|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When people do not seem to love and understand us, what must we do?
(a) Forget them.
(b) Be more loving and understanding.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Be patient.
2. Impermanence and nonself are _____________.
(d) The same.
3. "Mindfulness always arises in the context of a relationship with ______________________."
(a) Other people.
(d) Ourselves, other people or things.
4. The Five Faculties are powers that can help us do what?
(a) Generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise.
(b) Find paradise.
(c) Understand paradise.
(d) Accept the present.
5. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
(b) The Four Noble Truths.
(c) The Twelve Links of Interdependent Co-Arising.
6. What is the first of the Five Faculties?
(a) Faith in something reliable.
(b) Insight or wisdom.
7. Finding a way to earn a living that does not conflict with love and compassion can do what?
(a) Either bring pain or fear.
(b) Bring peace and quiet.
(c) Bring joy and peace.
(d) Either bring joy or suffering.
8. Does Buddhism ask for blind faith?
(a) Yes, often.
(b) Yes, absolutely.
(c) Yes, somewhat.
9. The Sarvastivada school's first condition requires what?
(b) Someone or some thing.
(c) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(d) Consistent and continuous practice.
10. The Sarvastivada school defined how many conditions?
11. Why is life span an illusion?
(a) No one's life span is the same.
(b) No one knows his or her life span.
(c) We have never been born and we never die.
(d) A human life span is longer.
12. Right livelihood is what?
13. Awakening is always available to us and needs only what?
(b) Favorable conditions.
14. What is vedana?
15. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
(b) In small groups.
(c) Within the others.
(d) In categories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fifth power?
2. What is the second of the Five Faculties?
3. What is signlessness?
4. How can we apply the teachings?
5. When we recognize suffering and look deeply into it, we are practicing what?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)