|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say occurs while warming up that reduces viscosity and resistance of muscle to its own movement?
2. What does Lee believe one must eliminate to rise above the limits of karma or destiny?
3. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
4. Who is the main author of the book?
5. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
2. Who helped Lee in the writing and publication of his book?
3. Lee says that a proper spiritual attitude is maintained. What might happen if a fighter does not maintain their spiritual attitude?
4. Why are the weapons of Jeet Kune Do parts of the body, rather than actual objects?
5. How does Lee believe that self-worth is acquired?
6. Why do Lee and the editor devote so much detail to the on-guard position and proper posture?
7. Why do different types of activities require different warm ups?
8. What does Lee mean when he refers to most people as "instruments of others?"
9. Why does Lee instruct that a lead hook be used carefully?
10. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
Essay Topic 1
How can one keep the mind empty so the "freedom of action if never obstructed?" What might Lee suggest to a student struggling to keep the mind empty?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between "being" and "doing?" Which one does Jeet Kune Do focus on? Include examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jeet Kune Do include chokes and foul tactics, such as skin pinching? Do you feel these tactics should be allowed in any martial art or sport? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)