|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does International law threatens according to Chapter 10?
2. What does precedent focus on?
3. What are subordinate to rules of recognition?
4. What standard do we often try to employ, according to Hart?
5. Who has significant objections in Hart's views?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chapter 8 inquire into the relationship between?
2. What are the two problems that arise?
3. What did statements concerning internal aspects presuppose?
4. What is there a conviction of outside the law?
5. What does legal positivism hold according to Chapter 9?
6. What were the boundaries left up to?
7. What does international law seem to have in Chapter 10?
8. What is the advantage of having judges?
9. What happened when secondary rules of recognition were accepted according to Chapter 6?
10. What do many nations have under international law?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine H.L.A. Hart's definition of the concept of law, and discuss the three questions that combine into the question of what law is.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one question raised by Hart's theory, examine its significance, and come to a conclusion regarding the question.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Dworkin's view with the views of Hart based on the Postscript.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)