|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where should the execution of the feint start from?
2. What strategy does Lee use for avoiding a blow without moving the body out of range with straight leads and counters?
3. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
4. What move does Lee say make the fighter harder to hit and leaves the hands open for attack?
5. How does Lee suggest a feint makes the opponent react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can one keep the mind empty so the "freedom of action if never obstructed?" What might Lee suggest to a student struggling to keep the mind empty?
Essay Topic 2
Why is strength from weight training alone inadequate? How does Lee propose one develop physical strength? How does one develop spiritual strength?
Essay Topic 3
How can a martial art that uses very specific movements be considered simple? Which of Lee's teachings do you find most simple? Which of his teachings could be applied to the world outside of martial arts?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)