|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
2. What is the second, shila paramita?
3. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
4. Impermanence and nonself are _____________.
5. Finding a way to earn a living that does not conflict with love and compassion can do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe two of these seven factors.
2. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
3. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
4. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
5. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
6. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
7. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
8. For what does the author ask?
9. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
10. Describe two more Aggregates.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are three jewels of refuge in Buddhism.
Part 1) What are these three jewels of refuge? How do these help a believer?
Part 2) How do these compare to other religion's places of refuge?
Part 3) Are these three jewels of refuge equally important? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There are miracles of mindfulness.
Part 1) What are these miracles of mindfulness? How is Right Mindfulness at the heart of Buddha's teachings?
Part 2) How might these be considered miracles? What is the connection between these miracles and suffering? How might these miracles lead one to paradise?
Part 3) How could these miracles of mindfulness change your life? How could they change your school? Your community?
Essay Topic 3
Buddha taught the Eightfold Path up until his death.
Part 1) What is the Eightfold Path? How can it be applied in your daily life?
Part 2) How is this Path connected to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 3) How might Buddha have created this Eightfold Path? How is this Path a progression of steps as in other aspects of Buddhism? I sthis practical for everyday life? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)