|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee feels that concentration and vigilance must be _____ to attack with the right timing.
2. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
3. What does increased tissue elasticity reduce?
4. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
5. What may be used to anticipate and intercept the final line of attack if an opponent is making an attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Jeet Kune Do a simple martial art?
2. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
3. How does Lee describe muscle tension working like a brake?
4. Who helped Lee in the writing and publication of his book?
5. Name one of Lee's timing exercises that a fighter can practice.
6. How is reaction time measured?
7. Why do Lee and the editor devote so much detail to the on-guard position and proper posture?
8. When is reaction time longer?
9. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
10. What does Lee mean when he says, "The strike should be felt before it is seen?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is strength from weight training alone inadequate? How does Lee propose one develop physical strength? How does one develop spiritual strength?
Essay Topic 2
Based on your reading of the text, what are some ways that creativity can be expressed in Jeet Kune Do?
Essay Topic 3
What are some keys in Jeet Kune Do to a successful offense? What are some keys to a successful defense? Does Lee stress one way over the other?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)