|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do laws regulate in advance?
2. What is the question Hart tries to answer in the book according to Chapter 1?
3. What is it best to try and acquire according to Hart?
4. What aren't obligations, according to Austin and others?
5. How can laws of judicial practice and other like it be understood as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the most serious attempt to analyze the concept of law according to Chapter 2?
2. Who do the laws made by the Queen of England not apply to?
3. What is rare for individuals in modern societies?
4. What did customary societies have?
5. What do judges have powers to do?
6. Where is the sovereignty conception of law held to be true?
7. What do laws sometimes apply to?
8. What will happen if we examine the many types of law according to Chapter 3?
9. What did Hart want to explain?
10. How do we speak of justice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss judicial practice and the infallibility and finality of judicial decisions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dworkin's challenge to Hart's view, and what Dworkin thinks Hart's view commits him to.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the habit of obedience and how it is understood according to Hart's discussion.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)