|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We need only to understand what about the other person?
(a) He or she is also compassionate.
(b) He or she is like us.
(c) He or she is human.
(d) He or she has suffered for compassion to be born.
2. What does it mean to look deeply?
3. What is the fourth nutriment?
(a) Real food.
(c) Right Speaking.
4. Hanh suggests what to remind us to use right speech on the telephone?
(a) A phrase.
(b) A poem.
(c) A gatha.
(d) A dance.
5. Our perceptions are affected by what?
(a) How we have been raised.
(b) Everything subjective in our lives, positive and negative.
(c) Our ignorance.
(d) Our own thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right speech is based on what?
2. What does Hanh suggest doing to our habit energies?
3. The therapy of one hour of deep, quiet listening can bring relief to suffering, and is what who try to practice?
4. In the first stage of the Third Noble Truth, of what are we not aware?
5. What is the second Miracle of Mindfulness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a misunderstanding about suffering?
2. How important is deep, quiet listening, mindful breathing, and meditation?
3. What is the fifth Mindfulness training? What does Hanh say about alcohol in this section?
4. Describe two more Aggregates.
5. What is Right Diligence or Effort?
6. Describe the first two turnings of the wheel of Dharma.
7. What is Right Mindfulness?
8. What is active concentration?
9. What leads to the path of Right Action?
10. What did Siddhartha Gutama teach?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)