Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
2. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
3. What does Lee claim should be felt before it is seen?
4. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
5. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
2. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
3. How does Lee believe that self-worth is acquired?
4. Why might Lee recommend imagining simple moves to counter an attacking opponent?
5. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
6. What is the benefit of determining cadence?
7. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
8. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
9. What do you imagine a "poker body" might look and feel like?
10. What does Lee mean when he refers to most people as "instruments of others?"
Essay Topic 1
Weapons used in Jeet Kune Do are classified by leg, hand, and elbow techniques, head butt, and miscellaneous groups. Why does Lee consider the body and its actions weapons? How are these weapons different from physical objects that people use in or out of martial arts?
Essay Topic 2
Jeet Kune Do offers a path to self-knowledge. How does Jeet Kune Do help one cultivate self-knowledge? What are some other ways people can attain self-knowledge, besides studying a martial art?
Essay Topic 3
Lee offers a detailed training regimen for Jeet Kune Do students in the text.
Part 1) How might one look at training so it becomes more than just doing a series of exercises?
Part 2) How do you think Lee devised his training plan?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)