|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of the Five Faculties?
(a) Faith in something reliable.
(b) Insight or wisdom.
2. Composing or performing art can be what?
(a) Right livelihood.
(b) Right concentration.
(c) Right action.
(d) Right thinking.
3. Hanh asks us to practice transformation by what?
(a) Deep meditation and deep passion.
(b) Deep thinking and deep action.
(c) Deep looking and deep touching.
(d) Deep thinking and deep meditation.
4. Nirvana is what?
(b) The first step to paradise.
(c) The ground of interbeing.
5. Each element of the Noble Eightfold Path is contained where?
(a) Within the others.
(b) In small groups.
(d) In categories.
6. "Mindfulness always arises in the context of a relationship with ______________________."
(a) Other people.
(d) Ourselves, other people or things.
7. We can look deeply into the Five Aggregates, and remember the reality of what?
(a) Joy and suffering.
(b) Birth and death.
(d) No-birth and no-death.
8. Our anger or despair is connected to what?
(a) Consistent and continuous practice.
(c) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(d) Someone or some thing.
9. Holiness is within us when?
(a) We die.
(b) We are born.
(c) We live in harmony.
(d) We arrive at nirvana.
10. Impermanence and nonself are _____________.
(d) The same.
11. What must we realize about everything?
(a) It is part of the self.
(b) It is empty of a separate self.
(c) It has a separate self.
(d) It is often a part of the self.
12. Like the relationship of a plant and the earth, when we take refuge in Buddha, ______________________.
(a) Buddha encourages us to take refuge in the self.
(b) Buddha takes pride in us.
(c) Buddha remembers us.
(d) Buddha takes refuge in us.
13. What does form include?
(a) Our emotions.
(b) Our body and five sense organs.
(c) Our five senses.
(d) Our body.
14. Our true home, and paradise, are where?
(a) In the future.
(b) In heaven.
(c) In the past.
(d) In the present moment.
15. Practicing _________________ transforms our habit energies and recognizes the sameness of everything and everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mindfulness, investigation of phenomena, diligence, joy, ease, concentration and letting go are the seven factors of what?
2. Happiness and beauty lie where?
3. What is a paramita?
4. What is the first of the Five Faculties?
5. What are the three jewels of refuge in Buddhism?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)