|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
2. Lee explains that the ______ starts an offensive maneuver as a feint to build up an opening with foot movement.
3. What does Lee teach is the state one must preserve when the fighting stance is assumed?
4. What does Lee teach as a fast forceful backward movement that allows further retreat or stepping forward to attack?
5. What technique does Lee describe that requires three factors be understood, including the opponent lead to determine the open side of the opponent?
Essay Topic 1
How do students of Jeet Kune Do show compassion for each other during combat? How do these students show compassion to themselves? How do they show compassion to the world?
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree with Lee's claim that Western boxing is overbearing and Eastern martial arts are overprotective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Lee identifies six diseases that are proposed as desires. He says they are attachments.
Part 1) Why does Lee consider attachments diseases?
Part 2) Which of the diseases he describes do you feel is most prevalent today?
Part 3) What might Lee suggest to diffuse the problem you have described?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)