|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did Michelet NOT read?
2. What was the subject of Renan's The Future of Science?
(a) Technology and science in religion.
(b) Conflict in scientific communities.
(c) Philosophy in economics.
(d) Morality and faith in society.
3. According to Edmund Wilson, Babeuf saw the center of power during the French Revolution as being ______________.
(a) In the hands of people who appointed the leaders.
(b) In the hands of people who counted the votes.
(c) In the hands of the people who were unhappy.
(d) In the hands of the people with armies.
4. What was Michelet's relationship with socialism?
(a) He prophesied it.
(b) He preached it in poor neighborhoods.
(c) He condemned it.
(d) He did not endorse it.
5. What does Edmund Wilson examine from the Middle Ages?
(a) The emergence of the notion that man could improve himself.
(b) The emergence of the idea of nations.
(c) The development of a notion of humanity as a transcendent unity.
(d) The development of a theory of history.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Edmund Wilson, Saint-Simon represented______________.
2. Michelet believed the history of the 19th century was summed up by _________.
3. What name was ultimately given to the line of thought Michelet developed?
4. According to the the author, what did Babeuf want for the people?
5. When was Jules Michelet teaching?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)