|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a paramita?
2. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
3. Right livelihood is what?
4. Finding a way to earn a living that does not conflict with love and compassion can do what?
5. Why is life span an illusion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
2. Describe two of these seven factors.
3. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
4. For what does the author ask?
5. What are the three Dharma seals?
6. What is Dharmakaya?
7. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
8. Describe two more Aggregates.
9. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
10. Describe the Twelve Links.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are Three Dharma Seals of Buddha's teaching.
Part 1) What are these seals? how are they related to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 2) How are these three connected to one another? How do those seals promote peace and joy?
Part 3) Why are these Dharma seals required in Buddhism? Why are they so important?
Essay Topic 2
Buddha taught the Eightfold Path up until his death.
Part 1) What is the Eightfold Path? How can it be applied in your daily life?
Part 2) How is this Path connected to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 3) How might Buddha have created this Eightfold Path? How is this Path a progression of steps as in other aspects of Buddhism? I sthis practical for everyday life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
One's living is important.
Part 1) What type of living is important? Why is this important?
Part 2) How does this reinforce Buddha's teaching? How can this Right-living lead to peace and joy?
Part 3) How does one's living affect others? How does it affect the world?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)