|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Michelet suspended from his teaching post?
2. In what project did Marx involve Proudhon?
(a) A correspondence to keep communists in touch with one another.
(b) Publishing young socialist philosophers.
(c) Collecting the letters of revolutionaries.
(d) Organizing workers into collectives.
3. What did Michelet study in history?
(a) The range of religious expression.
(b) Technology's influence on the means of production.
(c) The personalities that played a role in it.
(d) The theories that unified all history into one narrative.
4. What was the one condition on which Proudhon agreed to Marx's project?
(a) It would bring about the revolution.
(b) It would not result in political action.
(c) It would not put them at risk of being arrested.
(d) It would not become a religious doctrine.
5. How were Marx' early writings received?
(a) They resulted in his exile from Germany.
(b) They were not much noticed.
(c) They incited radical groups to action.
(d) They generated interest from the newspaper readers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marx began to work with Proudhon, who had written _____________.
2. How does Edmund Wilson characterize for Taine the difference between history and science?
3. How did the "Communist Manifesto treat education?
4. On what point did Marx agree with Engels when he first read his work?
5. How did Taine examine works of literature?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)