|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee explains that the ______ starts an offensive maneuver as a feint to build up an opening with foot movement.
2. Compound attacks are characterized as _____ with short, fast combinations, or _____ with deep, penetrative, and fast combinations.
3. Lee states that most offensive action is _____, following a _____ or countering an opponent attack.
4. What strategy does Lee use for avoiding a blow without moving the body out of range with straight leads and counters?
5. What does Lee teach a fighter may minimize by feinting, changing body position or using a variety of attacks and defenses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can a beat be used against an opponent who is fast and cannot be feinted?
2. Lee describes the speed of a simple attack as both "smooth and explosive." How might it be possible to achieve this state?
3. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
4. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
5. Describe Lee's concept of the circle with no circumference.
6. What might a fight look like where two fighters have different fighting measures?
7. Lee died before a full and detailed explanation of attacks could be provided. Do you think the editors completed Chapter 7 successfully, or might there be important details missing?
8. How does an empty mind help a fighter?
9. How does rhythm prepare the fighter in Jeet Kune Do?
10. Why does Lee recommend making economical moves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Weapons used in Jeet Kune Do are classified by leg, hand, and elbow techniques, head butt, and miscellaneous groups. Why does Lee consider the body and its actions weapons? How are these weapons different from physical objects that people use in or out of martial arts?
Essay Topic 2
Based on your reading of the text, what are some ways that creativity can be expressed in Jeet Kune Do?
Essay Topic 3
Lee offers a detailed training regimen for Jeet Kune Do students in the text.
Part 1) How might one look at training so it becomes more than just doing a series of exercises?
Part 2) How do you think Lee devised his training plan?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)