|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
(a) Our peace.
(b) Our possibilities.
(c) Our joy.
(d) Our boundaries.
2. Finding a way to earn a living that does not conflict with love and compassion can do what?
(a) Either bring joy or suffering.
(b) Bring peace and quiet.
(c) Bring joy and peace.
(d) Either bring pain or fear.
3. What are the Three Doors of Liberation, opened by the Three Dharma Seals?
(a) Peace, quiet, and calm.
(b) Emptiness, signlessness and aimlessness.
(c) Love, joy, and happiness.
(d) Fear, suffering, and hate.
4. What is the first of the Five Faculties?
(c) Faith in something reliable.
(d) Insight or wisdom.
5. The Sarvastivada school defined how many conditions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three jewels of refuge in Buddhism?
2. Does impermanence cause suffering?
3. What does nonself say?
4. The third condition requires what?
5. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
2. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
3. What is the Sixth Power?
4. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
5. What are the three Dharma seals?
6. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
7. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
8. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
9. Describe two more Aggregates.
10. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
This section contains 1,448 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)