|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee recommend combining with a parry when fighting an opponent who is faster, taller, or has longer reach?
2. What does Lee say is made when a fighter decides or opponent movement occurs or fails?
3. What does Lee teach is the state one must preserve when the fighting stance is assumed?
4. How many diseases does Lee propose as desires that are attachments?
5. What does Lee instruct fighters to use to coordinate closing and opening distances?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes a good feint in Jeet Kune Do threatening?
2. What type of pressure does Lee imply is used in envelopment?
3. Why does Lee recommend making economical moves?
4. Why are direct attacks rare in Jeet Kune Do?
5. In Chapter 6, Lee says that footwork is better than using arms to avoid kicks or blows. Why does he emphasize footwork?
6. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
7. How does a feint force hesitation while closing the distance?
8. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
9. Lee writes, "Effort should be applied to the work to be done as if nothing particular is happening. " Name an example from everyday life and how this principle might work.
10. What techniques are described in Chapter 7 that help fighters prepare for effective attacks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee describes two types of fighters. One is mechanical. The other is intellectual.
Part 1) Describe a mechanical fighter during combat.
Part 2) Describe an intellectual fighter during combat.
Part 3) Explain which fighter has the advantage, if any. If there is no advantage, explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Lee identifies six diseases that are proposed as desires. He says they are attachments.
Part 1) Why does Lee consider attachments diseases?
Part 2) Which of the diseases he describes do you feel is most prevalent today?
Part 3) What might Lee suggest to diffuse the problem you have described?
Essay Topic 3
Why is strength from weight training alone inadequate? How does Lee propose one develop physical strength? How does one develop spiritual strength?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)