|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
2. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
3. What does Lee claim should be felt before it is seen?
4. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
5. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
2. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
3. How does Lee believe that self-worth is acquired?
4. Why might Lee recommend imagining simple moves to counter an attacking opponent?
5. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
6. What is the benefit of determining cadence?
7. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
8. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
9. What do you imagine a "poker body" might look and feel like?
10. What does Lee mean when he refers to most people as "instruments of others?"
Essay Topic 1
Based on your reading of the text, what are some ways that creativity can be expressed in Jeet Kune Do?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jeet Kune Do include chokes and foul tactics, such as skin pinching? Do you feel these tactics should be allowed in any martial art or sport? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a sport, not related to any martial art. Explain how the teachings of Jeet Kune Do could be applied to this sport. How would it help athletes physically and mentally?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)