|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Right livelihood is what?
2. What does form include?
(a) Our emotions.
(b) Our five senses.
(c) Our body and five sense organs.
(d) Our body.
3. Energy is the result of what?
(d) Feeling meaning in our lives.
4. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
5. Looking beyond signs means what?
(a) Looking to Buddha for advice.
(b) Not looking toward fate.
(c) Losing fear of losing specific manifestations.
(d) Making one's own decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Like the relationship of a plant and the earth, when we take refuge in Buddha, ______________________.
2. We will see layers of causes and conditions, and can now stop ingesting the nutriments causing our suffering by practicing what as a guide?
3. How can we apply the teachings?
4. When we recognize suffering and look deeply into it, we are practicing what?
5. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
2. What is the Sixth Power?
3. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
4. How is nonself important?
5. For what does the author ask?
6. What is Dharmakaya?
7. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
8. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
9. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
10. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)