|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We are always giving our attention to something, and it often does what?
(a) Takes us from the moment.
(b) Keeps us in the moment.
(c) Encourages us to be in the moment.
(d) Helps us forget the moment.
2. "_______________ is at the heart of Buddha's teachings."
(a) Right Mindfulness.
(b) Right Diligence.
(c) Right Concentration.
(d) Right Action.
3. It is vital to keep our bodies, hearts and minds open to truth rather than what?
(a) Comparing the teachings to what we already believe.
(d) Ignoring the truth.
4. After experiencing perfect awakening, the Buddha had to do what?
(a) Write down his thoughts.
(b) Find others to talk to.
(c) Find ways to express it in words.
(d) Go to sleep.
5. In the first stage of the Third Noble Truth, of what are we not aware?
(d) Freedom and happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third turning?
2. Many have embraced suffering for two thousand years as the primary principle of Buddhism, but Buddha taught us to recognize what and suffering?
3. What is the goal of right Concentration?
4. Mindful breathing helps us find what?
5. What is the second Miracle of Mindfulness?
Short Essay Questions
1. For how long does Buddha teach the Eightfold Path?
2. What is used to understand the Four Noble Truths?
3. Describe the third turning of the wheel of Dharma.
4. What does Buddha think of perception?
5. What is the importance of Dharma and Sangha?
6. How can one avoid unwholesome thoughts? How can one touch the seeds of joy and peace and transform our suffering?
7. What comes with right diligence and mindfulness training?
8. Describe two of these seven factors.
9. What is the third turning?
10. What are the four nutriments? Describe these nutriments.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)