|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe professionals should do?
2. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
3. What does form include?
4. Our true home, and paradise, are where?
5. What is a paramita?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
2. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
3. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
4. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
5. Describe a second paramita.
6. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
7. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
8. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
9. Describe the Twelve Links.
10. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are three jewels of refuge in Buddhism.
Part 1) What are these three jewels of refuge? How do these help a believer?
Part 2) How do these compare to other religion's places of refuge?
Part 3) Are these three jewels of refuge equally important? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
One's living is important.
Part 1) What type of living is important? Why is this important?
Part 2) How does this reinforce Buddha's teaching? How can this Right-living lead to peace and joy?
Part 3) How does one's living affect others? How does it affect the world?
Essay Topic 3
Hahn compares life to a wave.
Part 1) Describe this illustration. How does this support Buddhism?
Part 2) How does this illustration compare to your own beliefs about life?
Part 3) How might one's life change when viewing life as a wave? Why?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)