|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of the five mindfulness trainings?
(a) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(b) Prevent exploitation by humans of nature and others, and generosity.
(c) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(d) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
2. When people do not seem to love and understand us, what must we do?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Be patient.
(c) Be more loving and understanding.
(d) Forget them.
3. The Five Faculties are powers that can help us do what?
(a) Generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise.
(b) Find paradise.
(c) Understand paradise.
(d) Accept the present.
4. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
(a) In small groups.
(b) Within the others.
(d) In categories.
5. Looking beyond signs means what?
(a) Looking to Buddha for advice.
(b) Not looking toward fate.
(c) Losing fear of losing specific manifestations.
(d) Making one's own decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. When we recognize suffering and look deeply into it, we are practicing what?
2. What is signlessness?
3. What does the author believe professionals should do?
4. What is a paramita?
5. Does Buddhism ask for blind faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
2. Describe the Twelve Links.
3. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
4. What is the Sixth Power?
5. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
6. Describe two more Aggregates.
7. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
8. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
9. How is nonself important?
10. Describe a second paramita.
This section contains 1,292 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)