|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe professionals should do?
(a) Create work spaces that are simple.
(b) Allow others to believe what they want.
(c) Allow others to meditate many times throughout the day.
(d) Help us create institutions that will promote collective awakening.
2. We can look deeply into the Five Aggregates, and remember the reality of what?
(a) Joy and suffering.
(b) Birth and death.
(c) No-birth and no-death.
3. The Five Faculties are powers that can help us do what?
(a) Understand paradise.
(b) Accept the present.
(c) Generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise.
(d) Find paradise.
4. Energy is the result of what?
(a) Feeling meaning in our lives.
5. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
(a) In small groups.
(c) In categories.
(d) Within the others.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Mindfulness always arises in the context of a relationship with ______________________."
2. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
3. Incorrect perceptions are conditioned by the afflictions in us of what?
4. What is the third of the five mindfulness trainings?
5. The first of the five mindfulness trainings is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe two of these seven factors.
2. What is Dharmakaya?
3. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
4. What is the Sixth Power?
5. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
6. Describe a second paramita.
7. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
8. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
9. For what does the author ask?
10. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)