|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Babeuf do when he got out of prison?
(a) Went into exile.
(b) Began to use violence as a political tool.
(c) Joined the underground.
(d) Wrote incendiary political tracts.
2. What did Michelet say about the French Revolution?
(a) The people were more important than the leaders.
(b) The French Revolution was inseparable from developments in economic theory.
(c) The French Revolution was really a story about the development of military technology.
(d) The masses would one day seize the means of production.
3. How does Edmund Wilson contrast Taine with Renan?
(a) Edmund Wilson says that Taine was a less important thinker than Renan.
(b) Edmund Wilson says that Taine is a more religious thinker than Renan.
(c) Edmund Wilson saw Taine as concerned with the present.
(d) Edmund Wilson says that Taine was not a serious historian.
4. What was the one condition on which Proudhon agreed to Marx's project?
(a) It would bring about the revolution.
(b) It would not become a religious doctrine.
(c) It would not result in political action.
(d) It would not put them at risk of being arrested.
5. How is the "Communist Manifesto" described?
(a) The tools for bringing a revolution.
(b) The methods a revolutionary party should employ.
(c) A post-revolutionary society.
(d) A legal defense of a workers' revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Taine study after 1871, when the Commune was established?
2. Where did Michelet begin his work on the French Revolution?
3. How does Edmund Wilson describe Marx and Engels' doctrine for intervention in human affairs?
4. How did Marx review Proudhon's book on private property?
5. Which university did Marx attend?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)