|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Our true home, and paradise, are where?
2. Impermanence and nonself are _____________.
3. Does impermanence cause suffering?
4. Looking beyond signs means what?
5. Holiness is within us when?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dharmakaya?
2. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
3. How is nonself important?
4. What is the Sixth Power?
5. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
6. Describe the Twelve Links.
7. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
8. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
9. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
10. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The twelve turning of the wheel of Dharma is practiced to understand the Four Noble Truths.
Part 1) What are the twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma? What are the Four Noble Truths?
Part 2) How do the turnings help one to understand the wheel of Dharma?
Part 3) What does this connection between the turnings of the wheel of Dharma and the Four Noble Truths reveal about other aspects of Buddhism and their connection with one another?
Essay Topic 2
Hahn compares life to a wave.
Part 1) Describe this illustration. How does this support Buddhism?
Part 2) How does this illustration compare to your own beliefs about life?
Part 3) How might one's life change when viewing life as a wave? Why?
Essay Topic 3
There are Three Dharma Seals of Buddha's teaching.
Part 1) What are these seals? how are they related to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 2) How are these three connected to one another? How do those seals promote peace and joy?
Part 3) Why are these Dharma seals required in Buddhism? Why are they so important?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)