|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Should suffering be placed at the same level as impermanence and non-self?
2. With what does the Discourse on Turning the Wheel of the Dharma have to do?
(a) Randomly choosing the path one should take.
(b) Slowly help one to understand suffering.
(c) Recognizing suffering and transforming it into "mindfulness, compassion, peace and liberation."
(d) It compares the Wheel of Dharma to the Wheel of Fortune.
3. Speaking each person's individual language, like Bodhisattva, or writing a letter using Right speech, can do what?
(a) Benefit sender and receiver.
(b) Benefit the sender.
(c) Benefit the receiver.
(d) Benefit no one.
4. The first practice,______________________, is a deep understanding of the four Noble Truths of suffering, the making of it, the fact that it can be transformed, and its transformation.
(a) The Right Action.
(b) The Right Thinking.
(c) The Right Path.
(d) The Right View.
5. Our perceptions are affected by what?
(a) How we have been raised.
(b) Everything subjective in our lives, positive and negative.
(c) Our own thoughts.
(d) Our ignorance.
Short Answer Questions
1. "_______________ is at the heart of Buddha's teachings."
2. Buddha claimed to have gone to the end of the path of suffering and gained what?
3. The Buddha said, "My teaching is like a finger pointing to the moon. Do not mistake _______ ."
4. Which turning of the Fourth Noble Truth is the recognition that we are practicing to transform our difficulties and ceasing to ingest pain-causing nutriments?
5. Right thinking leads to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two of the Miracles of Mindfulness? What is the importance of the first four Miracles of Mindfulness?
2. What does Right Action mean?
3. How is conscious or mindful breathing important?
4. For how long does Buddha teach the Eightfold Path?
5. What does Hahn suggest we do about our habit energies?
6. What is the Right View?
7. Describe the third turning of the wheel of Dharma.
8. What comes with right diligence and mindfulness training?
9. What is important about being in the present moment?
10. Why does Siddhartha Gutama sit under a bodhi tree? What happens while he is sitting here?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)