|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important aspect of Right Diligence?
2. What does the Fourth Mindfulness Training describe?
3. Buddha said, "Where there is perception there is _________________."
4. What is the opposite of mindfulness?
5. The Buddha said, "The moment you know how your suffering came to be, you are already _________________."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do we suffer?
2. What are two of the Miracles of Mindfulness? What is the importance of the first four Miracles of Mindfulness?
3. What does Buddha say about suffering and nirvana?
4. What is a misunderstanding about suffering?
5. What is the Fourth Mindfulness Training?
6. What is active concentration?
7. How should one speak the truth?
8. What is the Fourth Noble Truth?
9. What comprises Buddhism?
10. What is the Right View?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Buddha taught the transformation of suffering and the use of suffering to liberate ourselves.
Part 1) What is suffering? What did Buddha believe causes suffering?
Part 2) How can suffering transform? How can one be liberated by suffering?
Part 3) What must be believed for one to be liberated by suffering? Do you agree with Buddha's teachings? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The author gives advice on how to begin meditation.
Part 1) How should one begin meditation, according to the author? Why does he suggest this? How does this fit with Buddhist teachings?
Part 2) What else does the author say about meditation? How important is meditation? Why?
Part 3) Do you believe meditation is useful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Some have tried to prove suffering on earth.
Part 1) How might people have tried to prove suffering on earth? is this good or bad? Why?
Part 2) What does the author have to say about this? What does this reveal about Buddhism?
Part 3) Do you agree with the author in regards to proving suffering on earth? Why or why not?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)