Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right Speech is speaking how?
2. Many have embraced suffering for two thousand years as the primary principle of Buddhism, but Buddha taught us to recognize what and suffering?
3. The first four miracles of mindfulness belong to the first aspect of meditation known as __________.
4. Whatever we think will make us happy can often be what?
5. The fifth Mindfulness training is associated with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to the path of Right Action?
2. For what does the author ask?
3. What is Right Mindfulness?
4. What are vitark and vichara? When are they no longer present?
5. What is the Right View?
6. What does Buddha say about suffering and nirvana?
7. What is Right Diligence or Effort?
8. Describe the third turning of the wheel of Dharma.
9. Why does Siddhartha Gutama sit under a bodhi tree? What happens while he is sitting here?
10. What is the third turning?
Essay Topic 1
There are three jewels of refuge in Buddhism.
Part 1) What are these three jewels of refuge? How do these help a believer?
Part 2) How do these compare to other religion's places of refuge?
Part 3) Are these three jewels of refuge equally important? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There are Three Dharma Seals of Buddha's teaching.
Part 1) What are these seals? how are they related to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 2) How are these three connected to one another? How do those seals promote peace and joy?
Part 3) Why are these Dharma seals required in Buddhism? Why are they so important?
Essay Topic 3
There are miracles of mindfulness.
Part 1) What are these miracles of mindfulness? How is Right Mindfulness at the heart of Buddha's teachings?
Part 2) How might these be considered miracles? What is the connection between these miracles and suffering? How might these miracles lead one to paradise?
Part 3) How could these miracles of mindfulness change your life? How could they change your school? Your community?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)