|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Mindfulness always arises in the context of a relationship with ______________________."
(a) Other people.
(d) Ourselves, other people or things.
2. The Sarvastivada school defined how many conditions?
3. We can look deeply into the Five Aggregates, and remember the reality of what?
(b) No-birth and no-death.
(c) Joy and suffering.
(d) Birth and death.
4. Practicing impermanence helps us do what?
(a) Forget the importance of those around us.
(b) Ignore suffering.
(c) Cherish what is around and inside us.
(d) Not care about those things around us.
5. "All suffering is born from ________________."
(a) Wrong perceptions.
(b) Our parents.
(d) Original sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Incorrect perceptions are conditioned by the afflictions in us of what?
2. What is the second of the five mindfulness trainings?
3. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
4. What is the second, shila paramita?
5. The first of six paramitas, dana paramita, is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
2. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
3. How is nonself important?
4. For what does the author ask?
5. What are the three Dharma seals?
6. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
7. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
8. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
9. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
10. What is the Sixth Power?
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)