|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the distinction make sense of, according to Hart?
2. How many questions did Hart identified that combine into the question of what law is?
3. How does Hart qualifies most statements made about law by great minds?
4. What would breaking the rule allow some individual to do?
5. Who do laws dictated by the queen of England not apply to, according to Hart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do laws require?
2. What is law?
3. What does Hart continue to illustrate?
4. What are secondary rules?
5. What are customs given?
6. What do judges have powers to do?
7. Why is the concept of law hard, according to Chapter 1?
8. Who do the laws made by the Queen of England not apply to?
9. What did Hart want to advance?
10. What does the criminal law specify?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of primary and secondary rules.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one question raised by Hart's theory, examine its significance, and come to a conclusion regarding the question.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the origins of laws.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)