|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, Michelet's writings would reappear ___________.
(a) In Darwin.
(b) In Marcuse.
(c) In Freud.
(d) In Marx.
2. What position did Marx take in 1842?
(a) Editor-in-chief of a newspaper.
(b) Political activist.
(c) Investigative reporter.
(d) Editor of a radical magazine.
3. What were Marx and Engels trying to define after writing "The Condition of the Working Class in England"?
(a) A grounds for opposing the ruling classes.
(b) A revolutionary moment.
(c) Their own individual philosophies.
(d) An excuse for starting a class war.
4. What did Taine believe about the French Revolution?
(a) It was the beginning of the Communist Revolution.
(b) It was evidence of a workers' state coming into existence.
(c) It would end in totalitarianism.
(d) It was evidence of corrections taking place.
5. Why did Marx decide to leave Germany?
(a) He was broke.
(b) It was becoming too rigid for his views.
(c) He was wanted for his political activities.
(d) He was always being threatened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the one condition on which Proudhon agreed to Marx's project?
2. What does Edmund Wilson say Taine tried to represent in his history?
3. How were Marx' early writings received?
4. How does Edmund Wilson characterize for Taine the difference between history and science?
5. What made Michelet unique?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)