Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right Speech is speaking how?
2. Many have embraced suffering for two thousand years as the primary principle of Buddhism, but Buddha taught us to recognize what and suffering?
3. The first four miracles of mindfulness belong to the first aspect of meditation known as __________.
4. Whatever we think will make us happy can often be what?
5. The fifth Mindfulness training is associated with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to the path of Right Action?
2. For what does the author ask?
3. What is Right Mindfulness?
4. What are vitark and vichara? When are they no longer present?
5. What is the Right View?
6. What does Buddha say about suffering and nirvana?
7. What is Right Diligence or Effort?
8. Describe the third turning of the wheel of Dharma.
9. Why does Siddhartha Gutama sit under a bodhi tree? What happens while he is sitting here?
10. What is the third turning?
Essay Topic 1
Some have tried to prove suffering on earth.
Part 1) How might people have tried to prove suffering on earth? is this good or bad? Why?
Part 2) What does the author have to say about this? What does this reveal about Buddhism?
Part 3) Do you agree with the author in regards to proving suffering on earth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
One's living is important.
Part 1) What type of living is important? Why is this important?
Part 2) How does this reinforce Buddha's teaching? How can this Right-living lead to peace and joy?
Part 3) How does one's living affect others? How does it affect the world?
Essay Topic 3
It is vital to keep our bodies, hearts, and minds open.
Part 1) Why is this important? How can one keep an open body, heart, and mind?
Part 2) Is it possible to change what one already believes? Why or why not?
Part 3) how does this belief compare to the beliefs of other religions? Is this good or bad? Why?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)