|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first of the five mindfulness trainings is what?
2. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
3. Energy is the result of what?
4. What is the fifth power?
5. Holiness is within us when?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe two more Aggregates.
2. What is the Sixth Power?
3. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
4. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
5. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
6. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
7. Describe a second paramita.
8. Describe the Twelve Links.
9. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
10. How is nonself important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are Four Noble Truths.
Part 1) What are these Four Noble Truths? What is the connection between these Truths and the twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma and the Eightfold Path?
Part 2) How do these Truths help one understand and identify suffering? How can this improve one's life?
Part 3) How can the world benefit from these Four Noble Truths?
Essay Topic 2
There are three jewels of refuge in Buddhism.
Part 1) What are these three jewels of refuge? How do these help a believer?
Part 2) How do these compare to other religion's places of refuge?
Part 3) Are these three jewels of refuge equally important? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Buddha taught the transformation of suffering and the use of suffering to liberate ourselves.
Part 1) What is suffering? What did Buddha believe causes suffering?
Part 2) How can suffering transform? How can one be liberated by suffering?
Part 3) What must be believed for one to be liberated by suffering? Do you agree with Buddha's teachings? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)