|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
2. The two parts in a feint are a _____ thrust and a _____ evasive thrust.
3. What does Lee teach as a fast forceful backward movement that allows further retreat or stepping forward to attack?
4. What does Lee say fighters may develop to maintain the distance between them?
5. Which Jeet Kune Do technique anticipates the opponent's punch or kick and steps back to take advantage of the opponent's openings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
2. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
3. What type of pressure does Lee imply is used in envelopment?
4. Why did Lee include courage as a principle for "distance in attack?"
5. How can a beat be used against an opponent who is fast and cannot be feinted?
6. Why does Lee feel that Jeet Kune Do is not just a technique?
7. What state of mind should one have when assuming the fighting stance?
8. How does a feint force hesitation while closing the distance?
9. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
10. Lee died before a full and detailed explanation of attacks could be provided. Do you think the editors completed Chapter 7 successfully, or might there be important details missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some keys in Jeet Kune Do to a successful offense? What are some keys to a successful defense? Does Lee stress one way over the other?
Essay Topic 2
What do you consider to be Lee's most valuable teaching in "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?" Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Based on your reading of the text, what are some ways that creativity can be expressed in Jeet Kune Do?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)