|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We can look deeply into the Five Aggregates, and remember the reality of what?
(a) Joy and suffering.
(c) Birth and death.
(d) No-birth and no-death.
2. What is vedana?
3. Energy is the result of what?
(b) Feeling meaning in our lives.
4. How can we apply the teachings?
(a) Through our words.
(b) Through our actions.
(c) Through our meditation.
(d) Through our thoughts.
5. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
(a) Deep thinking and deep meditation.
(b) Deep looking and deep touching.
(c) Deep meditation and deep passion.
(d) Deep thinking and deep action.
Short Answer Questions
1. We will see layers of causes and conditions, and can now stop ingesting the nutriments causing our suffering by practicing what as a guide?
2. What does nonself say?
3. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
4. The first of the five mindfulness trainings is what?
5. When people do not seem to love and understand us, what must we do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Twelve Links.
2. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
3. What are the three Dharma seals?
4. What is the Sixth Power?
5. Describe two of these seven factors.
6. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
7. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
8. For what does the author ask?
9. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
10. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)