|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Impermanence and nonself are _____________.
2. "Mindfulness always arises in the context of a relationship with ______________________."
3. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
4. Nirvana is what?
5. What is the second of the Five Faculties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
2. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
3. Describe the Twelve Links.
4. Describe a second paramita.
5. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
6. Describe two of these seven factors.
7. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
8. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
9. For what does the author ask?
10. Describe two more Aggregates.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is vital to keep our bodies, hearts, and minds open.
Part 1) Why is this important? How can one keep an open body, heart, and mind?
Part 2) Is it possible to change what one already believes? Why or why not?
Part 3) how does this belief compare to the beliefs of other religions? Is this good or bad? Why?
Essay Topic 2
There are many "Rights" discussed in this book.
Part 1) What are these Rights? How are they connected and intertwined?
Part 2) How do these Rights pertain to your own life?
Part 3) How do you know when you are right? Is there a way to know? Can what is right for you be wrong for another? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are Four Noble Truths.
Part 1) What are these Four Noble Truths? What is the connection between these Truths and the twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma and the Eightfold Path?
Part 2) How do these Truths help one understand and identify suffering? How can this improve one's life?
Part 3) How can the world benefit from these Four Noble Truths?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)