|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What isthe third of the Five Faculties?
(a) Faith in something reliable.
(d) Insight or wisdom.
2. Energy is the result of what?
(d) Feeling meaning in our lives.
3. What are the Three Doors of Liberation, opened by the Three Dharma Seals?
(a) Fear, suffering, and hate.
(b) Emptiness, signlessness and aimlessness.
(c) Peace, quiet, and calm.
(d) Love, joy, and happiness.
4. What is a paramita?
(a) An imperfect being.
(b) A fear.
(c) A parasite.
(d) Perfection or perfect realization.
5. Incorrect perceptions are conditioned by the afflictions in us of what?
(a) Crazing, hatred, anger, and pain.
(b) Fear, hurt, pain, and uncertainty.
(c) Ignorance, fear, hurt, and pain.
(d) Ignorance, craving, hatred, anger, and jealousy.
6. What is the second of the Five Faculties?
(a) Insight or wisdom.
(c) Faith in something reliable.
7. The third condition requires what?
(a) Consistent and continuous practice.
(b) Creative force, concurrent condition, seed condition of the same kind, associated condition, universal condition and ripening condition.
(d) Someone or some thing.
8. The first of six paramitas, dana paramita, is what?
(a) Protection of the lives of humans, animals and nature.
(b) To protect children and adults from sexual abuse and preserve happiness.
(c) Giving and offering joy and love to others.
(d) Perfection of the five mindfulness trainings.
9. Holiness is within us when?
(a) We die.
(b) We live in harmony.
(c) We are born.
(d) We arrive at nirvana.
10. Does impermanence cause suffering?
(b) Yes, always.
(c) Yes, sometimes.
(d) Yes, usually.
11. What does nonself say?
(a) No one is connected to anyone else.
(b) Everything is connected with everything else.
(c) Things are not connected to beings.
(d) Nothing is connecte to anything else.
12. Awakening is always available to us and needs only what?
(a) Favorable conditions.
13. Happiness and beauty lie where?
(a) In our bodies.
(b) In our hearts.
(c) In our actions.
(d) In our minds.
14. How can we apply the teachings?
(a) Through our thoughts.
(b) Through our actions.
(c) Through our words.
(d) Through our meditation.
15. Investigation and allowing things to reveal themselves expands what?
(a) Our boundaries.
(b) Our possibilities.
(c) Our joy.
(d) Our peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the foundation of Buddhism?
2. Right livelihood is what?
3. What is the third of the five mindfulness trainings?
4. "All suffering is born from ________________."
5. The first of the five mindfulness trainings is what?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)