|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When we appreciate what, we can find conditions for happiness that are already available?
(a) Our friends.
(b) Our homes.
(c) Our belongings.
(d) Our senses.
2. The third Mindfulness training is about what?
(a) Parental responsibilty.
(b) Ingesting healthy foods.
(c) Community responsibility.
(d) Sexual responsibility.
3. What is the third turning?
4. At what age could Buddha do what he wanted "without going against the path," or practice the "action of non-action," stage of realization that must take place from within?
(c) One hundred twenty.
(d) One hundred.
5. What is the second Miracle of Mindfulness?
(a) To make others present.
(b) To make a present.
(c) To understand the present.
(d) To be present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important aspect of Right Diligence?
2. What is an example of a seed of unwholesome quality?
3. To whom does the author suggest going and showing your pain?
4. How should we treat our suffering?
5. Buddha suggests we replace unwholesome thoughts how?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first two turnings of the wheel of Dharma.
2. Describe the third turning of the wheel of Dharma.
3. What does Buddha think of perception?
4. What is Right Mindfulness?
5. What is the Fourth Noble Truth?
6. What is the purpose of this section?
7. How can one avoid unwholesome thoughts? How can one touch the seeds of joy and peace and transform our suffering?
8. What is the fifth Mindfulness training? What does Hanh say about alcohol in this section?
9. What is the Right View?
10. Describe a second paramita.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)