|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What standard do we have by which to judge the law?
2. What do rule-skepticism and formalism often do according to Hart?
3. What do legislation focus on?
4. Why do moral codes exist?
5. What can natural law be understood as having?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could the ultimate rule of recognition be recognized?
2. What were the boundaries left up to?
3. What do many nations have under international law?
4. What is morality not enforced with?
5. What do positivists tend to see natural law as?
6. What does legal positivism hold according to Chapter 9?
7. What does the minimum content view do away with?
8. What ambiguity did Hart discuss?
9. What does sovereignty denote?
10. What is the advantage of having judges?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine H.L.A. Hart's definition of the concept of law, and discuss the three questions that combine into the question of what law is.
Essay Topic 2
Compare moral rules and legal rules.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the six connections between law and morality and why they are often confused.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)