|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctrine of sovereignty often hold?
2. How many categories do objections fall into?
3. Who make laws?
4. What does the distinction make sense of, according to Hart?
5. Who do laws dictated by the queen of England not apply to, according to Hart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the sovereignty conception of law held to be true?
2. What are primary rules according to Chapter 5?
3. What does the criminal law specify?
4. Why is the concept of law hard, according to Chapter 1?
5. What are the first two questions that combine into the question of what law is?
6. Why is social pressure serious?
7. What are understood as norms?
8. Who do the laws made by the Queen of England not apply to?
9. What did Hart want to explain?
10. What have some philosophers analyzed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the minimum content view and why it does away with teleology.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the tie between international law and morality.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss judicial practice and the infallibility and finality of judicial decisions.
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)