|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee believes one should keep his mind in a state of _____ so the freedom of action is never _____.
2. Who does Lee say that counterattacking is safer for?
3. What does Lee teach as a fast forceful backward movement that allows further retreat or stepping forward to attack?
4. What move does Lee claim takes the opponent's hand off target by returning it in a circular motion to the line of engagement?
5. What move does Lee teach for forcing the opponent to move to avoid an apparent attack?
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between "being" and "doing?" Which one does Jeet Kune Do focus on? Include examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree with Lee's claim that Western boxing is overbearing and Eastern martial arts are overprotective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How can one keep the mind empty so the "freedom of action if never obstructed?" What might Lee suggest to a student struggling to keep the mind empty?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)