|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lee suggest a series of punches end?
2. Which hook is delivered while circling left?
3. What type of posture does Lee say should always be maintained?
4. Why is Bruce Lee confined to his bed?
5. Which move does Lee say is effective as a counterblow, like a loose, snappy punch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
2. What do you imagine a "poker body" might look and feel like?
3. How is reaction time measured?
4. What makes Jeet Kune Do a simple martial art?
5. Name one of Lee's timing exercises that a fighter can practice.
6. A moon seen under the waves is proposed as an example of moving and not moving. What would be another example of moving and not moving?
7. How does Lee describe the "shortened lever" principle?
8. Why might Lee recommend imagining simple moves to counter an attacking opponent?
9. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
10. Why does Lee suggest a wooden doll has no ego?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jeet Kune Do offers a path to self-knowledge. How does Jeet Kune Do help one cultivate self-knowledge? What are some other ways people can attain self-knowledge, besides studying a martial art?
Essay Topic 2
Lee embraces the Zen concept of enlightenment. What does it mean to be enlightened? How can achieving this state help a fighter?
Essay Topic 3
Weapons used in Jeet Kune Do are classified by leg, hand, and elbow techniques, head butt, and miscellaneous groups. Why does Lee consider the body and its actions weapons? How are these weapons different from physical objects that people use in or out of martial arts?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)