|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Discourse on the Four Establishments of Mindfulness notes how many objects for mindfulness practice?
2. What is the third truth?
(a) The cessation of creating suffering by stopping what we are doing.
(b) The cessation of creating suffering by changing what we are doing.
(c) The cessation of creating suffering by thinking about what we are doing.
(d) The cessation of creating suffering by ignoring what we are doing.
3. Transforming by changing our behavior and practicing can bring suffering to an end and increase what?
4. What does the Fourth Mindfulness Training describe?
(a) Transforming our suffering as well as the suffering of the world.
(b) Forgetting our suffering.
(c) The affirmation to speak truthfully and non-judgmentally, not cause division and discord, and resolve all conflicts.
(d) Create a place of refuge for ourselves and others.
5. Our views are perception at the top and mind, or _____________________.
(a) Spirit at the bottom.
(b) Sout at the top.
(c) Mind at the bottom.
(d) Spirit at the top.
6. We need to do what to become free of perceptions and be able to see things as they are?
(a) Ignore perceptions.
(b) Accept our perceptions as true.
(c) Know the source of our perceptions and see them deeply.
(d) Forget about our own perceptions.
7. What is an example of a seed of unwholesome quality?
8. Looking deeply in meditation is important, but what else is fundamental?
(a) Enjoying life.
(c) Not thinking.
(d) Stopping to do so.
9. Conscious breathing is an important link between what?
(a) Mind and beliefs.
(b) Mind and body.
(c) Ourselves and others.
(d) Body and soul.
10. Right Action means to do what?
(a) The ways that everyone should act.
(b) The behavior of Buddhists.
(c) Everything connected with the body.
(d) Everything connected with the body nonviolently and in mindfulness.
11. To whom does the author suggest going and showing your pain?
(c) Your parent.
(d) The Buddha.
12. What does Hanh suggest doing to our habit energies?
(a) Laughing at them.
(b) Ignoring them.
(c) Frowning at them.
(d) Smiling at them.
13. In the first stage of the Third Noble Truth, of what are we not aware?
(d) Freedom and happiness.
14. The Buddha said, "The moment you know how your suffering came to be, you are already _________________."
(a) On the path of release from it.
(b) Passing your suffering on to others.
(c) Ignoring it.
(d) Gaining more suffering.
15. Another misunderstanding is that our suffering is caused by ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Non-thinking allows us to enter reality __________.
2. Buddha claimed to have gone to the end of the path of suffering and gained what?
3. Writing is a "deep practice" and should be done knowing our words will do what?
4. Right Action is related to Right Livelihood, or what?
5. What is the second Miracle of Mindfulness?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)