|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fourth practice of Right Diligence?
(a) Ingesting healthy foods.
(b) Sexual responsibility.
(c) Earning a living in non-destructive ways.
(d) Watering and keeping wholesome mental formations.
2. What do the Four Establishments of Mindfulness do?
(a) Create a place of refuge for ourselves and others.
(b) Identify our feelings.
(c) Transform our suffering as well as the suffering of the world.
(d) Help us to forget suffering.
3. It is vital to keep our bodies, hearts and minds open to truth rather than what?
(a) Ignoring the truth.
(d) Comparing the teachings to what we already believe.
4. With what does the Discourse on Turning the Wheel of the Dharma have to do?
(a) Recognizing suffering and transforming it into "mindfulness, compassion, peace and liberation."
(b) It compares the Wheel of Dharma to the Wheel of Fortune.
(c) Randomly choosing the path one should take.
(d) Slowly help one to understand suffering.
5. Another misunderstanding is that our suffering is caused by ________________.
6. At what age could Buddha do what he wanted "without going against the path," or practice the "action of non-action," stage of realization that must take place from within?
(a) One hundred.
(d) One hundred twenty.
7. Our habit energies bring about what?
8. The fifth Mindfulness training is associated with what?
(a) Sexual responsibility.
(b) What foods to avoid.
(c) Ingesting healthy foods.
(d) Personal responsibility.
9. Buddha taught the Eightfold Path until when?
(a) His death.
(b) He changed his teaching methods.
(c) He became ill.
(d) He was sixty.
10. What is the Third Miracle of Mindfulness?
(a) To make others present.
(b) To nourish yourself.
(c) To be present.
(d) To nourish others.
11. Speaking each person's individual language, like Bodhisattva, or writing a letter using Right speech, can do what?
(a) Benefit no one.
(b) Benefit sender and receiver.
(c) Benefit the sender.
(d) Benefit the receiver.
12. Are rightness and wrongness subjective?
13. Mindful breathing helps us find what?
(d) Peace and solidity.
14. Hanh suggests reframing the four Noble Truths, replacing "cessation" with what?
15. How many months of mindfulness and enjoying the present moment brings real happiness, according to Hahn?
(a) Six to nine months.
(b) Nine to twelve months.
(c) One to three months.
(d) Three to six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which turning of the Fourth Noble Truth is the recognition that we are practicing to transform our difficulties and ceasing to ingest pain-causing nutriments?
2. What is the most important aspect of Right Diligence?
3. Generosity, sharing, cultivating love and kindness, and living simply, taking no more than our share, is what?
4. The first four miracles of mindfulness belong to the first aspect of meditation known as __________.
5. Buddha suggests we replace unwholesome thoughts how?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)