|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The third condition requires what?
(a) Consistent and continuous practice.
(b) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(c) Someone or some thing.
2. Looking beyond signs means what?
(a) Looking to Buddha for advice.
(b) Not looking toward fate.
(c) Losing fear of losing specific manifestations.
(d) Making one's own decisions.
3. The Five Faculties are powers that can help us do what?
(a) Find paradise.
(b) Accept the present.
(c) Generate the energy in ourselves to be in paradise.
(d) Understand paradise.
4. What does form include?
(a) Our body.
(b) Our body and five sense organs.
(c) Our emotions.
(d) Our five senses.
5. What are the three jewels of refuge in Buddhism?
(a) The Dharma, Sangha, and Seals.
(b) The Truths, Seals, and Sangha.
(c) The Buddha, the Truths, and the Seals.
(d) The Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.
6. We can look deeply into the Five Aggregates, and remember the reality of what?
(a) Birth and death.
(c) No-birth and no-death.
(d) Joy and suffering.
7. Like the relationship of a plant and the earth, when we take refuge in Buddha, ______________________.
(a) Buddha takes pride in us.
(b) Buddha encourages us to take refuge in the self.
(c) Buddha remembers us.
(d) Buddha takes refuge in us.
8. What must we realize about everything?
(a) It is part of the self.
(b) It is empty of a separate self.
(c) It is often a part of the self.
(d) It has a separate self.
9. What does nonself say?
(a) Things are not connected to beings.
(b) Nothing is connecte to anything else.
(c) No one is connected to anyone else.
(d) Everything is connected with everything else.
10. How can we apply the teachings?
(a) Through our words.
(b) Through our thoughts.
(c) Through our meditation.
(d) Through our actions.
11. Practicing impermanence helps us do what?
(a) Ignore suffering.
(b) Not care about those things around us.
(c) Cherish what is around and inside us.
(d) Forget the importance of those around us.
12. What is vedana?
13. Composing or performing art can be what?
(a) Right concentration.
(b) Right thinking.
(c) Right livelihood.
(d) Right action.
14. What are the Three Doors of Liberation, opened by the Three Dharma Seals?
(a) Fear, suffering, and hate.
(b) Emptiness, signlessness and aimlessness.
(c) Love, joy, and happiness.
(d) Peace, quiet, and calm.
15. Does impermanence cause suffering?
(b) Yes, sometimes.
(c) Yes, usually.
(d) Yes, always.
Short Answer Questions
1. Impermanence and nonself are _____________.
2. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
3. What are the Five Aggregates?
4. What is signlessness?
5. We will see layers of causes and conditions, and can now stop ingesting the nutriments causing our suffering by practicing what as a guide?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)