|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The therapy of one hour of deep, quiet listening can bring relief to suffering, and is what who try to practice?
(b) Most people.
(d) Those who are religious.
2. "_______________ is at the heart of Buddha's teachings."
(a) Right Action.
(b) Right Mindfulness.
(c) Right Diligence.
(d) Right Concentration.
3. What example of being present and mindful does the author use, which gives the work merit?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Taking care of a family.
(c) Feeding animals.
(d) Volunteering our time.
4. What does the wheel of Dharma teach?
(a) The Middle Way.
(b) Your Way.
(c) Buddha's Way.
(d) The Right Way.
5. How should we treat our suffering?
(a) With distractions.
(b) With hatred.
(c) With love and kindness.
(d) With patience.
6. We must practice what to understand the Four Noble Truths?
(b) The twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma.
7. To whom does the author suggest going and showing your pain?
(a) Your parent.
(c) The Buddha.
8. We need only to understand what about the other person?
(a) He or she is also compassionate.
(b) He or she is like us.
(c) He or she is human.
(d) He or she has suffered for compassion to be born.
9. At what age could Buddha do what he wanted "without going against the path," or practice the "action of non-action," stage of realization that must take place from within?
(a) One hundred twenty.
(b) One hundred.
10. Hanh advises us to leave a job where we are not allowed to do what?
(a) Speak truthfully.
(b) Be promoted.
(c) Get paid what we're worth.
(d) Take breaks.
11. We need to learn to speak only with what?
(a) Fear and suffering.
(b) Patience and understanding.
(c) Quiet and calmness.
(d) Love and calmness.
12. Are suffering and joy both impermanent?
13. Buddha taught the Eightfold Path until when?
(a) He became ill.
(b) His death.
(c) He changed his teaching methods.
(d) He was sixty.
14. Non-thinking allows us to enter reality __________.
(d) Almost completely.
15. Buddha said, "Where there is perception there is _________________."
Short Answer Questions
1. Right thinking is known as what?
2. Buddha said we feed our happiness or suffering with how man nutriments?
3. Right Speech is speaking how?
4. What is selective concentration?
5. Our perceptions are affected by what?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)