|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say changes continuously with the speed, agility, and control of fighters?
2. What does Lee recommend combining with a parry when fighting an opponent who is faster, taller, or has longer reach?
(a) The beat.
(b) The feint.
(c) The step back.
(d) The croise.
3. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(a) Body thrust.
4. Which Jeet Kune Do move drops the body forward from the waist under swings and hooks to the head?
5. What does Lee say will vary according to the opponent's skill and training?
(c) Body feel.
6. What does Lee say is consciously unconscious and unconsciously conscious at the same time?
(a) Human beings.
(b) The secret of nirvana.
(d) Jeet Kune Do.
7. How does Lee distinguish the parry from a block?
(a) He says the parry requires more coordination and the block relies on the reflexes.
(b) He says the block using no force but the parry does.
(c) He says the parry is a faster version of a block.
(d) He says the deflecting motion of the parry uses no force and causes the blow to slide off.
8. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
(a) Compound parry.
(b) Circular parry.
(c) Simple parry.
(d) Semicircular parry.
9. What attack occurs in the same line as the original action when the opponent retreats without a parry?
(a) The renewed.
(b) The progressive indirect.
(c) The original.
(d) The delayed.
10. Who does Lee say that counterattacking is safer for?
(a) Neither fighter has an advantage.
(b) The fighter using it.
(c) The fighter with more training.
(d) The fighter receiving it.
11. What types of fighters does Lee describe as using techniques and tactics learned by repetition without considering the reason?
12. Lee explains that the ______ starts an offensive maneuver as a feint to build up an opening with foot movement.
(a) Quick retreat.
(b) Forward shuffle.
13. Which attacks does Lee describe that are started by the fighter to score by pace, fraud, or force?
14. What follows with the fighter lunging?
(a) A compound parry.
(b) A false thrust.
(c) A real evasive thrust.
(d) A semicircular parries.
15. What move does Lee say make the fighter harder to hit and leaves the hands open for attack?
(b) The body sway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What parts of the body does Lee refer to in his instructions for slipping?
2. What does Lee instruct fighters to use to coordinate closing and opening distances?
3. Lee describes the parry as a light and easy sudden ______ of the hand from inside or outside to deflect a blow from ______.
4. What does Lee teach a fighter may minimize by feinting, changing body position or using a variety of attacks and defenses?
5. Which Jeet Kune Do technique anticipates the opponent's punch or kick and steps back to take advantage of the opponent's openings?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)