|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Discourse on the Four Establishments of Mindfulness notes how many objects for mindfulness practice?
2. What is the fourth practice of Right Diligence?
(a) Watering and keeping wholesome mental formations.
(b) Sexual responsibility.
(c) Earning a living in non-destructive ways.
(d) Ingesting healthy foods.
3. Hanh suggests what to remind us to use right speech on the telephone?
(a) A gatha.
(b) A poem.
(c) A phrase.
(d) A dance.
4. Is concentration to ignore suffering?
5. What does the author believe is perhaps responsible for much of our pain?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first four miracles of mindfulness belong to the first aspect of meditation known as __________.
2. When we appreciate what, we can find conditions for happiness that are already available?
3. Which turning of the Fourth Noble Truth is the recognition that we are practicing to transform our difficulties and ceasing to ingest pain-causing nutriments?
4. _____________ come with right diligence and mindfulness training.
5. Transforming by changing our behavior and practicing can bring suffering to an end and increase what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comes with right diligence and mindfulness training?
2. What comprises Buddhism?
3. What is Right Diligence or Effort?
4. What is the third turning?
5. Why does Siddhartha Gutama sit under a bodhi tree? What happens while he is sitting here?
6. What is used to understand the Four Noble Truths?
7. How important is deep, quiet listening, mindful breathing, and meditation?
8. What are two of the Miracles of Mindfulness? What is the importance of the first four Miracles of Mindfulness?
9. How is conscious or mindful breathing important?
10. What does Buddha think of perception?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)