|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Mindfulness always arises in the context of a relationship with ______________________."
(b) Other people.
(d) Ourselves, other people or things.
2. Like the relationship of a plant and the earth, when we take refuge in Buddha, ______________________.
(a) Buddha takes refuge in us.
(b) Buddha remembers us.
(c) Buddha takes pride in us.
(d) Buddha encourages us to take refuge in the self.
3. What is the fifth power?
(a) Faith in something reliable.
(b) Insight or wisdom.
4. When people do not seem to love and understand us, what must we do?
(a) Be more loving and understanding.
(b) Be patient.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Forget them.
5. Holiness is within us when?
(a) We are born.
(b) We live in harmony.
(c) We die.
(d) We arrive at nirvana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finding a way to earn a living that does not conflict with love and compassion can do what?
2. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
3. We will see layers of causes and conditions, and can now stop ingesting the nutriments causing our suffering by practicing what as a guide?
4. Incorrect perceptions are conditioned by the afflictions in us of what?
5. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does the author ask?
2. What are the seven factors of awakening or enlightenment?
3. Describe a second paramita.
4. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
5. How is nonself important?
6. What is the Sixth Power?
7. What are the Three Doors of Liberation?
8. How should one go about finding a way to earn a living?
9. What are the three Dharma seals?
10. What is the relationship between Buddha's teachings?
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)