|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say will vary according to the opponent's skill and training?
(b) Body feel.
2. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
(a) The bind.
(b) The parry.
(c) The hand hold.
(d) The beat.
3. What does Lee say a mind loses if it stops?
(a) Its own fluidity.
(b) Memory and facts.
(c) The potential for enlightenment.
(d) Jeet Kune Do training.
4. How does Lee distinguish the parry from a block?
(a) He says the deflecting motion of the parry uses no force and causes the blow to slide off.
(b) He says the block using no force but the parry does.
(c) He says the parry requires more coordination and the block relies on the reflexes.
(d) He says the parry is a faster version of a block.
5. How many diseases does Lee propose as desires that are attachments?
6. Even the desire to _____, Lee says, is an attachment.
(b) Be void of desire.
(d) Be loved.
7. A _____ snaps the body from a straight lead to miss an opponent blow.
(c) Snap back.
8. What technique does Lee describe that requires three factors be understood, including the opponent lead to determine the open side of the opponent?
(a) Gauging distance.
9. Lee believes that footwork during fighting is preferable to _____.
(c) Standing still.
(d) Upper body work.
10. What does Lee say is the highest priority as techniques mastered are forgotten to float in totality?
11. Where should the execution of the feint start from?
(a) The on-guard position.
(b) A minimum of three feet away.
(c) A body's length away from the opponent.
(d) A side position.
12. What is the rhythm of the single feint?
13. How does Lee suggest a feint makes the opponent react?
(a) At a physical level.
(b) At an intellectual level.
(c) At a fearful level.
(d) At a reflex level.
14. What strategy does Lee use for avoiding a blow without moving the body out of range with straight leads and counters?
15. What types of fighters does Lee describe as using techniques and tactics learned by repetition without considering the reason?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee states that most offensive action is _____, following a _____ or countering an opponent attack.
2. Which Jeet Kune Do move drops the body forward from the waist under swings and hooks to the head?
3. Lee claims that Jeet Kune Do is not just technique but is a matter of _____ and _____.
4. What does Lee teach as a fast forceful backward movement that allows further retreat or stepping forward to attack?
5. Lee describes the parry as a light and easy sudden ______ of the hand from inside or outside to deflect a blow from ______.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)