|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say are small, phasic, or bent-knee?
2. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
3. What does Lee say is the result of training the nervous system to form effective connections or synapses?
4. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
5. What does Bruce Lee call over-daring because it forbids illegal and unfair tactics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author believe Jeet Kune Do is an art?
2. Why do different types of activities require different warm ups?
3. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
4. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
5. Why does Lee mention tools of judo and ju-jitsu in Chapter 4?
6. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
7. What does Lee see as the purpose of his book?
8. Why does Lee suggest a wooden doll has no ego?
9. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
10. Why are the weapons of Jeet Kune Do parts of the body, rather than actual objects?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee describes two types of fighters. One is mechanical. The other is intellectual.
Part 1) Describe a mechanical fighter during combat.
Part 2) Describe an intellectual fighter during combat.
Part 3) Explain which fighter has the advantage, if any. If there is no advantage, explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jeet Kune Do include chokes and foul tactics, such as skin pinching? Do you feel these tactics should be allowed in any martial art or sport? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Lee offers a detailed training regimen for Jeet Kune Do students in the text.
Part 1) How might one look at training so it becomes more than just doing a series of exercises?
Part 2) How do you think Lee devised his training plan?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)