|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Bodhichitta" is what?
(a) Our mind of love that motivates mindful living.
(b) A follower of Buddha.
(c) A place to meditate.
(d) A Buddhist monk.
2. Buddha claimed to have gone to the end of the path of suffering and gained what?
3. What does seeing the cause of our suffering do to our suffering?
(a) Strengthens it.
(b) Eases it.
(c) Encourages it.
(d) Ends it.
4. It is said that if you try to explain every word of the sutras, what happens?
(a) Others will become confused.
(b) You will die.
(c) You embarrass Buddha and yourself.
(d) You slander Buddha in past, present and future.
5. The third Mindfulness training is about what?
(a) Community responsibility.
(b) Ingesting healthy foods.
(c) Sexual responsibility.
(d) Parental responsibilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Seventh Miracle of Mindfulness?
2. "_______________ is at the heart of Buddha's teachings."
3. What is Smriti?
4. The first practice,______________________, is a deep understanding of the four Noble Truths of suffering, the making of it, the fact that it can be transformed, and its transformation.
5. Right Diligence or Effort involves what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first two turnings of the wheel of Dharma.
2. Why do we suffer?
3. How is conscious or mindful breathing important?
4. What is the Fourth Noble Truth?
5. What are two of the Miracles of Mindfulness? What is the importance of the first four Miracles of Mindfulness?
6. What is Right Mindfulness?
7. What is active concentration?
8. Describe the first stage of the Third Noble Truth and the second turning.
9. What is Right Diligence or Effort?
10. What is the Fourth Mindfulness Training?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)