|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Variety of Laws.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is related to law according to Hart?
2. What is a common myth about laws?
(a) That they are written with the public's best interest in mind.
(b) That they are fair.
(c) That they are easy to understand.
(d) That they are all public.
3. What are rules sometime understood as?
(a) Norms design to present social misconduct.
(b) Norms obeyed by a social group.
(c) Rules that have ben written.
(d) Custom backed up by threats.
4. What do laws require exist?
(a) A structured society.
(b) A strong ruler.
(c) An enforcement force.
(d) Social beliefs that laws are standing.
5. What is in a sense general?
(a) Legal reach.
(b) Legal retribution.
(c) Legal control.
(d) Legal interpretation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the concept of nullity arise?
2. How are laws obeyed?
3. What are laws according to Hart?
4. What do laws specify?
5. What is the question Hart tries to answer in the book according to Chapter 1?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)