|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee teach consists of hand to hand contact measures that enable one opponent to do combat with another?
2. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
3. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
4. What does increased tissue elasticity reduce?
5. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lee see as the purpose of his book?
2. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
3. Why are the weapons of Jeet Kune Do parts of the body, rather than actual objects?
4. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
5. When is reaction time longer?
6. Why does Lee instruct that a lead hook be used carefully?
7. Why does Lee call Western boxing over-daring?
8. What is the benefit of determining cadence?
9. Why does Lee suggest a wooden doll has no ego?
10. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jeet Kune Do include chokes and foul tactics, such as skin pinching? Do you feel these tactics should be allowed in any martial art or sport? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do students of Jeet Kune Do show compassion for each other during combat? How do these students show compassion to themselves? How do they show compassion to the world?
Essay Topic 3
Lee identifies six diseases that are proposed as desires. He says they are attachments.
Part 1) Why does Lee consider attachments diseases?
Part 2) Which of the diseases he describes do you feel is most prevalent today?
Part 3) What might Lee suggest to diffuse the problem you have described?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)