|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Formalism and Rule-Skepticism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes social pressure serious?
(a) Morale constrains.
(b) High morale societies.
(d) Rules being important to maintain social life.
2. What do the law of torts specify the conditions of?
(a) Compensation for harms produced by the actions of a few people.
(b) Compensation for harms produced by the actions of others.
(c) Compensation for harms produced by the society as a whole.
(d) Compensation for harms produced by the one own actions.
3. What will always conflict, according to Hart?
(a) Rules and goals.
(b) Laws and goals.
(c) Customs and laws.
(d) Rules and laws.
4. What do the laws of judicial practice not define?
(b) Prison time.
5. What aren't obligations, according to Austin and others?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second type of rule do?
2. Who makes the law created by past regimes binding, according to some philosophers?
3. What do criminal laws specifies must be followed?
4. What do laws modify in many cases?
5. When do rules obligate?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)