|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the ultimate rule of recognition be recognized from?
2. What do justice largely concern itself with?
3. Why do moral codes exist?
4. When does the second question arisen by Hart's theory appear?
5. What does communication involve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the boundaries left up to?
2. What issue does Hart raise about judicial decisions?
3. What are the two problems that arise?
4. What does Chapter 8 inquire into the relationship between?
5. What are the six connections between law and morality?
6. What did statements concerning internal aspects presuppose?
7. What does international law seem to have in Chapter 10?
8. What is often indeterminate?
9. What is there a conviction of outside the law?
10. What do we often equate the legal system with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the sovereignty conception of law.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Austin's Province of Jurisprudence Determined and Hart's criticism of Austin.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the habit of obedience and how it is understood according to Hart's discussion.
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)