|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Buddhism ask for blind faith?
(a) Yes, somewhat.
(b) Yes, often.
(d) Yes, absolutely.
2. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
(a) Awakening or enlightenment.
(b) The Four Noble Truths.
(c) The Wheel of Dharma.
3. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
(a) Deep thinking and deep meditation.
(b) Deep thinking and deep action.
(c) Deep meditation and deep passion.
(d) Deep looking and deep touching.
4. What is vedana?
5. Emptiness must be _____________, not just as philosophy.
6. The Sarvastivada school's first condition requires what?
(b) Someone or some thing.
(c) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(d) Consistent and continuous practice.
7. Energy is the result of what?
(d) Feeling meaning in our lives.
8. What is the second, shila paramita?
(a) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(b) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(c) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(d) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
9. Finding a way to earn a living that does not conflict with love and compassion can do what?
(a) Bring joy and peace.
(b) Bring peace and quiet.
(c) Either bring joy or suffering.
(d) Either bring pain or fear.
10. Our true home, and paradise, are where?
(a) In heaven.
(b) In the present moment.
(c) In the past.
(d) In the future.
11. What are the Five Aggregates?
(a) Mental formations, feelings, form, space, and consciousness.
(b) Consciousness, feelings, form, time, and space.
(c) Form, space, time, shape, and feelings.
(d) Form, feelings, perceptions, mental formations and consciousness.
12. The second is the condition for what?
(a) Consistent and continuous practice.
(b) Someone or some thing.
(d) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
13. What does the author believe professionals should do?
(a) Allow others to meditate many times throughout the day.
(b) Create work spaces that are simple.
(c) Help us create institutions that will promote collective awakening.
(d) Allow others to believe what they want.
14. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
(a) Our possibilities.
(b) Our boundaries.
(c) Our joy.
(d) Our peace.
15. What is the second of the five mindfulness trainings?
(a) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(b) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(c) Prevent exploitation by humans of nature and others, and generosity.
(d) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right livelihood is what?
2. What is the fifth power?
3. What does form include?
4. The first of six paramitas, dana paramita, is what?
5. Composing or performing art can be what?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)