|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Dharma is compassion, understanding and love, to realize it we need a _____________, or community and elements which support our practice.
2. Awakening is always available to us and needs only what?
(d) Favorable conditions.
3. What are the Five Aggregates?
(a) Mental formations, feelings, form, space, and consciousness.
(b) Form, space, time, shape, and feelings.
(c) Form, feelings, perceptions, mental formations and consciousness.
(d) Consciousness, feelings, form, time, and space.
4. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
(a) Deep looking and deep touching.
(b) Deep thinking and deep action.
(c) Deep meditation and deep passion.
(d) Deep thinking and deep meditation.
5. The Sarvastivada school defined how many conditions?
6. "All suffering is born from ________________."
(b) Original sin.
(c) Wrong perceptions.
(d) Our parents.
7. Energy is the result of what?
(a) Feeling meaning in our lives.
8. The second is the condition for what?
(a) Consistent and continuous practice.
(b) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(d) Someone or some thing.
9. Our true home, and paradise, are where?
(a) In the future.
(b) In the present moment.
(c) In the past.
(d) In heaven.
10. What is the second, shila paramita?
(a) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(b) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(c) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(d) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
11. Looking beyond signs means what?
(a) Looking to Buddha for advice.
(b) Losing fear of losing specific manifestations.
(c) Not looking toward fate.
(d) Making one's own decisions.
12. What are the Three Doors of Liberation, opened by the Three Dharma Seals?
(a) Love, joy, and happiness.
(b) Peace, quiet, and calm.
(c) Emptiness, signlessness and aimlessness.
(d) Fear, suffering, and hate.
13. What is the second of the Five Faculties?
(b) Faith in something reliable.
(c) Insight or wisdom.
14. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
(b) In categories.
(c) In small groups.
(d) Within the others.
15. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
(a) Awakening or enlightenment.
(b) The Wheel of Dharma.
(d) The Four Noble Truths.
Short Answer Questions
1. Relying on the Buddha within are we, ourselves, the Buddha?
2. Holiness is within us when?
3. What is the fifth power?
4. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
5. Right livelihood is what?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)