|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another reminder, "Hello, habit energy," reminds us to do what?
(a) Improve our habits.
(b) Find moments to contemplate and be mindful, and acknowledge our habitual thinking and acting.
(c) Change our habits.
(d) Forget our habits.
2. Buddha taught the Eightfold Path until when?
(a) He became ill.
(b) His death.
(c) He was sixty.
(d) He changed his teaching methods.
3. Writing is a "deep practice" and should be done knowing our words will do what?
(a) Affect other people.
(c) Be forgotten quickly.
(d) Be remembered.
4. How must one use suffering?
(a) For growth.
(b) For torture.
(c) For sadness.
(d) For fear.
5. How many months of mindfulness and enjoying the present moment brings real happiness, according to Hahn?
(a) One to three months.
(b) Nine to twelve months.
(c) Three to six months.
(d) Six to nine months.
6. Our perceptions are affected by what?
(a) Our ignorance.
(b) Everything subjective in our lives, positive and negative.
(c) Our own thoughts.
(d) How we have been raised.
7. When we appreciate what, we can find conditions for happiness that are already available?
(a) Our belongings.
(b) Our senses.
(c) Our homes.
(d) Our friends.
8. Another misunderstanding is that our suffering is caused by ________________.
9. What is an example of a seed of unwholesome quality?
10. What are the initial thought and development of it, respectively?
(a) Viactin and vicara.
(b) Visceral and vein.
(c) Vishnu and victorian.
(d) Vitarka and vichara.
11. Conscious breathing is an important link between what?
(a) Mind and body.
(b) Body and soul.
(c) Ourselves and others.
(d) Mind and beliefs.
12. What is active concentration?
(a) Focusing on one object, ignoring everything else.
(b) We accept some of what comes our way.
(c) We accept little of what comes our way.
(d) We accept whatever comes along, dwelling in the present and remaining clear.
13. Hanh discourages what in the interest of ourselves and others?
(a) Losing sleep.
(b) Driving while intoxicated.
(d) Drinking of any alcohol.
14. What must we not do to the words of Buddha?
(a) Mispronounce them.
(b) Sing them.
(c) Turn them into doctrine or ideology.
(d) Forget them.
15. Buddha claimed to have gone to the end of the path of suffering and gained what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to look deeply?
2. "To practice social justice and non-exploitation, we have to use __________________."
3. Should suffering be placed at the same level as impermanence and non-self?
4. What concentration aims at complete liberation?
5. Our views are perception at the top and mind, or _____________________.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)