|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We need only to understand what about the other person?
(a) He or she is like us.
(b) He or she is human.
(c) He or she is also compassionate.
(d) He or she has suffered for compassion to be born.
2. Hanh recommends a _____________ gatha to remind us to live fully each day, not wasting our day, and being mindful with love and compassion.
3. The Discourse on the Four Establishments of Mindfulness notes how many objects for mindfulness practice?
4. Are rightness and wrongness subjective?
5. Generosity, sharing, cultivating love and kindness, and living simply, taking no more than our share, is what?
(a) Right Diligence.
(b) Right Concentration.
(c) Right Action.
(d) Right Thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. We need to learn to speak only with what?
2. Our habit energies bring about what?
3. Is concentration to ignore suffering?
4. Hanh explains that Buddha was a man who suffered, and that we can enter his heart now only because we ______________.
5. What example of being present and mindful does the author use, which gives the work merit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buddha say about suffering and nirvana?
2. What is Right Mindfulness?
3. For how long does Buddha teach the Eightfold Path?
4. How is conscious or mindful breathing important?
5. What is the third turning?
6. Describe the first two turnings of the wheel of Dharma.
7. How should one speak the truth?
8. What is used to understand the Four Noble Truths?
9. Why does Siddhartha Gutama sit under a bodhi tree? What happens while he is sitting here?
10. What are two of the Miracles of Mindfulness? What is the importance of the first four Miracles of Mindfulness?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)