|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
(a) The Four Noble Truths.
(b) Awakening or enlightenment.
(c) The Wheel of Dharma.
2. The first of the five mindfulness trainings is what?
(a) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(b) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(c) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(d) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
3. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
(a) Deep thinking and deep action.
(b) Deep meditation and deep passion.
(c) Deep looking and deep touching.
(d) Deep thinking and deep meditation.
4. What does nonself say?
(a) Everything is connected with everything else.
(b) Things are not connected to beings.
(c) No one is connected to anyone else.
(d) Nothing is connecte to anything else.
5. What does form include?
(a) Our five senses.
(b) Our body.
(c) Our body and five sense organs.
(d) Our emotions.
6. Holiness is within us when?
(a) We live in harmony.
(b) We are born.
(c) We die.
(d) We arrive at nirvana.
7. Nirvana is what?
(a) The ground of interbeing.
(b) The first step to paradise.
8. The third condition requires what?
(b) Consistent and continuous practice.
(c) Someone or some thing.
(d) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
9. "Mindfulness always arises in the context of a relationship with ______________________."
(a) Ourselves, other people or things.
(b) Other people.
10. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
(a) Someone or some thing.
(c) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(d) Consistent and continuous practice.
11. How can we apply the teachings?
(a) Through our actions.
(b) Through our words.
(c) Through our thoughts.
(d) Through our meditation.
12. When we recognize suffering and look deeply into it, we are practicing what?
(a) Right View, Right Thinking, Right Mindfulness and Right Concentration.
(b) Right Concentration, Right Contraction, Right Mindfulness, and Right Compassion.
(c) Right Diligence, Right Action, Right Thoughtfulness, and Right View.
(d) Right Thinking, Right Thoughtfulness, Right Compassion, and Right Concentration.
13. "All suffering is born from ________________."
(a) Our parents.
(c) Original sin.
(d) Wrong perceptions.
14. Practicing impermanence helps us do what?
(a) Forget the importance of those around us.
(b) Not care about those things around us.
(c) Cherish what is around and inside us.
(d) Ignore suffering.
15. Our true home, and paradise, are where?
(a) In the past.
(b) In the present moment.
(c) In heaven.
(d) In the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
2. Energy is the result of what?
3. Right livelihood is what?
4. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
5. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)