|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Transforming by changing our behavior and practicing can bring suffering to an end and increase what?
2. The therapy of one hour of deep, quiet listening can bring relief to suffering, and is what who try to practice?
(a) Those who are religious.
(d) Most people.
3. Buddha suggests we replace unwholesome thoughts how?
(a) By relaxing.
(b) By living in a wholesome environment with those who practice mindful living.
(c) By asking Buddha to remove the unwholesome thoughts.
(d) By thinking of only wholesome thoughts.
4. Buddha said, "Where there is perception there is _________________."
5. Which turning of the Fourth Noble Truth is the recognition that we are practicing to transform our difficulties and ceasing to ingest pain-causing nutriments?
(a) The first.
(b) The third.
(c) The second.
(d) The fourth.
6. Hanh feels we need to be mindful of what?
(a) Our well-being and happiness.
(b) Our thoughts.
(c) Our words.
(d) Our actions.
7. How many months of mindfulness and enjoying the present moment brings real happiness, according to Hahn?
(a) Three to six months.
(b) Six to nine months.
(c) Nine to twelve months.
(d) One to three months.
8. Another misunderstanding is that our suffering is caused by ________________.
9. What is an example of a seed of unwholesome quality?
10. Speaking each person's individual language, like Bodhisattva, or writing a letter using Right speech, can do what?
(a) Benefit the receiver.
(b) Benefit the sender.
(c) Benefit sender and receiver.
(d) Benefit no one.
11. What is the Sixth Miracle of Mindfulness?
(c) Transformation of our suffering as well as the suffering of the world.
12. What does the wheel of Dharma teach?
(a) The Middle Way.
(b) The Right Way.
(c) Buddha's Way.
(d) Your Way.
13. Siddhartha Gutama sat under a bodhi tree and vowed not to get up until when?
(a) He understood how to alleviate suffering.
(b) Someone had come to save him.
(d) He was tired of sitting.
14. Are rightness and wrongness subjective?
15. To whom does the author suggest going and showing your pain?
(b) The Buddha.
(c) Your parent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first stage of the Third Noble Truth, of what are we not aware?
2. What is the Seventh Miracle of Mindfulness?
3. "Bodhichitta" is what?
4. We need to do what to become free of perceptions and be able to see things as they are?
5. The third Mindfulness training is about what?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)