|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say will vary according to the opponent's skill and training?
2. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
3. Lee states that most offensive action is _____, following a _____ or countering an opponent attack.
4. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
5. What does Lee say a delayed riposte involves for a fighter?
Essay Topic 1
Lee writes "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do" while he is on bed rest.
Part 1) Do you think he would have written this book if he had not been injured? Why or why not?
Part 2) What was his purpose in writing the book?
Part 3) How did Lee's wife, editor and friends help complete his work?
Essay Topic 2
Lee describes two types of fighters. One is mechanical. The other is intellectual.
Part 1) Describe a mechanical fighter during combat.
Part 2) Describe an intellectual fighter during combat.
Part 3) Explain which fighter has the advantage, if any. If there is no advantage, explain why.
Essay Topic 3
What are some keys in Jeet Kune Do to a successful offense? What are some keys to a successful defense? Does Lee stress one way over the other?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)