|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nirvana is what?
2. What is the second, shila paramita?
3. We will see layers of causes and conditions, and can now stop ingesting the nutriments causing our suffering by practicing what as a guide?
4. Our true home, and paradise, are where?
5. Incorrect perceptions are conditioned by the afflictions in us of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
2. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
3. What is the Sixth Power?
4. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
5. What is Dharmakaya?
6. Describe the Twelve Links.
7. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
8. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
9. Describe a second paramita.
10. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author gives advice on how to begin meditation.
Part 1) How should one begin meditation, according to the author? Why does he suggest this? How does this fit with Buddhist teachings?
Part 2) What else does the author say about meditation? How important is meditation? Why?
Part 3) Do you believe meditation is useful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Concentration is not to ignore suffering but to be deeply present.
Part 1) What is your definition of concentration? How does it compare to this definition?
Part 2) According to this book, what types of concentration exist? What is the purpose of all these types of concentration and various levels?
Part 3) how is concentration connected to other aspects of Buddhism? How does it lead Nirvana and paradise?
Essay Topic 3
There are miracles of mindfulness.
Part 1) What are these miracles of mindfulness? How is Right Mindfulness at the heart of Buddha's teachings?
Part 2) How might these be considered miracles? What is the connection between these miracles and suffering? How might these miracles lead one to paradise?
Part 3) How could these miracles of mindfulness change your life? How could they change your school? Your community?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)