|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
2. What does Lee say is the result of training the nervous system to form effective connections or synapses?
3. What concept of enlightenment is used in martial arts?
4. Who is the main author of the book?
5. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the weapons of Jeet Kune Do parts of the body, rather than actual objects?
2. What do you imagine a "poker body" might look and feel like?
3. When is reaction time longer?
4. What does Lee mean when he says, "The strike should be felt before it is seen?"
5. What are some qualities of a Jeet Kune Do fighter?
6. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
7. Who helped Lee in the writing and publication of his book?
8. What makes Jeet Kune Do a simple martial art?
9. How does Lee describe the "shortened lever" principle?
10. Name one of Lee's timing exercises that a fighter can practice.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee embraces the Zen concept of enlightenment. What does it mean to be enlightened? How can achieving this state help a fighter?
Essay Topic 2
What is Jeet Kune Do? Compare and contrast it to other types of fighting or martial arts.
Essay Topic 3
What do you consider to be Lee's most valuable teaching in "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?" Explain your answer.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)