|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee teaches that in Jeet Kune Do, combat is a matter of _____.
(d) Following the rules.
2. What does Lee suggest Jeet Kune Do students should be alert to?
(a) Time and space.
(b) Interchangeable opposites.
(c) Technical cunning.
(d) The rigidity of dual comprehension.
3. What action does Lee say the feint lures the opponent into making?
(a) A kick.
(b) A punch.
(c) A parry.
(d) A feint.
4. Who does Lee say that counterattacking is safer for?
(a) Neither fighter has an advantage.
(b) The fighter with more training.
(c) The fighter using it.
(d) The fighter receiving it.
5. What technique does Lee describe that requires three factors be understood, including the opponent lead to determine the open side of the opponent?
(c) Gauging distance.
6. What does Lee suggest has been within people that causes them to be distorted and thought to be lost?
(a) A fight or flight response.
(b) A misguided manipulation of things.
(c) A desire to win.
(d) A dominant ego.
7. What does Lee say is consciously unconscious and unconsciously conscious at the same time?
(a) Human beings.
(c) Jeet Kune Do.
(d) The secret of nirvana.
8. Lee describes the parry as a light and easy sudden ______ of the hand from inside or outside to deflect a blow from ______.
(a) Gesture/The fighter.
(b) Movement/Its original path.
(c) Punch/The lower body.
(d) Swing/The face.
9. Which attacks does Lee describe that are started by the fighter to score by pace, fraud, or force?
10. What does Lee say changes continuously with the speed, agility, and control of fighters?
11. Lee explains that the ______ starts an offensive maneuver as a feint to build up an opening with foot movement.
(a) Forward shuffle.
(b) Quick retreat.
12. What does Lee recommend combining with a parry when fighting an opponent who is faster, taller, or has longer reach?
(a) The feint.
(b) The croise.
(c) The step back.
(d) The beat.
13. What does Lee suggest results when there is no center and no circumference?
14. Lee believes that footwork during fighting is preferable to _____.
(a) Standing still.
(b) Upper body work.
15. What move does Lee teach that shifts the weight and changes the feet while remaining balanced?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
2. What does Lee claim is a denial of one's being?
3. In Chapter 7, Lee suggest an immediate _____ is most effective because it occurs immediately after a(n) _____.
4. What does Lee call the four forms of simple attack that include thrusts, simple disengagements, counter-disengagements and cut-overs?
5. What is a counterattack that follows a parry and is determined by the opponent's anticipated reactions?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)