|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of the five mindfulness trainings?
(a) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(b) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(c) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(d) Prevent exploitation by humans of nature and others, and generosity.
2. What is vedana?
3. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
(b) The Twelve Links of Interdependent Co-Arising.
(c) The Four Noble Truths.
4. The Five Faculties are powers that can help us do what?
(a) Generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise.
(b) Accept the present.
(c) Understand paradise.
(d) Find paradise.
5. What is the first of the Five Faculties?
(b) Faith in something reliable.
(d) Insight or wisdom.
6. What are the Five Aggregates?
(a) Form, space, time, shape, and feelings.
(b) Mental formations, feelings, form, space, and consciousness.
(c) Form, feelings, perceptions, mental formations and consciousness.
(d) Consciousness, feelings, form, time, and space.
7. The first of six paramitas, dana paramita, is what?
(a) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(b) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(c) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(d) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
8. Why is life span an illusion?
(a) A human life span is longer.
(b) No one's life span is the same.
(c) No one knows his or her life span.
(d) We have never been born and we never die.
9. Hanh suggests meditating mindfully on what parts of the body?
(a) Each part.
(b) The outer parts.
(c) The organs.
(d) The inner parts.
10. The second is the condition for what?
(a) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(b) Consistent and continuous practice.
(d) Someone or some thing.
11. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
12. How can we apply the teachings?
(a) Through our meditation.
(b) Through our words.
(c) Through our thoughts.
(d) Through our actions.
13. Awakening is always available to us and needs only what?
(b) Favorable conditions.
14. What must we realize about everything?
(a) It has a separate self.
(b) It is empty of a separate self.
(c) It is often a part of the self.
(d) It is part of the self.
15. What does form include?
(a) Our body and five sense organs.
(b) Our emotions.
(c) Our five senses.
(d) Our body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
2. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
3. Incorrect perceptions are conditioned by the afflictions in us of what?
4. We will see layers of causes and conditions, and can now stop ingesting the nutriments causing our suffering by practicing what as a guide?
5. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)