|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right Diligence or Effort involves what?
2. "_______________ is at the heart of Buddha's teachings."
3. While mindfully breathing, what does the author suggest be done?
4. The fifth Mindfulness training is associated with what?
5. What is the second Miracle of Mindfulness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hahn suggest we do about our habit energies?
2. What comprises Buddhism?
3. How should one speak the truth?
4. Describe the third turning of the wheel of Dharma.
5. What does the author say about the Discourse on the Four Establishments of Mindfulness?
6. What is the fifth Mindfulness training? What does Hanh say about alcohol in this section?
7. What leads to the path of Right Action?
8. Why does Siddhartha Gutama sit under a bodhi tree? What happens while he is sitting here?
9. What does Buddha say about suffering and nirvana?
10. What are two of the Miracles of Mindfulness? What is the importance of the first four Miracles of Mindfulness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Buddha said we feed our happiness or suffering with four nutriments.
Part 1) What are the four nutriments? Are these good? Why or why not?
Part 2) What is the importance of these nutriments? What nutriments do you feed in your own life?
Part 3) How could you feed your happiness in your own life that would follow the principles of Buddhism?
Essay Topic 2
There are Three Doors of Liberation.
Part 1) What are these Three Doors of Liberation? How are they opened by the Dharma Seals?
Part 2) How do these Doors compare to other aspects of Buddhism?
Part 3) Are these required to be truly liberated and joyful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are three jewels of refuge in Buddhism.
Part 1) What are these three jewels of refuge? How do these help a believer?
Part 2) How do these compare to other religion's places of refuge?
Part 3) Are these three jewels of refuge equally important? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)