|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opposite of mindfulness?
2. "Bodhichitta" is what?
3. If we destroy living beings or the environment with what we eat, we are eating what?
4. Hanh feels we need to be mindful of what?
5. Right Action means to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to the path of Right Action?
2. What is used to understand the Four Noble Truths?
3. Describe the Twelve Links.
4. What are vitark and vichara? When are they no longer present?
5. What is the practice of the Five Mindfulness Trainings?
6. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
7. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
8. What are the three Dharma seals?
9. For what does the author ask?
10. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
Essay Topic 1
The twelve turning of the wheel of Dharma is practiced to understand the Four Noble Truths.
Part 1) What are the twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma? What are the Four Noble Truths?
Part 2) How do the turnings help one to understand the wheel of Dharma?
Part 3) What does this connection between the turnings of the wheel of Dharma and the Four Noble Truths reveal about other aspects of Buddhism and their connection with one another?
Essay Topic 2
There are Three Doors of Liberation.
Part 1) What are these Three Doors of Liberation? How are they opened by the Dharma Seals?
Part 2) How do these Doors compare to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 3) Are these required to be truly liberated and joyful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are Five Aggregates.
Part 1) What are the Five Aggregates? Do you agree that these Five Aggregates make up a human being? Why or why not?
Part 2) How are these Five Aggregates tied together? How do they help bind the other principles of Buddhism together?
Part 3) How might this knowledge of the self affect you? Why?
This section contains 2,200 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)