Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right Speech is speaking how?
2. Many have embraced suffering for two thousand years as the primary principle of Buddhism, but Buddha taught us to recognize what and suffering?
3. The first four miracles of mindfulness belong to the first aspect of meditation known as __________.
4. Whatever we think will make us happy can often be what?
5. The fifth Mindfulness training is associated with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to the path of Right Action?
2. For what does the author ask?
3. What is Right Mindfulness?
4. What are vitark and vichara? When are they no longer present?
5. What is the Right View?
6. What does Buddha say about suffering and nirvana?
7. What is Right Diligence or Effort?
8. Describe the third turning of the wheel of Dharma.
9. Why does Siddhartha Gutama sit under a bodhi tree? What happens while he is sitting here?
10. What is the third turning?
Hahn feels we must be mindful of our well-being and happiness.
Part 1) What steps can be taken to be mindful or our well-being and happiness?
Part 2) What nourishes your joy? How? how can you enhance they joy and happiness in your life in accord with Buddha's teachings?
Part 3) How do the Noble Truths play a part in understanding and increasing your joy and happiness?
There are Four Noble Truths.
Part 1) What are these Four Noble Truths? What is the connection between these Truths and the twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma and the Eightfold Path?
Part 2) How do these Truths help one understand and identify suffering? How can this improve one's life?
Part 3) How can the world benefit from these Four Noble Truths?
There are Three Dharma Seals of Buddha's teaching.
Part 1) What are these seals? how are they related to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 2) How are these three connected to one another? How do those seals promote peace and joy?
Part 3) Why are these Dharma seals required in Buddhism? Why are they so important?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)