|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee teaches that in Jeet Kune Do, combat is a matter of _____.
2. What types of fighters does Lee describe as using techniques and tactics learned by repetition without considering the reason?
3. What does Lee suggest Jeet Kune Do students should be alert to?
4. What is the rhythm of the single feint?
5. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lee's concept of the circle with no circumference.
2. Why does Lee feel that Jeet Kune Do is not just a technique?
3. What might a fight look like where two fighters have different fighting measures?
4. What techniques are described in Chapter 7 that help fighters prepare for effective attacks?
5. Why does Lee recommend making economical moves?
6. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
7. Why did Lee include courage as a principle for "distance in attack?"
8. What state of mind should one have when assuming the fighting stance?
9. In Chapter 6, Lee says that footwork is better than using arms to avoid kicks or blows. Why does he emphasize footwork?
10. What does Lee mean by the term, "milling on the retreat?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some keys in Jeet Kune Do to a successful offense? What are some keys to a successful defense? Does Lee stress one way over the other?
Essay Topic 2
Jeet Kune Do offers a path to self-knowledge. How does Jeet Kune Do help one cultivate self-knowledge? What are some other ways people can attain self-knowledge, besides studying a martial art?
Essay Topic 3
Lee identifies six diseases that are proposed as desires. He says they are attachments.
Part 1) Why does Lee consider attachments diseases?
Part 2) Which of the diseases he describes do you feel is most prevalent today?
Part 3) What might Lee suggest to diffuse the problem you have described?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)