|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Holiness is within us when?
(a) We live in harmony.
(b) We arrive at nirvana.
(c) We die.
(d) We are born.
2. Happiness and beauty lie where?
(a) In our bodies.
(b) In our hearts.
(c) In our minds.
(d) In our actions.
3. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
(a) Consistent and continuous practice.
(b) Someone or some thing.
(d) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
4. The Sarvastivada school defined how many conditions?
5. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
2. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
3. What is the first of the Five Faculties?
4. What does nonself say?
5. Energy is the result of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Twelve Links.
2. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
3. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
4. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
5. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
6. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
7. What is the Sixth Power?
8. Describe two of these seven factors.
9. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
10. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)