|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We are always giving our attention to something, and it often does what?
(a) Helps us forget the moment.
(b) Takes us from the moment.
(c) Encourages us to be in the moment.
(d) Keeps us in the moment.
2. The Fourth Noble Truth is recognizing that the Eightfold Path of Right View, Thinking, Speech, Action, Livelihood, Diligence, Mindfulness and Concentration can do what?
(a) Lead us astray.
(b) Lead us out of suffering.
(c) Lead us to confusion.
(d) Guide us down the wrong path.
3. Generosity, sharing, cultivating love and kindness, and living simply, taking no more than our share, is what?
(a) Right Concentration.
(b) Right Diligence.
(c) Right Action.
(d) Right Thinking.
4. Hanh discourages what in the interest of ourselves and others?
(a) Losing sleep.
(c) Drinking of any alcohol.
(d) Driving while intoxicated.
5. Our habit energies bring about what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hanh feels we need to be mindful of what?
2. When we appreciate what, we can find conditions for happiness that are already available?
3. While mindfully breathing, what does the author suggest be done?
4. "_______________ is at the heart of Buddha's teachings."
5. Buddha claimed to have gone to the end of the path of suffering and gained what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)