|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Lee prefer, because it is an area of weakness for most people?
2. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
3. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
4. Who is the main author of the book?
5. What religious tradition does Bruce Lee draw on as a path to enlightenment?
Short Essay Questions
1. A moon seen under the waves is proposed as an example of moving and not moving. What would be another example of moving and not moving?
2. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
3. Who helped Lee in the writing and publication of his book?
4. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
5. What do you imagine a "poker body" might look and feel like?
6. What does Lee see as the purpose of his book?
7. Why does Lee mention tools of judo and ju-jitsu in Chapter 4?
8. Why might Lee recommend imagining simple moves to counter an attacking opponent?
9. How is reaction time measured?
10. Why do Lee and the editor devote so much detail to the on-guard position and proper posture?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jeet Kune Do include chokes and foul tactics, such as skin pinching? Do you feel these tactics should be allowed in any martial art or sport? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are some keys in Jeet Kune Do to a successful offense? What are some keys to a successful defense? Does Lee stress one way over the other?
Essay Topic 3
How can a martial art that uses very specific movements be considered simple? Which of Lee's teachings do you find most simple? Which of his teachings could be applied to the world outside of martial arts?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)