|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Holiness is within us when?
(a) We arrive at nirvana.
(b) We die.
(c) We are born.
(d) We live in harmony.
2. Happiness and beauty lie where?
(a) In our minds.
(b) In our hearts.
(c) In our bodies.
(d) In our actions.
3. Does Buddhism ask for blind faith?
(a) Yes, often.
(c) Yes, somewhat.
(d) Yes, absolutely.
4. What is a paramita?
(a) Perfection or perfect realization.
(b) A parasite.
(c) An imperfect being.
(d) A fear.
5. What are the three jewels of refuge in Buddhism?
(a) The Buddha, the Truths, and the Seals.
(b) The Truths, Seals, and Sangha.
(c) The Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.
(d) The Dharma, Sangha, and Seals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right livelihood is what?
2. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
3. What is the second, shila paramita?
4. How can we apply the teachings?
5. The second is the condition for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe to of the Five Aggregates.
2. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
3. Describe two more Aggregates.
4. For what does the author ask?
5. What is Dharmakaya?
6. How is nonself important?
7. What are the three Dharma seals?
8. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
9. What is paradise? What helps generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise?
10. Describe two of these seven factors.
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)