Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Awakening is always available to us and needs only what?
(b) Favorable conditions.
2. Impermanence and nonself are _____________.
(c) The same.
3. The first of the five mindfulness trainings is what?
(a) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(b) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(c) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(d) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
4. What is signlessness?
(a) Feelings of loss.
(d) Signs are deception and illusion.
5. The Sarvastivada school's first condition requires what?
(a) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(b) Someone or some thing.
(d) Consistent and continuous practice.
6. What are the three jewels of refuge in Buddhism?
(a) The Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.
(b) The Dharma, Sangha, and Seals.
(c) The Buddha, the Truths, and the Seals.
(d) The Truths, Seals, and Sangha.
7. What are the Three Doors of Liberation, opened by the Three Dharma Seals?
(a) Peace, quiet, and calm.
(b) Emptiness, signlessness and aimlessness.
(c) Fear, suffering, and hate.
(d) Love, joy, and happiness.
8. What does form include?
(a) Our body.
(b) Our emotions.
(c) Our body and five sense organs.
(d) Our five senses.
9. What are the Five Aggregates?
(a) Consciousness, feelings, form, time, and space.
(b) Form, feelings, perceptions, mental formations and consciousness.
(c) Mental formations, feelings, form, space, and consciousness.
(d) Form, space, time, shape, and feelings.
10. What is the fifth power?
(a) Faith in something reliable.
(c) Insight or wisdom.
11. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
(a) Consistent and continuous practice.
(c) Someone or some thing.
(d) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
12. Emptiness must be _____________, not just as philosophy.
13. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
(a) Within the others.
(b) In small groups.
(c) In categories.
14. What is the second of the Five Faculties?
(b) Faith in something reliable.
(d) Insight or wisdom.
15. The third condition requires what?
(a) Someone or some thing.
(b) Consistent and continuous practice.
(c) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first of six paramitas, dana paramita, is what?
2. Finding a way to earn a living that does not conflict with love and compassion can do what?
3. Practicing impermanence helps us do what?
4. Does impermanence cause suffering?
5. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)