|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Relying on the Buddha within are we, ourselves, the Buddha?
2. While Dharma is compassion, understanding and love, to realize it we need a _____________, or community and elements which support our practice.
3. Energy is the result of what?
(b) Feeling meaning in our lives.
4. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
(b) The Wheel of Dharma.
(c) Awakening or enlightenment.
(d) The Four Noble Truths.
5. What must we realize about everything?
(a) It has a separate self.
(b) It is part of the self.
(c) It is often a part of the self.
(d) It is empty of a separate self.
6. Impermanence and nonself are _____________.
(a) The same.
7. What is the fifth power?
(c) Insight or wisdom.
(d) Faith in something reliable.
8. "All suffering is born from ________________."
(a) Wrong perceptions.
(b) Original sin.
(d) Our parents.
9. What does form include?
(a) Our body.
(b) Our body and five sense organs.
(c) Our emotions.
(d) Our five senses.
10. When we recognize suffering and look deeply into it, we are practicing what?
(a) Right Diligence, Right Action, Right Thoughtfulness, and Right View.
(b) Right Concentration, Right Contraction, Right Mindfulness, and Right Compassion.
(c) Right View, Right Thinking, Right Mindfulness and Right Concentration.
(d) Right Thinking, Right Thoughtfulness, Right Compassion, and Right Concentration.
11. What does nonself say?
(a) No one is connected to anyone else.
(b) Things are not connected to beings.
(c) Nothing is connecte to anything else.
(d) Everything is connected with everything else.
12. Awakening is always available to us and needs only what?
(d) Favorable conditions.
13. What is the third of the five mindfulness trainings?
(a) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(b) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(c) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(d) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
14. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
(a) In categories.
(b) In small groups.
(c) Within the others.
15. What is the first of the Five Faculties?
(a) Faith in something reliable.
(b) Insight or wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
2. Incorrect perceptions are conditioned by the afflictions in us of what?
3. Why is life span an illusion?
4. What is the second of the Five Faculties?
5. Like the relationship of a plant and the earth, when we take refuge in Buddha, ______________________.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)