|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee teaches that quick hitting with leverage and timing regardless of _____ and _____ is the secret of powerful hitting.
2. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
3. Lee states that _____ is filled with life, power, and love of all beings.
4. What concept of enlightenment is used in martial arts?
5. How does Lee suggest a series of punches end?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lee mention tools of judo and ju-jitsu in Chapter 4?
2. What is the benefit of determining cadence?
3. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
4. What benefit does Lee say a fighter has in taking a low-line position?
5. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
6. Why do different types of activities require different warm ups?
7. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
8. Why are the weapons of Jeet Kune Do parts of the body, rather than actual objects?
9. Why might Lee recommend imagining simple moves to counter an attacking opponent?
10. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do students of Jeet Kune Do show compassion for each other during combat? How do these students show compassion to themselves? How do they show compassion to the world?
Essay Topic 2
How can a martial art that uses very specific movements be considered simple? Which of Lee's teachings do you find most simple? Which of his teachings could be applied to the world outside of martial arts?
Essay Topic 3
Jeet Kune Do offers a path to self-knowledge. How does Jeet Kune Do help one cultivate self-knowledge? What are some other ways people can attain self-knowledge, besides studying a martial art?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)