|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee claim is a denial of one's being?
2. What does Lee say changes continuously with the speed, agility, and control of fighters?
3. According to Lee, how should the movements of an opponent who is very fast and cannot be feinted, be countered?
(a) With a feint.
(b) With the croise.
(c) With the bind.
(d) With the beat.
4. What is a counterattack that follows a parry and is determined by the opponent's anticipated reactions?
(b) Renewed attack.
(c) Immobilization attack.
5. What move does Lee say make the fighter harder to hit and leaves the hands open for attack?
(d) The body sway.
6. What action does Lee say the feint lures the opponent into making?
(a) A punch.
(b) A parry.
(c) A kick.
(d) A feint.
7. A _____ snaps the body from a straight lead to miss an opponent blow.
(c) Snap back.
8. What does Lee say includes everything and excludes nothing?
(a) Decision making.
9. What follows with the fighter lunging?
(a) A compound parry.
(b) A real evasive thrust.
(c) A false thrust.
(d) A semicircular parries.
10. What is a balanced forward advance of the body through a series of short sliding steps forward?
(a) The side shuffle.
(b) A feint.
(c) A lunge.
(d) The forward shuffle.
11. Who does Lee say that counterattacking is safer for?
(a) The fighter using it.
(b) The fighter receiving it.
(c) Neither fighter has an advantage.
(d) The fighter with more training.
12. What does Lee say is consciously unconscious and unconsciously conscious at the same time?
(a) The secret of nirvana.
(c) Jeet Kune Do.
(d) Human beings.
13. What types of fighters does Lee describe who consider the why, how, and when of each successive encounter?
(a) Black belts.
14. Lee states that most offensive action is _____, following a _____ or countering an opponent attack.
15. What does Lee compare a man's movement to without obstruction?
(a) A flash of lightening.
(b) An old growth tree.
(c) A soaring bird.
(d) A leaf blowing in the wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee conclude is based on feints and actions connected to them?
2. What does Lee say a mind loses if it stops?
3. What does Lee suggest Jeet Kune Do students should be alert to?
4. What does Lee suggest has been within people that causes them to be distorted and thought to be lost?
5. What is the rhythm of the single feint?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)