Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say will vary according to the opponent's skill and training?
2. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
3. Lee states that most offensive action is _____, following a _____ or countering an opponent attack.
4. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
5. What does Lee say a delayed riposte involves for a fighter?
Essay Topic 1
Weapons used in Jeet Kune Do are classified by leg, hand, and elbow techniques, head butt, and miscellaneous groups. Why does Lee consider the body and its actions weapons? How are these weapons different from physical objects that people use in or out of martial arts?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between "being" and "doing?" Which one does Jeet Kune Do focus on? Include examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Do you agree with Lee's claim that Western boxing is overbearing and Eastern martial arts are overprotective? Why or why not?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)