|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee believe opens spiritual insight?
2. What types of fighters does Lee describe as using techniques and tactics learned by repetition without considering the reason?
3. What follows with the fighter lunging?
4. What does Lee suggest results when there is no center and no circumference?
5. What move does Lee teach that shifts the weight and changes the feet while remaining balanced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lee mean by the term, "milling on the retreat?"
2. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
3. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
4. Why are direct attacks rare in Jeet Kune Do?
5. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
6. What might a fight look like where two fighters have different fighting measures?
7. Describe Lee's concept of the circle with no circumference.
8. How does rhythm prepare the fighter in Jeet Kune Do?
9. What type of pressure does Lee imply is used in envelopment?
10. Why does Lee feel that Jeet Kune Do is not just a technique?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What can one learn from practicing a martial art where one is attacking and being attacked? How is this different from getting in a fight at school or on the street?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jeet Kune Do include chokes and foul tactics, such as skin pinching? Do you feel these tactics should be allowed in any martial art or sport? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What do you consider to be Lee's most valuable teaching in "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?" Explain your answer.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)