|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the initial thought and development of it, respectively?
2. Another reminder, "Hello, habit energy," reminds us to do what?
3. Buddha said, "Where there is perception there is _________________."
4. Our perceptions are affected by what?
5. What does seeing the cause of our suffering do to our suffering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Fourth Noble Truth?
2. Describe two more Aggregates.
3. What are two of the Miracles of Mindfulness? What is the importance of the first four Miracles of Mindfulness?
4. What is active concentration?
5. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
6. What does Buddha say about suffering and nirvana?
7. What is Dharmakaya?
8. What is suffering?
9. What is the practice of the Five Mindfulness Trainings?
10. What is a misunderstanding about suffering?
Essay Topic 1
Buddha taught the Eightfold Path up until his death.
Part 1) What is the Eightfold Path? How can it be applied in your daily life?
Part 2) How is this Path connected to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 3) How might Buddha have created this Eightfold Path? How is this Path a progression of steps as in other aspects of Buddhism? I sthis practical for everyday life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There are Three Dharma Seals of Buddha's teaching.
Part 1) What are these seals? how are they related to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 2) How are these three connected to one another? How do those seals promote peace and joy?
Part 3) Why are these Dharma seals required in Buddhism? Why are they so important?
Essay Topic 3
One's living is important.
Part 1) What type of living is important? Why is this important?
Part 2) How does this reinforce Buddha's teaching? How can this Right-living lead to peace and joy?
Part 3) How does one's living affect others? How does it affect the world?
This section contains 2,084 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)