|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
(a) Awakening or enlightenment.
(b) The Wheel of Dharma.
(c) The Four Noble Truths.
2. "All suffering is born from ________________."
(b) Wrong perceptions.
(c) Our parents.
(d) Original sin.
3. Nirvana is what?
(a) The first step to paradise.
(b) The ground of interbeing.
4. What is vedana?
5. We will see layers of causes and conditions, and can now stop ingesting the nutriments causing our suffering by practicing what as a guide?
(a) Right View, Right Thinking, Right Speech, and Right Livelihood.
(b) Right Livelihood, Mindfulness, Right Thinking, and Right View.
(c) Right Concentration, Right View, Right Livelihood and Right Action.
(d) Right Speech, Right Action and Right Livelihood, with Mindfulness Training.
6. What does nonself say?
(a) Things are not connected to beings.
(b) Nothing is connecte to anything else.
(c) No one is connected to anyone else.
(d) Everything is connected with everything else.
7. What does the author believe professionals should do?
(a) Allow others to meditate many times throughout the day.
(b) Allow others to believe what they want.
(c) Help us create institutions that will promote collective awakening.
(d) Create work spaces that are simple.
8. What does form include?
(a) Our body and five sense organs.
(b) Our body.
(c) Our five senses.
(d) Our emotions.
9. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
(a) Deep thinking and deep action.
(b) Deep meditation and deep passion.
(c) Deep looking and deep touching.
(d) Deep thinking and deep meditation.
10. Awakening is always available to us and needs only what?
(d) Favorable conditions.
11. Like the relationship of a plant and the earth, when we take refuge in Buddha, ______________________.
(a) Buddha encourages us to take refuge in the self.
(b) Buddha remembers us.
(c) Buddha takes refuge in us.
(d) Buddha takes pride in us.
12. The first of the five mindfulness trainings is what?
(a) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(b) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(c) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(d) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
13. Why is life span an illusion?
(a) We have never been born and we never die.
(b) No one's life span is the same.
(c) A human life span is longer.
(d) No one knows his or her life span.
14. The Sarvastivada school's first condition requires what?
(a) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(b) Consistent and continuous practice.
(d) Someone or some thing.
15. What is the fifth power?
(c) Faith in something reliable.
(d) Insight or wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. When we recognize suffering and look deeply into it, we are practicing what?
2. Impermanence and nonself are _____________.
3. How can we apply the teachings?
4. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
5. Practicing impermanence helps us do what?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)