|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first stage of the Third Noble Truth, of what are we not aware?
(b) Freedom and happiness.
2. "Bodhichitta" is what?
(a) Our mind of love that motivates mindful living.
(b) A place to meditate.
(c) A follower of Buddha.
(d) A Buddhist monk.
3. Are any views the absolute truth?
(a) Yes, only a few.
(b) Yes, many.
(d) Yes, some.
4. Can Right View be taught?
5. What is the third turning?
Short Answer Questions
1. After experiencing perfect awakening, the Buddha had to do what?
2. The Fourth Noble Truth is recognizing that the Eightfold Path of Right View, Thinking, Speech, Action, Livelihood, Diligence, Mindfulness and Concentration can do what?
3. We are always giving our attention to something, and it often does what?
4. Non-thinking allows us to enter reality __________.
5. Transforming by changing our behavior and practicing can bring suffering to an end and increase what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first two turnings of the wheel of Dharma.
2. What does Buddha say about suffering and nirvana?
3. What is the Fourth Noble Truth?
4. What does Hahn suggest we do about our habit energies?
5. What is active concentration?
6. What is suffering?
7. Describe the first stage of the Third Noble Truth and the second turning.
8. What does the author say about the Discourse on the Four Establishments of Mindfulness?
9. What is the Right View?
10. How can one avoid unwholesome thoughts? How can one touch the seeds of joy and peace and transform our suffering?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)