|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Lee suggest an immediate _____ is most effective because it occurs immediately after a(n) _____.
2. What does Lee teach a fighter may minimize by feinting, changing body position or using a variety of attacks and defenses?
(b) Appearing weak.
(c) Losing balance.
(d) Danger of a counter.
3. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
(a) Selecting tactics.
(b) Preliminary analysis.
(c) A character study.
(d) Scientific observation.
4. What does Lee say a long and deep feint draws the opponent into?
(a) A feint.
(b) A trance.
(c) A corner.
(d) A parry.
5. What is the rhythm of the single feint?
6. According to Lee, how are the psychic hindrances of man and surroundings eliminated?
(a) Through eliminating negative thoughts and feelings.
(b) Through a rigid martial arts practice.
(c) Through the process of mastering technical knowledge.
(d) Through living in harmony with nature.
7. Lee believes one should keep his mind in a state of _____ so the freedom of action is never _____.
8. Which Jeet Kune Do technique anticipates the opponent's punch or kick and steps back to take advantage of the opponent's openings?
(d) The sliding roll.
9. What is a counterattack that follows a parry and is determined by the opponent's anticipated reactions?
(a) Renewed attack.
(d) Immobilization attack.
10. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
(a) One to spiral out of control.
(b) A series of circles to become one.
(c) Continuous expansion outward.
(d) One to find peace within.
11. What does Lee teach is the state one must preserve when the fighting stance is assumed?
(b) Power and control.
(c) Spiritual freedom and non-attachment.
12. Where should the execution of the feint start from?
(a) A body's length away from the opponent.
(b) A minimum of three feet away.
(c) The on-guard position.
(d) A side position.
13. How does Lee suggest a feint makes the opponent react?
(a) At a fearful level.
(b) At a reflex level.
(c) At a physical level.
(d) At an intellectual level.
14. A what point of a fight does Bruce Lee recommend the fighter stay loose but poised and use economical movements?
(a) Before initiation of an attack.
(b) After receiving a blow.
(c) Between punches.
(d) Before a fight begins.
15. What does Lee say changes continuously with the speed, agility, and control of fighters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
2. Who does Lee say that counterattacking is safer for?
3. What move does Lee say make the fighter harder to hit and leaves the hands open for attack?
4. What move does Lee claim takes the opponent's hand off target by returning it in a circular motion to the line of engagement?
5. What does Lee suggest has been within people that causes them to be distorted and thought to be lost?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)