|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hanh explains that Buddha was a man who suffered, and that we can enter his heart now only because we ______________.
(a) Do not suffer.
(c) Have joy.
(d) Are happy.
2. Right thinking leads to what?
(a) Right livelihood.
(b) Right action.
(c) Right concentration.
(d) Right view.
3. How must one use suffering?
(a) For growth.
(b) For torture.
(c) For fear.
(d) For sadness.
4. Buddhism is a practice to help what?
(a) Believers get to heaven.
(b) Eliminate wrong view.
(c) End suffering.
(d) Make people happy.
5. Buddha taught the Eightfold Path until when?
(a) He became ill.
(b) He was sixty.
(c) His death.
(d) He changed his teaching methods.
Short Answer Questions
1. We can learn calming by recognition, acceptance, ________________, looking deeply and insight.
2. Can Right View be taught?
3. Hanh suggests reframing the four Noble Truths, replacing "cessation" with what?
4. Looking deeply in meditation is important, but what else is fundamental?
5. What is the Seventh Miracle of Mindfulness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the third turning?
2. What comprises Buddhism?
3. What is the Fourth Noble Truth?
4. What does Right Action mean?
5. What is suffering?
6. What is a misunderstanding about suffering?
7. What comes with right diligence and mindfulness training?
8. Describe the first two turnings of the wheel of Dharma.
9. Describe the first stage of the Third Noble Truth and the second turning.
10. Describe the third turning of the wheel of Dharma.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)