|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. We can look deeply into the Five Aggregates, and remember the reality of what?
2. Our true home, and paradise, are where?
3. What is the second of the five mindfulness trainings?
4. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
5. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does the author ask?
2. How is nonself important?
3. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
4. What is Dharmakaya?
5. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
6. Describe two of these seven factors.
7. Describe a second paramita.
8. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
9. What are the three Dharma seals?
10. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One should be compassionate when listening and speaking.
Part 1) How is this related to the Miracles of Mindfulness? How can one listen and speak with compassion?
Part 2) How can this be soothing and healing for the speaker? How can this be soothing and healing for the listener?
Part 3) How can compassionate listening and speaking improve relationships? When have you experienced compassionate listening or speaking? How did it affect you?
Essay Topic 2
One's living is important.
Part 1) What type of living is important? Why is this important?
Part 2) How does this reinforce Buddha's teaching? How can this Right-living lead to peace and joy?
Part 3) How does one's living affect others? How does it affect the world?
Essay Topic 3
The twelve turning of the wheel of Dharma is practiced to understand the Four Noble Truths.
Part 1) What are the twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma? What are the Four Noble Truths?
Part 2) How do the turnings help one to understand the wheel of Dharma?
Part 3) What does this connection between the turnings of the wheel of Dharma and the Four Noble Truths reveal about other aspects of Buddhism and their connection with one another?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)