|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must we realize about everything?
(a) It is empty of a separate self.
(b) It has a separate self.
(c) It is part of the self.
(d) It is often a part of the self.
2. The first of the five mindfulness trainings is what?
(a) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(b) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(c) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(d) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
3. The Five Faculties are powers that can help us do what?
(a) Find paradise.
(b) Accept the present.
(c) Understand paradise.
(d) Generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise.
4. Relying on the Buddha within are we, ourselves, the Buddha?
5. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
2. What is the second of the five mindfulness trainings?
3. Energy is the result of what?
4. What are the Three Doors of Liberation, opened by the Three Dharma Seals?
5. Does Buddhism ask for blind faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Twelve Links.
2. What is said about love and happiness in this chapter?
3. What is Dharmakaya?
4. Describe two more Aggregates.
5. For what does the author ask?
6. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
7. What are the three Dharma seals?
8. How is Buddha important as one of the three jewels of refuge?
9. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
10. How is nonself important?
This section contains 1,390 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)