|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-One and Twenty-Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which turning of the Fourth Noble Truth is the recognition that we are practicing to transform our difficulties and ceasing to ingest pain-causing nutriments?
(a) The third.
(b) The first.
(c) The second.
(d) The fourth.
2. Right Diligence or Effort involves what?
(a) Watching the behavior of others.
(b) Focusing on Right Thinking.
(c) Acting appropriately.
(d) Preventing unwholesome seeds and returning them, finding ways to water and nourish the wholesome seeds that have already risen.
3. The first four miracles of mindfulness belong to the first aspect of meditation known as __________.
4. The therapy of one hour of deep, quiet listening can bring relief to suffering, and is what who try to practice?
(b) Those who are religious.
(c) Most people.
5. What example of being present and mindful does the author use, which gives the work merit?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Volunteering our time.
(c) Feeding animals.
(d) Taking care of a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first stage of the Third Noble Truth, of what are we not aware?
2. Generosity, sharing, cultivating love and kindness, and living simply, taking no more than our share, is what?
3. What does it mean to look deeply?
4. What must we not do to the words of Buddha?
5. What is the Third Miracle of Mindfulness?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)