|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say changes continuously with the speed, agility, and control of fighters?
2. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(b) Body thrust.
3. Which Jeet Kune Do technique anticipates the opponent's punch or kick and steps back to take advantage of the opponent's openings?
(b) The sliding roll.
4. What does Lee teach is the purpose of a feint?
(a) To improve muscle function.
(b) To use enough motion to deflect a blow.
(c) To reduce an opponent's coordination.
(d) To increase a fighter's arsenal.
5. What follows with the fighter lunging?
(a) A compound parry.
(b) A real evasive thrust.
(c) A semicircular parries.
(d) A false thrust.
6. What does Lee say will vary according to the opponent's skill and training?
(a) Body feel.
7. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
(a) Preliminary analysis.
(b) Selecting tactics.
(c) A character study.
(d) Scientific observation.
8. What does Lee teach is the state one must preserve when the fighting stance is assumed?
(a) Spiritual freedom and non-attachment.
(d) Power and control.
9. Lee says that the key element of Jeet Kune Do is its _____ that permits it to have all technique.
(b) Attention to detail.
(c) Lack of technique.
(d) Openness to ideas.
10. In Chapter 7, Lee suggest an immediate _____ is most effective because it occurs immediately after a(n) _____.
11. What does Lee suggest Jeet Kune Do students should be alert to?
(a) The rigidity of dual comprehension.
(b) Time and space.
(c) Interchangeable opposites.
(d) Technical cunning.
12. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
(a) A series of circles to become one.
(b) One to find peace within.
(c) One to spiral out of control.
(d) Continuous expansion outward.
13. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
(a) The beat.
(b) The parry.
(c) The hand hold.
(d) The bind.
14. Lee teaches that in Jeet Kune Do, combat is a matter of _____.
(c) Following the rules.
15. What does Lee say is consciously unconscious and unconsciously conscious at the same time?
(a) The secret of nirvana.
(c) Jeet Kune Do.
(d) Human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee claims that Jeet Kune Do is not just technique but is a matter of _____ and _____.
2. What does Lee instruct fighters to use to coordinate closing and opening distances?
3. Which Jeet Kune Do move drops the body forward from the waist under swings and hooks to the head?
4. How does Lee suggest a feint makes the opponent react?
5. What does Lee recommend combining with a parry when fighting an opponent who is faster, taller, or has longer reach?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)