|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee conclude is based on feints and actions connected to them?
2. What does Lee suggest results when there is no center and no circumference?
3. What action does Lee say the feint lures the opponent into making?
4. What does Lee suggest Jeet Kune Do students should be alert to?
5. What is the rhythm of the single feint?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does rhythm prepare the fighter in Jeet Kune Do?
2. What type of pressure does Lee imply is used in envelopment?
3. What techniques are described in Chapter 7 that help fighters prepare for effective attacks?
4. Lee describes the speed of a simple attack as both "smooth and explosive." How might it be possible to achieve this state?
5. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
6. Why does Lee recommend making economical moves?
7. Lee writes, "Effort should be applied to the work to be done as if nothing particular is happening. " Name an example from everyday life and how this principle might work.
8. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
9. How does an empty mind help a fighter?
10. What state of mind should one have when assuming the fighting stance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee describes two types of fighters. One is mechanical. The other is intellectual.
Part 1) Describe a mechanical fighter during combat.
Part 2) Describe an intellectual fighter during combat.
Part 3) Explain which fighter has the advantage, if any. If there is no advantage, explain why.
Essay Topic 2
How can a martial art that uses very specific movements be considered simple? Which of Lee's teachings do you find most simple? Which of his teachings could be applied to the world outside of martial arts?
Essay Topic 3
What do you consider to be Lee's most valuable teaching in "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?" Explain your answer.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)