|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What move does Lee teach that shifts the weight and changes the feet while remaining balanced?
2. Lee states that most offensive action is _____, following a _____ or countering an opponent attack.
3. What does Lee say fighters may develop to maintain the distance between them?
4. A what point of a fight does Bruce Lee recommend the fighter stay loose but poised and use economical movements?
5. What does Lee claim is a denial of one's being?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
2. What makes a good feint in Jeet Kune Do threatening?
3. Why does Lee recommend making economical moves?
4. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
5. Lee died before a full and detailed explanation of attacks could be provided. Do you think the editors completed Chapter 7 successfully, or might there be important details missing?
6. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
7. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
8. How does an empty mind help a fighter?
9. What techniques are described in Chapter 7 that help fighters prepare for effective attacks?
10. Why did Lee include courage as a principle for "distance in attack?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee offers a detailed training regimen for Jeet Kune Do students in the text.
Part 1) How might one look at training so it becomes more than just doing a series of exercises?
Part 2) How do you think Lee devised his training plan?
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree with Lee's claim that Western boxing is overbearing and Eastern martial arts are overprotective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How can a martial art that uses very specific movements be considered simple? Which of Lee's teachings do you find most simple? Which of his teachings could be applied to the world outside of martial arts?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)