|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Siddhartha Gutama sat under a bodhi tree and vowed not to get up until when?
(a) He understood how to alleviate suffering.
(b) He was tired of sitting.
(c) Someone had come to save him.
2. Buddha taught the Eightfold Path until when?
(a) He changed his teaching methods.
(b) His death.
(c) He was sixty.
(d) He became ill.
3. What is the third turning?
4. Right speech is based on what?
(a) Right believing.
(b) Right concentration.
(c) Right thinking.
(d) Right action.
5. What must we not do to the words of Buddha?
(a) Turn them into doctrine or ideology.
(b) Mispronounce them.
(c) Sing them.
(d) Forget them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hanh discourages what in the interest of ourselves and others?
2. Our views are perception at the top and mind, or _____________________.
3. What does the author believe is perhaps responsible for much of our pain?
4. What does the Fourth Mindfulness Training describe?
5. What is the opposite of mindfulness?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)