|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Composing or performing art can be what?
(a) Right thinking.
(b) Right livelihood.
(c) Right action.
(d) Right concentration.
2. Why is life span an illusion?
(a) No one's life span is the same.
(b) We have never been born and we never die.
(c) No one knows his or her life span.
(d) A human life span is longer.
3. What is signlessness?
(a) Feelings of loss.
(b) Signs are deception and illusion.
4. What does form include?
(a) Our five senses.
(b) Our emotions.
(c) Our body.
(d) Our body and five sense organs.
5. Practicing impermanence helps us do what?
(a) Cherish what is around and inside us.
(b) Not care about those things around us.
(c) Ignore suffering.
(d) Forget the importance of those around us.
6. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
(a) Deep looking and deep touching.
(b) Deep thinking and deep meditation.
(c) Deep meditation and deep passion.
(d) Deep thinking and deep action.
7. What is the third of the five mindfulness trainings?
(a) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(b) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(c) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(d) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
8. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
(a) Consistent and continuous practice.
(b) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(d) Someone or some thing.
9. Nirvana is what?
(a) The first step to paradise.
(b) The ground of interbeing.
10. Practicing _________________ transforms our habit energies and recognizes the sameness of everything and everyone.
11. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
(b) Faith in something reliable.
(d) Insight or wisdom.
12. What are the three jewels of refuge in Buddhism?
(a) The Buddha, the Truths, and the Seals.
(b) The Dharma, Sangha, and Seals.
(c) The Truths, Seals, and Sangha.
(d) The Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.
13. Does Buddhism ask for blind faith?
(a) Yes, somewhat.
(c) Yes, often.
(d) Yes, absolutely.
14. "All suffering is born from ________________."
(a) Wrong perceptions.
(c) Original sin.
(d) Our parents.
15. While Dharma is compassion, understanding and love, to realize it we need a _____________, or community and elements which support our practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Mindfulness always arises in the context of a relationship with ______________________."
2. Energy is the result of what?
3. What are the Five Aggregates?
4. The Sarvastivada school's first condition requires what?
5. What is a paramita?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)