|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When we recognize suffering and look deeply into it, we are practicing what?
(a) Right Concentration, Right Contraction, Right Mindfulness, and Right Compassion.
(b) Right Diligence, Right Action, Right Thoughtfulness, and Right View.
(c) Right View, Right Thinking, Right Mindfulness and Right Concentration.
(d) Right Thinking, Right Thoughtfulness, Right Compassion, and Right Concentration.
2. What does nonself say?
(a) Things are not connected to beings.
(b) No one is connected to anyone else.
(c) Nothing is connecte to anything else.
(d) Everything is connected with everything else.
3. Awakening is always available to us and needs only what?
(b) Favorable conditions.
4. What is the fifth power?
(b) Faith in something reliable.
(c) Insight or wisdom.
5. What is the second of the Five Faculties?
(c) Faith in something reliable.
(d) Insight or wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of the Five Faculties?
2. Does impermanence cause suffering?
3. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
4. What does form include?
5. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
2. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
3. Describe the Twelve Links.
4. Describe two more Aggregates.
5. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
6. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
7. What are the three Dharma seals?
8. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
9. Describe a second paramita.
10. Describe two of these seven factors.
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)