|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hanh suggests reframing the four Noble Truths, replacing "cessation" with what?
2. How should we treat our suffering?
(a) With love and kindness.
(b) With distractions.
(c) With patience.
(d) With hatred.
3. Transforming by changing our behavior and practicing can bring suffering to an end and increase what?
4. _____________ come with right diligence and mindfulness training.
(a) Love and compassion.
(b) Calm and quiet.
(c) Joy and ease.
(d) Peace and prosperity.
5. Mindful breathing helps us find what?
(a) Peace and solidity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Speaking each person's individual language, like Bodhisattva, or writing a letter using Right speech, can do what?
2. Hanh feels we need to be mindful of what?
3. Are rightness and wrongness subjective?
4. What do the Four Establishments of Mindfulness do?
5. What does it mean to look deeply?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Siddhartha Gutama sit under a bodhi tree? What happens while he is sitting here?
2. What is important about being in the present moment?
3. How can one find conditions for happiness that are already available?
4. What did Siddhartha Gutama teach?
5. What is the fifth Mindfulness training? What does Hanh say about alcohol in this section?
6. Describe two more Miracles of Mindfulness.
7. What does Hahn suggest we do about our habit energies?
8. Describe the first stage of the Third Noble Truth and the second turning.
9. What is active concentration?
10. What is the Fourth Mindfulness Training?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)