|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When we appreciate what, we can find conditions for happiness that are already available?
2. Buddhism is a practice to help what?
3. Hanh explains that Buddha was a man who suffered, and that we can enter his heart now only because we ______________.
4. Buddha said, "Where there is perception there is _________________."
5. We are always giving our attention to something, and it often does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one speak the truth?
2. Describe the first stage of the Third Noble Truth and the second turning.
3. What are two of the Miracles of Mindfulness? What is the importance of the first four Miracles of Mindfulness?
4. What is Right Mindfulness?
5. How is conscious or mindful breathing important?
6. What is Right Diligence or Effort?
7. How important is deep, quiet listening, mindful breathing, and meditation?
8. What is the Fourth Mindfulness Training?
9. What is the Right View?
10. How can one find conditions for happiness that are already available?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are three jewels of refuge in Buddhism.
Part 1) What are these three jewels of refuge? How do these help a believer?
Part 2) How do these compare to other religion's places of refuge?
Part 3) Are these three jewels of refuge equally important? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Hahn feels we must be mindful of our well-being and happiness.
Part 1) What steps can be taken to be mindful or our well-being and happiness?
Part 2) What nourishes your joy? How? how can you enhance they joy and happiness in your life in accord with Buddha's teachings?
Part 3) How do the Noble Truths play a part in understanding and increasing your joy and happiness?
Essay Topic 3
There are miracles of mindfulness.
Part 1) What are these miracles of mindfulness? How is Right Mindfulness at the heart of Buddha's teachings?
Part 2) How might these be considered miracles? What is the connection between these miracles and suffering? How might these miracles lead one to paradise?
Part 3) How could these miracles of mindfulness change your life? How could they change your school? Your community?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)