|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the concept of nullity arise?
2. What do laws specify?
3. What does the doctrine of sovereignty often hold?
4. What do laws modify in many cases?
5. How would a man keep law from applying to him, according to Austin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first two questions that combine into the question of what law is?
2. What does the doctrine of sovereignty often hold?
3. What did Hart want to advance?
4. Why is the concept of law hard, according to Chapter 1?
5. What are understood as norms?
6. What do laws require?
7. What requires a critical reflective attitude?
8. What happens to laws?
9. What is law?
10. What was the most serious attempt to analyze the concept of law according to Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the tie between international law and morality.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the minimum content view and why it does away with teleology.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what moral rules are and the four qualities that a moral law must possess.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)