|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say will vary according to the opponent's skill and training?
2. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
3. Lee states that most offensive action is _____, following a _____ or countering an opponent attack.
4. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
5. What does Lee say a delayed riposte involves for a fighter?
Essay Topic 1
What is Jeet Kune Do? Compare and contrast it to other types of fighting or martial arts.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jeet Kune Do include chokes and foul tactics, such as skin pinching? Do you feel these tactics should be allowed in any martial art or sport? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How can one keep the mind empty so the "freedom of action if never obstructed?" What might Lee suggest to a student struggling to keep the mind empty?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)