|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many have embraced suffering for two thousand years as the primary principle of Buddhism, but Buddha taught us to recognize what and suffering?
2. Hanh suggests what to remind us to use right speech on the telephone?
(a) A phrase.
(b) A gatha.
(c) A dance.
(d) A poem.
3. Buddha taught of _______________, where our ideas and concepts are extinguished.
4. We need to do what to become free of perceptions and be able to see things as they are?
(a) Forget about our own perceptions.
(b) Ignore perceptions.
(c) Know the source of our perceptions and see them deeply.
(d) Accept our perceptions as true.
5. If we destroy living beings or the environment with what we eat, we are eating what?
(a) The flesh of our children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buddha taught the Eightfold Path until when?
2. While mindfully breathing, what does the author suggest be done?
3. What does the Fourth Mindfulness Training describe?
4. Transforming by changing our behavior and practicing can bring suffering to an end and increase what?
5. Are rightness and wrongness subjective?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Right View?
2. What comprises Buddhism?
3. What comes with right diligence and mindfulness training?
4. What is used to understand the Four Noble Truths?
5. What is the fifth Mindfulness training? What does Hanh say about alcohol in this section?
6. What is active concentration?
7. What does Hahn suggest we do about our habit energies?
8. What are two of the Miracles of Mindfulness? What is the importance of the first four Miracles of Mindfulness?
9. What leads to the path of Right Action?
10. What is a misunderstanding about suffering?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)