|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even the desire to _____, Lee says, is an attachment.
2. Who does Lee say that counterattacking is safer for?
3. What follows with the fighter lunging?
4. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
5. What does Lee call the four forms of simple attack that include thrusts, simple disengagements, counter-disengagements and cut-overs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can a martial art that uses very specific movements be considered simple? Which of Lee's teachings do you find most simple? Which of his teachings could be applied to the world outside of martial arts?
Essay Topic 2
Why is strength from weight training alone inadequate? How does Lee propose one develop physical strength? How does one develop spiritual strength?
Essay Topic 3
What are some keys in Jeet Kune Do to a successful offense? What are some keys to a successful defense? Does Lee stress one way over the other?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)