|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say a mind loses if it stops?
2. What does Lee compare a man's movement to without obstruction?
3. What does Lee say a delayed riposte involves for a fighter?
4. A _____ snaps the body from a straight lead to miss an opponent blow.
5. What follows with the fighter lunging?
Short Essay Questions
1. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
2. How can a beat be used against an opponent who is fast and cannot be feinted?
3. Describe Lee's concept of the circle with no circumference.
4. Lee writes, "Effort should be applied to the work to be done as if nothing particular is happening. " Name an example from everyday life and how this principle might work.
5. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
6. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
7. Lee died before a full and detailed explanation of attacks could be provided. Do you think the editors completed Chapter 7 successfully, or might there be important details missing?
8. What techniques are described in Chapter 7 that help fighters prepare for effective attacks?
9. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
10. How does rhythm prepare the fighter in Jeet Kune Do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you consider to be Lee's most valuable teaching in "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?" Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jeet Kune Do include chokes and foul tactics, such as skin pinching? Do you feel these tactics should be allowed in any martial art or sport? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Do you agree with Lee's claim that Western boxing is overbearing and Eastern martial arts are overprotective? Why or why not?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)