|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sarvastivada school defined how many conditions?
2. Holiness is within us when?
(a) We arrive at nirvana.
(b) We are born.
(c) We die.
(d) We live in harmony.
3. The ____________ Dharma seals of Buddha's teaching are: impermanence, nonself and nirvana.
4. Emptiness must be _____________, not just as philosophy.
5. Does Buddhism ask for blind faith?
(a) Yes, often.
(c) Yes, somewhat.
(d) Yes, absolutely.
6. Hanh suggests meditating mindfully on what parts of the body?
(a) The outer parts.
(b) The inner parts.
(c) The organs.
(d) Each part.
7. Happiness and beauty lie where?
(a) In our hearts.
(b) In our actions.
(c) In our bodies.
(d) In our minds.
8. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
(b) Within the others.
(c) In categories.
(d) In small groups.
9. Right livelihood is what?
10. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
(a) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(c) Consistent and continuous practice.
(d) Someone or some thing.
11. What is signlessness?
(a) Signs are deception and illusion.
(b) Feelings of loss.
12. Awakening is always available to us and needs only what?
(c) Favorable conditions.
13. What does nonself say?
(a) Nothing is connecte to anything else.
(b) No one is connected to anyone else.
(c) Things are not connected to beings.
(d) Everything is connected with everything else.
14. Nirvana is what?
(a) The first step to paradise.
(b) The ground of interbeing.
15. What is the second, shila paramita?
(a) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(b) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
(c) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(d) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Incorrect perceptions are conditioned by the afflictions in us of what?
2. The Sarvastivada school's first condition requires what?
3. What does form include?
4. Impermanence and nonself are _____________.
5. "Mindfulness always arises in the context of a relationship with ______________________."
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)