renaissance philosopher?
2. Why did Saint-Simon not participate in the French Revolution?
3. According to Edmund Wilson, Babeuf saw the center of power during the French Revolution as being ______________.
4. What does Edmund Wilson say about the French artists' and intellectuals' engagement with politics after Louis Bonaparte became Emperor in 1851?
5. Where did Michelet begin his work on the French Revolution?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)