|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Three Doors of Liberation, opened by the Three Dharma Seals?
2. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
3. What must we realize about everything?
4. Practicing _________________ transforms our habit energies and recognizes the sameness of everything and everyone.
5. What is the second, shila paramita?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
2. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
3. What are the three Dharma seals?
4. Describe a second paramita.
5. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
6. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
7. Describe the Twelve Links.
8. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
9. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
10. Describe two of these seven factors.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are Five Aggregates.
Part 1) What are the Five Aggregates? Do you agree that these Five Aggregates make up a human being? Why or why not?
Part 2) How are these Five Aggregates tied together? How do they help bind the other principles of Buddhism together?
Part 3) How might this knowledge of the self affect you? Why?
Essay Topic 2
There are miracles of mindfulness.
Part 1) What are these miracles of mindfulness? How is Right Mindfulness at the heart of Buddha's teachings?
Part 2) How might these be considered miracles? What is the connection between these miracles and suffering? How might these miracles lead one to paradise?
Part 3) How could these miracles of mindfulness change your life? How could they change your school? Your community?
Essay Topic 3
Hahn compares life to a wave.
Part 1) Describe this illustration. How does this support Buddhism?
Part 2) How does this illustration compare to your own beliefs about life?
Part 3) How might one's life change when viewing life as a wave? Why?
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)