|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mindful breathing helps us find what?
(a) Peace and solidity.
2. Right Action means to do what?
(a) Everything connected with the body.
(b) The behavior of Buddhists.
(c) The ways that everyone should act.
(d) Everything connected with the body nonviolently and in mindfulness.
3. What example of being present and mindful does the author use, which gives the work merit?
(a) Feeding animals.
(b) Volunteering our time.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Taking care of a family.
4. What is the goal of right Concentration?
(a) A quiet mind.
(b) A one-pointed mind.
(c) A rounded mind.
(d) A many-pointed mind.
5. We can learn calming by recognition, acceptance, ________________, looking deeply and insight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second Miracle of Mindfulness?
2. Non-thinking allows us to enter reality __________.
3. In the second turning we encourage ourselves to do what?
4. After experiencing perfect awakening, the Buddha had to do what?
5. What must we not do to the words of Buddha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the third turning?
2. How should one speak the truth?
3. For how long does Buddha teach the Eightfold Path?
4. What does Buddha think of perception?
5. How can one find conditions for happiness that are already available?
6. What comes with right diligence and mindfulness training?
7. What is Right Mindfulness?
8. What does Hahn suggest we do about our habit energies?
9. What is the fifth Mindfulness training? What does Hanh say about alcohol in this section?
10. What is selective concentration?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)