|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Babeuf do when he got out of prison?
(a) Began to use violence as a political tool.
(b) Joined the underground.
(c) Went into exile.
(d) Wrote incendiary political tracts.
2. Where did Michelet go during his travels through Europe?
3. What were Marx and Engels trying to define after writing "The Condition of the Working Class in England"?
(a) A revolutionary moment.
(b) Their own individual philosophies.
(c) An excuse for starting a class war.
(d) A grounds for opposing the ruling classes.
4. What was the one condition on which Proudhon agreed to Marx's project?
(a) It would not put them at risk of being arrested.
(b) It would bring about the revolution.
(c) It would not result in political action.
(d) It would not become a religious doctrine.
5. According to Edmund Wilson, Babeuf saw the center of power during the French Revolution as being ______________.
(a) In the hands of people who appointed the leaders.
(b) In the hands of the people who were unhappy.
(c) In the hands of people who counted the votes.
(d) In the hands of the people with armies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marx review Proudhon's book on private property?
2. Where were most French artists and thinkers living in the early 1850s?
3. To what does Edmund Wilson attribute the need for political action in the early/mid 1800s?
4. What does Edmund Wilson say Taine tried to represent in his history?
5. Saint-Simon thought society should be based on ____________.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)