|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right Diligence or Effort involves what?
2. Writing is a "deep practice" and should be done knowing our words will do what?
3. Buddha said, "Where there is perception there is _________________."
4. We must practice what to understand the Four Noble Truths?
5. Can Right View be taught?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Right View?
2. How should one speak the truth?
3. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
4. What are the four nutriments? Describe these nutriments.
5. What is the Fourth Noble Truth?
6. What is the purpose of this section?
7. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
8. Describe the Twelve Links.
9. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
10. Describe two of these seven factors.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are Three Dharma Seals of Buddha's teaching.
Part 1) What are these seals? how are they related to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 2) How are these three connected to one another? How do those seals promote peace and joy?
Part 3) Why are these Dharma seals required in Buddhism? Why are they so important?
Essay Topic 2
The twelve turning of the wheel of Dharma is practiced to understand the Four Noble Truths.
Part 1) What are the twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma? What are the Four Noble Truths?
Part 2) How do the turnings help one to understand the wheel of Dharma?
Part 3) What does this connection between the turnings of the wheel of Dharma and the Four Noble Truths reveal about other aspects of Buddhism and their connection with one another?
Essay Topic 3
Some have tried to prove suffering on earth.
Part 1) How might people have tried to prove suffering on earth? is this good or bad? Why?
Part 2) What does the author have to say about this? What does this reveal about Buddhism?
Part 3) Do you agree with the author in regards to proving suffering on earth? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,249 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)