|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking beyond signs means what?
2. Emptiness must be _____________, not just as philosophy.
3. Does Buddhism ask for blind faith?
4. "Mindfulness always arises in the context of a relationship with ______________________."
5. What is signlessness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Twelve Links.
2. What is the Sixth Power?
3. Describe two of these seven factors.
4. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
5. What are the three Dharma seals?
6. Describe a second paramita.
7. Describe two more Aggregates.
8. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
9. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
10. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are Three Doors of Liberation.
Part 1) What are these Three Doors of Liberation? How are they opened by the Dharma Seals?
Part 2) How do these Doors compare to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 3) Are these required to be truly liberated and joyful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Some have tried to prove suffering on earth.
Part 1) How might people have tried to prove suffering on earth? is this good or bad? Why?
Part 2) What does the author have to say about this? What does this reveal about Buddhism?
Part 3) Do you agree with the author in regards to proving suffering on earth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Buddha said we feed our happiness or suffering with four nutriments.
Part 1) What are the four nutriments? Are these good? Why or why not?
Part 2) What is the importance of these nutriments? What nutriments do you feed in your own life?
Part 3) How could you feed your happiness in your own life that would follow the principles of Buddhism?
This section contains 1,322 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)