|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When we recognize suffering and look deeply into it, we are practicing what?
(a) Right View, Right Thinking, Right Mindfulness and Right Concentration.
(b) Right Thinking, Right Thoughtfulness, Right Compassion, and Right Concentration.
(c) Right Diligence, Right Action, Right Thoughtfulness, and Right View.
(d) Right Concentration, Right Contraction, Right Mindfulness, and Right Compassion.
2. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
(a) Awakening or enlightenment.
(c) The Wheel of Dharma.
(d) The Four Noble Truths.
3. What does the author believe professionals should do?
(a) Allow others to believe what they want.
(b) Create work spaces that are simple.
(c) Help us create institutions that will promote collective awakening.
(d) Allow others to meditate many times throughout the day.
4. We will see layers of causes and conditions, and can now stop ingesting the nutriments causing our suffering by practicing what as a guide?
(a) Right Speech, Right Action and Right Livelihood, with Mindfulness Training.
(b) Right View, Right Thinking, Right Speech, and Right Livelihood.
(c) Right Livelihood, Mindfulness, Right Thinking, and Right View.
(d) Right Concentration, Right View, Right Livelihood and Right Action.
5. What does form include?
(a) Our emotions.
(b) Our body.
(c) Our five senses.
(d) Our body and five sense organs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Incorrect perceptions are conditioned by the afflictions in us of what?
2. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
3. Practicing impermanence helps us do what?
4. Composing or performing art can be what?
5. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dharmakaya?
2. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
3. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
4. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
5. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
6. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
7. For what does the author ask?
8. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
9. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
10. Describe the Twelve Links.
This section contains 1,400 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)