|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Fourth Noble Truth is recognizing that the Eightfold Path of Right View, Thinking, Speech, Action, Livelihood, Diligence, Mindfulness and Concentration can do what?
(a) Lead us astray.
(b) Lead us to confusion.
(c) Lead us out of suffering.
(d) Guide us down the wrong path.
2. The Discourse on the Four Establishments of Mindfulness notes how many objects for mindfulness practice?
3. In the first stage of the Third Noble Truth, of what are we not aware?
(a) Freedom and happiness.
4. Right thinking is known as what?
(a) The rights of our mind.
(b) The thoughts in our mind.
(c) Our innate beliefs.
(d) The speech of our mind.
5. If we destroy living beings or the environment with what we eat, we are eating what?
(b) The flesh of our children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Should suffering be placed at the same level as impermanence and non-self?
2. What does the wheel of Dharma teach?
3. Many have embraced suffering for two thousand years as the primary principle of Buddhism, but Buddha taught us to recognize what and suffering?
4. Our perceptions are affected by what?
5. Hanh feels we need to be mindful of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the third turning?
2. What comprises Buddhism?
3. What does Right Action mean?
4. Describe the third turning of the wheel of Dharma.
5. Describe the first two turnings of the wheel of Dharma.
6. What are vitark and vichara? When are they no longer present?
7. What is important about being in the present moment?
8. What is Right Diligence or Effort?
9. How important is deep, quiet listening, mindful breathing, and meditation?
10. What is the Fourth Mindfulness Training?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)