|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first of the five mindfulness trainings is what?
(a) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(b) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(c) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(d) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
2. What must we realize about everything?
(a) It has a separate self.
(b) It is part of the self.
(c) It is empty of a separate self.
(d) It is often a part of the self.
3. The Five Faculties are powers that can help us do what?
(a) Generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise.
(b) Understand paradise.
(c) Find paradise.
(d) Accept the present.
4. Practicing impermanence helps us do what?
(a) Ignore suffering.
(b) Cherish what is around and inside us.
(c) Not care about those things around us.
(d) Forget the importance of those around us.
5. What is the second of the five mindfulness trainings?
(a) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(b) Prevent exploitation by humans of nature and others, and generosity.
(c) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(d) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Happiness and beauty lie where?
2. While Dharma is compassion, understanding and love, to realize it we need a _____________, or community and elements which support our practice.
3. What is the second of the Five Faculties?
4. The Sarvastivada school's first condition requires what?
5. Finding a way to earn a living that does not conflict with love and compassion can do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is nonself important?
2. For what does the author ask?
3. Describe two more Aggregates.
4. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
5. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
6. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
7. Describe two of these seven factors.
8. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
9. Describe a second paramita.
10. What is a paramita? Describe one of the paramitas.
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)