|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is concentration to ignore suffering?
2. "To practice social justice and non-exploitation, we have to use __________________."
(a) Right Diligence.
(b) Right Concentration.
(c) Right Speech.
(d) Right Effort.
3. Mindful breathing helps us find what?
(c) Peace and solidity.
4. The Buddha said, "My teaching is like a finger pointing to the moon. Do not mistake _______ ."
(a) The pointing of the finger.
(b) The moon for the finger.
(c) The finger for the moon.
(d) My teaching for pointing.
5. Mindful breathing and meditation can help us with what?
(a) Compassionate acting.
(b) Compassionate listening.
(c) Compassionate speaking.
(d) Compassionate thinking.
6. In the second turning we encourage ourselves to do what?
(a) Learn, reflect and practice.
(b) Accept. understand, decide.
(c) Listen, speak, communicate.
(d) Ignore, accept, and understand.
7. What is the Seventh Miracle of Mindfulness?
(b) Transformation of our suffering as well as the suffering of the world.
8. The Discourse on the Four Establishments of Mindfulness notes how many objects for mindfulness practice?
9. What does Hanh suggest doing to our habit energies?
(a) Laughing at them.
(b) Ignoring them.
(c) Frowning at them.
(d) Smiling at them.
10. Buddha taught the Eightfold Path until when?
(a) He changed his teaching methods.
(b) He became ill.
(c) He was sixty.
(d) His death.
11. The first four miracles of mindfulness belong to the first aspect of meditation known as __________.
12. We can learn calming by recognition, acceptance, ________________, looking deeply and insight.
13. We need to learn to speak only with what?
(a) Quiet and calmness.
(b) Patience and understanding.
(c) Fear and suffering.
(d) Love and calmness.
14. Buddha claimed to have gone to the end of the path of suffering and gained what?
15. It is said that if you try to explain every word of the sutras, what happens?
(a) Others will become confused.
(b) You will die.
(c) You slander Buddha in past, present and future.
(d) You embarrass Buddha and yourself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Fourth Mindfulness Training describe?
2. Many have embraced suffering for two thousand years as the primary principle of Buddhism, but Buddha taught us to recognize what and suffering?
3. Writing is a "deep practice" and should be done knowing our words will do what?
4. What must we not do to the words of Buddha?
5. Our views are perception at the top and mind, or _____________________.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)