|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious tradition does Bruce Lee draw on as a path to enlightenment?
2. What does Lee describe as the specific rhythm of two fighters executing a series of movements?
3. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
4. Lee teaches that _____ allows one to remain coiled in a loose but compact position.
5. What does Lee describe as dangerous in attack or defense?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lee mean when he refers to most people as "instruments of others?"
2. Why do different types of activities require different warm ups?
3. How can Jeet Kune Do promote healthy self-esteem?
4. Name one of Lee's timing exercises that a fighter can practice.
5. Does Lee prefer faith in imitation or faith in origination?
6. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
7. How is reaction time measured?
8. Why does Lee call Western boxing over-daring?
9. How can a beat be used against an opponent who is fast and cannot be feinted?
10. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you agree with Lee's claim that Western boxing is overbearing and Eastern martial arts are overprotective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Lee embraces the Zen concept of enlightenment. What does it mean to be enlightened? How can achieving this state help a fighter?
Essay Topic 3
What do you consider to be Lee's most valuable teaching in "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?" Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)