|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee instructs that no-contact stopping of attacks inches in front of the target creates a false sense of _____.
2. What can the fighter use to cause his opponent to try to slow down to insure the success of a strike?
3. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
4. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
5. Lee says the uppercut is used in close-quarters but it is useless with fast _____ that stand upright and jab.
Short Essay Questions
1. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
2. What does Lee mean when he says, "The strike should be felt before it is seen?"
3. What benefit does Lee say a fighter has in taking a low-line position?
4. Lee says that a proper spiritual attitude is maintained. What might happen if a fighter does not maintain their spiritual attitude?
5. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
6. What are some qualities of a Jeet Kune Do fighter?
7. Why are the weapons of Jeet Kune Do parts of the body, rather than actual objects?
8. Name one of Lee's timing exercises that a fighter can practice.
9. Choose one of the types of speed that Lee outlines. Why do you think this type of speed is desirable for the Jeet Kune Do artist?
10. What do you imagine a "poker body" might look and feel like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee embraces the Zen concept of enlightenment. What does it mean to be enlightened? How can achieving this state help a fighter?
Essay Topic 2
What do you consider to be Lee's most valuable teaching in "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?" Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is Jeet Kune Do? Compare and contrast it to other types of fighting or martial arts.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)