|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Buddhism ask for blind faith?
(b) Yes, somewhat.
(c) Yes, absolutely.
(d) Yes, often.
2. What does nonself say?
(a) Nothing is connecte to anything else.
(b) No one is connected to anyone else.
(c) Things are not connected to beings.
(d) Everything is connected with everything else.
3. Practicing impermanence helps us do what?
(a) Forget the importance of those around us.
(b) Cherish what is around and inside us.
(c) Not care about those things around us.
(d) Ignore suffering.
4. The Five Faculties are powers that can help us do what?
(a) Generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise.
(b) Find paradise.
(c) Accept the present.
(d) Understand paradise.
5. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
(a) Awakening or enlightenment.
(c) The Wheel of Dharma.
(d) The Four Noble Truths.
Short Answer Questions
1. When people do not seem to love and understand us, what must we do?
2. The third condition requires what?
3. Hanh suggests meditating mindfully on what parts of the body?
4. Impermanence and nonself are _____________.
5. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
2. Describe the Twelve Links.
3. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
4. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
5. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
6. For what does the author ask?
7. What are the three Dharma seals?
8. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
9. Describe a second paramita.
10. What is Dharmakaya?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)