|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee states that the on-guard position enables _____ and favorable _____ at the same time.
2. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
3. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
4. Lee recommends a direct or indirect stop-hit to stop the opponent from ______ his attack.
5. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
Short Essay Questions
1. A moon seen under the waves is proposed as an example of moving and not moving. What would be another example of moving and not moving?
2. What are some qualities of a Jeet Kune Do fighter?
3. What benefit does Lee say a fighter has in taking a low-line position?
4. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
5. What makes Jeet Kune Do a simple martial art?
6. What does Lee mean when he says, "The strike should be felt before it is seen?"
7. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
8. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
9. What is the benefit of determining cadence?
10. How does Lee describe muscle tension working like a brake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is strength from weight training alone inadequate? How does Lee propose one develop physical strength? How does one develop spiritual strength?
Essay Topic 2
Lee offers a detailed training regimen for Jeet Kune Do students in the text.
Part 1) How might one look at training so it becomes more than just doing a series of exercises?
Part 2) How do you think Lee devised his training plan?
Essay Topic 3
What can one learn from practicing a martial art where one is attacking and being attacked? How is this different from getting in a fight at school or on the street?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)