|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sarvastivada school's first condition requires what?
2. The first of six paramitas, dana paramita, is what?
3. Incorrect perceptions are conditioned by the afflictions in us of what?
4. We will see layers of causes and conditions, and can now stop ingesting the nutriments causing our suffering by practicing what as a guide?
5. What must we realize about everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dharmakaya?
2. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
3. Describe the Twelve Links.
4. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
5. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
6. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
7. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
8. Describe a second paramita.
9. What is the Sixth Power?
10. Describe two of these seven factors.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author gives advice on how to begin meditation.
Part 1) How should one begin meditation, according to the author? Why does he suggest this? How does this fit with Buddhist teachings?
Part 2) What else does the author say about meditation? How important is meditation? Why?
Part 3) Do you believe meditation is useful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Some have tried to prove suffering on earth.
Part 1) How might people have tried to prove suffering on earth? is this good or bad? Why?
Part 2) What does the author have to say about this? What does this reveal about Buddhism?
Part 3) Do you agree with the author in regards to proving suffering on earth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are many "Rights" discussed in this book.
Part 1) What are these Rights? How are they connected and intertwined?
Part 2) How do these Rights pertain to your own life?
Part 3) How do you know when you are right? Is there a way to know? Can what is right for you be wrong for another? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)