|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of the five mindfulness trainings?
(a) Prevent exploitation by humans of nature and others, and generosity.
(b) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(c) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(d) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
2. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
(b) In small groups.
(c) Within the others.
(d) In categories.
3. Relying on the Buddha within are we, ourselves, the Buddha?
4. What is the second of the Five Faculties?
(c) Faith in something reliable.
(d) Insight or wisdom.
5. Composing or performing art can be what?
(a) Right thinking.
(b) Right action.
(c) Right concentration.
(d) Right livelihood.
6. What must we realize about everything?
(a) It is part of the self.
(b) It has a separate self.
(c) It is empty of a separate self.
(d) It is often a part of the self.
7. What are the Three Doors of Liberation, opened by the Three Dharma Seals?
(a) Fear, suffering, and hate.
(b) Peace, quiet, and calm.
(c) Emptiness, signlessness and aimlessness.
(d) Love, joy, and happiness.
8. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
(b) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(c) Someone or some thing.
(d) Consistent and continuous practice.
9. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
(a) Our joy.
(b) Our possibilities.
(c) Our peace.
(d) Our boundaries.
10. What is a paramita?
(a) A parasite.
(b) Perfection or perfect realization.
(c) An imperfect being.
(d) A fear.
11. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
(a) Deep meditation and deep passion.
(b) Deep looking and deep touching.
(c) Deep thinking and deep action.
(d) Deep thinking and deep meditation.
12. Awakening is always available to us and needs only what?
(a) Favorable conditions.
13. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
(b) Faith in something reliable.
(c) Insight or wisdom.
14. The Sarvastivada school defined how many conditions?
15. While Dharma is compassion, understanding and love, to realize it we need a _____________, or community and elements which support our practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hanh suggests meditating mindfully on what parts of the body?
2. Looking beyond signs means what?
3. The first of six paramitas, dana paramita, is what?
4. Our true home, and paradise, are where?
5. Practicing _________________ transforms our habit energies and recognizes the sameness of everything and everyone.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)