|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were most French artists and thinkers living in the early 1850s?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In Munich.
(c) In London.
(d) In exile.
2. Saint-Simon thought society should be based on ____________.
3. Why was Michelet suspended from his teaching post?
4. What did Babeuf do when he got out of prison?
(a) Wrote incendiary political tracts.
(b) Went into exile.
(c) Began to use violence as a political tool.
(d) Joined the underground.
5. What did Michelet study in history?
(a) The theories that unified all history into one narrative.
(b) The range of religious expression.
(c) Technology's influence on the means of production.
(d) The personalities that played a role in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what was the result of the French Revolution?
2. How does Edmund Wilson describe Taine's approach to history?
3. Why did Saint-Simon not participate in the French Revolution?
4. How old was Babeuf during the Revolution?
5. What were Michelet's other books like after his History of France?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)