|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Incorrect perceptions are conditioned by the afflictions in us of what?
2. The Sarvastivada school defined how many conditions?
3. What must we realize about everything?
4. What is a paramita?
5. Happiness and beauty lie where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
2. Describe a second paramita.
3. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
4. What is the Sixth Power?
5. Describe two more Aggregates.
6. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
7. Describe two of these seven factors.
8. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
9. What are the three Dharma seals?
10. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author gives advice on how to begin meditation.
Part 1) How should one begin meditation, according to the author? Why does he suggest this? How does this fit with Buddhist teachings?
Part 2) What else does the author say about meditation? How important is meditation? Why?
Part 3) Do you believe meditation is useful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Some have tried to prove suffering on earth.
Part 1) How might people have tried to prove suffering on earth? is this good or bad? Why?
Part 2) What does the author have to say about this? What does this reveal about Buddhism?
Part 3) Do you agree with the author in regards to proving suffering on earth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are Three Dharma Seals of Buddha's teaching.
Part 1) What are these seals? how are they related to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 2) How are these three connected to one another? How do those seals promote peace and joy?
Part 3) Why are these Dharma seals required in Buddhism? Why are they so important?
This section contains 1,375 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)