|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Dharma is compassion, understanding and love, to realize it we need a _____________, or community and elements which support our practice.
2. What is the first of the Five Faculties?
(a) Insight or wisdom.
(d) Faith in something reliable.
3. The Sarvastivada school's first condition requires what?
(a) Someone or some thing.
(b) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(d) Consistent and continuous practice.
4. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
(a) Our possibilities.
(b) Our peace.
(c) Our boundaries.
(d) Our joy.
5. Energy is the result of what?
(d) Feeling meaning in our lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nirvana is what?
2. What are the three jewels of refuge in Buddhism?
3. Practicing _________________ transforms our habit energies and recognizes the sameness of everything and everyone.
4. Practicing impermanence helps us do what?
5. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dharmakaya?
2. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
3. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
4. What is the Sixth Power?
5. What are the three Dharma seals?
6. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
7. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
8. Describe a second paramita.
9. Describe two more Aggregates.
10. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)