|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buddha claimed to have gone to the end of the path of suffering and gained what?
2. Mindful breathing helps us find what?
(b) Peace and solidity.
3. "_______________ is at the heart of Buddha's teachings."
(a) Right Diligence.
(b) Right Action.
(c) Right Concentration.
(d) Right Mindfulness.
4. What does seeing the cause of our suffering do to our suffering?
(a) Encourages it.
(b) Strengthens it.
(c) Ends it.
(d) Eases it.
5. Right Speech is speaking how?
(a) Quietly and infrequently.
(b) Truthfully, no matter how painful it may be.
(c) Truthfully, not with a forked tongue, not cruelly or slanderously and not exaggeration.
(d) Compassionately, in a way not to hurt others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second turning?
2. What is an example of a seed of unwholesome quality?
3. Conscious breathing is an important link between what?
4. _____________ come with right diligence and mindfulness training.
5. Non-thinking allows us to enter reality __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the practice of the Five Mindfulness Trainings?
2. Describe the third turning of the wheel of Dharma.
3. For how long does Buddha teach the Eightfold Path?
4. Describe the first two turnings of the wheel of Dharma.
5. What comes with right diligence and mindfulness training?
6. What are vitark and vichara? When are they no longer present?
7. What are the four nutriments? Describe these nutriments.
8. How can one find conditions for happiness that are already available?
9. What did Siddhartha Gutama teach?
10. What is the Right View?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)