|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Smriti?
2. The Buddha said, "The moment you know how your suffering came to be, you are already _________________."
3. Another reminder, "Hello, habit energy," reminds us to do what?
4. Why does Hanh suggest the reader to write the words, "Are you sure?" where they can be seen, and "What am I doing?"
5. The first __________ of the nine levels of meditative concentration are called Dhyanas.
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to the path of Right Action?
2. What does Right Action mean?
3. For how long does Buddha teach the Eightfold Path?
4. What does Buddha say about suffering and nirvana?
5. What are the four nutriments? Describe these nutriments.
6. What is Right Diligence or Effort?
7. What did Siddhartha Gutama teach?
8. Describe the first two turnings of the wheel of Dharma.
9. How can one find conditions for happiness that are already available?
10. What is the Right View?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are Four Noble Truths.
Part 1) What are these Four Noble Truths? What is the connection between these Truths and the twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma and the Eightfold Path?
Part 2) How do these Truths help one understand and identify suffering? How can this improve one's life?
Part 3) How can the world benefit from these Four Noble Truths?
Essay Topic 2
There are miracles of mindfulness.
Part 1) What are these miracles of mindfulness? How is Right Mindfulness at the heart of Buddha's teachings?
Part 2) How might these be considered miracles? What is the connection between these miracles and suffering? How might these miracles lead one to paradise?
Part 3) How could these miracles of mindfulness change your life? How could they change your school? Your community?
Essay Topic 3
The twelve turning of the wheel of Dharma is practiced to understand the Four Noble Truths.
Part 1) What are the twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma? What are the Four Noble Truths?
Part 2) How do the turnings help one to understand the wheel of Dharma?
Part 3) What does this connection between the turnings of the wheel of Dharma and the Four Noble Truths reveal about other aspects of Buddhism and their connection with one another?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)