|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When people do not seem to love and understand us, what must we do?
(a) Be patient.
(b) Forget them.
(c) Be more loving and understanding.
(d) Ignore them.
2. What is signlessness?
(a) Signs are deception and illusion.
(d) Feelings of loss.
3. Right livelihood is what?
4. Relying on the Buddha within are we, ourselves, the Buddha?
5. The second is the condition for what?
(a) Consistent and continuous practice.
(c) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(d) Someone or some thing.
6. The first of the five mindfulness trainings is what?
(a) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(b) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(c) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(d) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
7. Happiness and beauty lie where?
(a) In our actions.
(b) In our hearts.
(c) In our minds.
(d) In our bodies.
8. Does Buddhism ask for blind faith?
(b) Yes, absolutely.
(c) Yes, somewhat.
(d) Yes, often.
9. The Sarvastivada school defined how many conditions?
10. Our true home, and paradise, are where?
(a) In heaven.
(b) In the future.
(c) In the past.
(d) In the present moment.
11. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
(a) The Twelve Links of Interdependent Co-Arising.
(b) The Four Noble Truths.
12. Energy is the result of what?
(c) Feeling meaning in our lives.
13. What is the second, shila paramita?
(a) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(b) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(c) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(d) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
14. Composing or performing art can be what?
(a) Right livelihood.
(b) Right action.
(c) Right concentration.
(d) Right thinking.
15. Finding a way to earn a living that does not conflict with love and compassion can do what?
(a) Either bring pain or fear.
(b) Bring joy and peace.
(c) Either bring joy or suffering.
(d) Bring peace and quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does impermanence cause suffering?
2. The Five Faculties are powers that can help us do what?
3. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
4. The Sarvastivada school's first condition requires what?
5. What are the three jewels of refuge in Buddhism?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)