|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like the relationship of a plant and the earth, when we take refuge in Buddha, ______________________.
(a) Buddha encourages us to take refuge in the self.
(b) Buddha takes pride in us.
(c) Buddha takes refuge in us.
(d) Buddha remembers us.
2. What is the second, shila paramita?
(a) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(b) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(c) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(d) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
3. Right livelihood is what?
4. The Five Faculties are powers that can help us do what?
(a) Understand paradise.
(b) Accept the present.
(c) Find paradise.
(d) Generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise.
5. What is the second of the Five Faculties?
(c) Insight or wisdom.
(d) Faith in something reliable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
2. Does Buddhism ask for blind faith?
3. Practicing impermanence helps us do what?
4. What does the author believe professionals should do?
5. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
2. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
3. What are the three Dharma seals?
4. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
5. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
6. Describe a second paramita.
7. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
8. What is Dharmakaya?
9. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
10. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)