|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say a delayed riposte involves for a fighter?
2. What does Lee say fighters may develop to maintain the distance between them?
3. What does Lee call the space a fighter and his opponent have in relation to each other?
4. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
5. What does Lee recommend combining with a parry when fighting an opponent who is faster, taller, or has longer reach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lee died before a full and detailed explanation of attacks could be provided. Do you think the editors completed Chapter 7 successfully, or might there be important details missing?
2. What makes a good feint in Jeet Kune Do threatening?
3. Why did Lee include courage as a principle for "distance in attack?"
4. What type of pressure does Lee imply is used in envelopment?
5. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
6. How does a feint force hesitation while closing the distance?
7. How does rhythm prepare the fighter in Jeet Kune Do?
8. In Chapter 6, Lee says that footwork is better than using arms to avoid kicks or blows. Why does he emphasize footwork?
9. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
10. What state of mind should one have when assuming the fighting stance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do students of Jeet Kune Do show compassion for each other during combat? How do these students show compassion to themselves? How do they show compassion to the world?
Essay Topic 2
Lee identifies six diseases that are proposed as desires. He says they are attachments.
Part 1) Why does Lee consider attachments diseases?
Part 2) Which of the diseases he describes do you feel is most prevalent today?
Part 3) What might Lee suggest to diffuse the problem you have described?
Essay Topic 3
What are some keys in Jeet Kune Do to a successful offense? What are some keys to a successful defense? Does Lee stress one way over the other?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)