|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can laws of judicial practice and other like it be understood as?
2. How can laws be divided?
3. What would we find if we were to examine many types of laws, according to Hart in chapter 3?
4. What do the laws of judicial practice not define?
5. Which status is the closest to the Austin/coercive order model?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to laws?
2. What requires a critical reflective attitude?
3. What are understood as norms?
4. What did Hart focus on according to Chapter 4?
5. What is law?
6. What are secondary rules?
7. What did Hart want to advance?
8. What can the definition of law help provide?
9. What does the doctrine of sovereignty often hold?
10. What did customary societies have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the tie between international law and morality.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the objections to Austin's basic definition of law.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss judicial practice and the infallibility and finality of judicial decisions.
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)