|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
2. When we recognize suffering and look deeply into it, we are practicing what?
(a) Right View, Right Thinking, Right Mindfulness and Right Concentration.
(b) Right Thinking, Right Thoughtfulness, Right Compassion, and Right Concentration.
(c) Right Concentration, Right Contraction, Right Mindfulness, and Right Compassion.
(d) Right Diligence, Right Action, Right Thoughtfulness, and Right View.
3. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
(a) The Four Noble Truths.
(b) The Wheel of Dharma.
(d) Awakening or enlightenment.
4. The first of the five mindfulness trainings is what?
(a) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(b) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(c) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(d) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
5. What does form include?
(a) Our body and five sense organs.
(b) Our body.
(c) Our emotions.
(d) Our five senses.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Five Faculties are powers that can help us do what?
2. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
3. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
4. What are the Three Doors of Liberation, opened by the Three Dharma Seals?
5. The Sarvastivada school defined how many conditions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
2. What are the three Dharma seals?
3. For what does the author ask?
4. Describe the Twelve Links.
5. Describe two more Aggregates.
6. How is nonself important?
7. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
8. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
9. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
10. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)