|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Bodhichitta" is what?
(a) A follower of Buddha.
(b) Our mind of love that motivates mindful living.
(c) A place to meditate.
(d) A Buddhist monk.
2. What is the Sixth Miracle of Mindfulness?
(c) Transformation of our suffering as well as the suffering of the world.
3. Right thinking leads to what?
(a) Right Activities.
(b) Right Intelligence.
(c) Right Praying.
(d) Right Diligence.
4. Can Right View be taught?
5. Which turning of the Fourth Noble Truth is the recognition that we are practicing to transform our difficulties and ceasing to ingest pain-causing nutriments?
(a) The fourth.
(b) The third.
(c) The second.
(d) The first.
6. Should suffering be placed at the same level as impermanence and non-self?
7. Hanh suggests reframing the four Noble Truths, replacing "cessation" with what?
8. We can learn calming by recognition, acceptance, ________________, looking deeply and insight.
9. In our consciousness we have ___________________ seeds, or roots that we can identify with mindfulness.
(a) Wholesome or unwholesome.
(b) Many seeds.
(c) Weak seeds.
(d) Few seed.
10. Non-thinking allows us to enter reality __________.
(d) Almost completely.
11. We must practice what to understand the Four Noble Truths?
(d) The twelve turnings of the wheel of Dharma.
12. It is vital to keep our bodies, hearts and minds open to truth rather than what?
(a) Comparing the teachings to what we already believe.
(d) Ignoring the truth.
13. Are rightness and wrongness subjective?
14. Many have embraced suffering for two thousand years as the primary principle of Buddhism, but Buddha taught us to recognize what and suffering?
15. Generosity, sharing, cultivating love and kindness, and living simply, taking no more than our share, is what?
(a) Right Diligence.
(b) Right Concentration.
(c) Right Thinking.
(d) Right Action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mindful breathing and meditation can help us with what?
2. What is the fourth nutriment?
3. What is the third turning?
4. How many months of mindfulness and enjoying the present moment brings real happiness, according to Hahn?
5. What is active concentration?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)