|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right livelihood is what?
2. Happiness and beauty lie where?
3. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
4. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
5. When we recognize suffering and look deeply into it, we are practicing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
2. Describe the Twelve Links.
3. What are the three Dharma seals?
4. Describe two more Aggregates.
5. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
6. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
7. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
8. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
9. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
10. What is the Sixth Power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are Three Doors of Liberation.
Part 1) What are these Three Doors of Liberation? How are they opened by the Dharma Seals?
Part 2) How do these Doors compare to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 3) Are these required to be truly liberated and joyful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Buddha taught the transformation of suffering and the use of suffering to liberate ourselves.
Part 1) What is suffering? What did Buddha believe causes suffering?
Part 2) How can suffering transform? How can one be liberated by suffering?
Part 3) What must be believed for one to be liberated by suffering? Do you agree with Buddha's teachings? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are Four Noble Truths.
Part 1) What are these Four Noble Truths? What is the connection between these Truths and the twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma and the Eightfold Path?
Part 2) How do these Truths help one understand and identify suffering? How can this improve one's life?
Part 3) How can the world benefit from these Four Noble Truths?
This section contains 1,349 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)