|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce Lee call over-daring because it forbids illegal and unfair tactics?
2. Lee says that a Jeet Kune Do fighter confronts ______, not a ______ of form.
3. What is an ability to recognize or provoke the right moment to act?
4. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
5. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
2. Why does Lee suggest a wooden doll has no ego?
3. Choose one of the types of speed that Lee outlines. Why do you think this type of speed is desirable for the Jeet Kune Do artist?
4. Why does Lee call Western boxing over-daring?
5. Why are the weapons of Jeet Kune Do parts of the body, rather than actual objects?
6. Lee says that a proper spiritual attitude is maintained. What might happen if a fighter does not maintain their spiritual attitude?
7. What is the benefit of determining cadence?
8. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
9. Why does Lee mention tools of judo and ju-jitsu in Chapter 4?
10. What makes Jeet Kune Do a simple martial art?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you consider to be Lee's most valuable teaching in "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?" Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How can a martial art that uses very specific movements be considered simple? Which of Lee's teachings do you find most simple? Which of his teachings could be applied to the world outside of martial arts?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a sport, not related to any martial art. Explain how the teachings of Jeet Kune Do could be applied to this sport. How would it help athletes physically and mentally?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)