|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
(a) Reading the opponent.
(b) Being unattached.
(c) Selecting tactics.
(d) Preliminary analysis.
2. How many principles does Lee outline for distance in attacks?
3. What is a balanced forward advance of the body through a series of short sliding steps forward?
(a) The forward shuffle.
(b) The side shuffle.
(c) A feint.
(d) A lunge.
4. What is a counterattack that follows a parry and is determined by the opponent's anticipated reactions?
(b) Renewed attack.
(c) Immobilization attack.
5. What move does Lee say can be used to open the line by force or to feint before an attack?
(a) The parry.
(b) The beat.
(c) A compound attack.
6. Compound attacks are characterized as _____ with short, fast combinations, or _____ with deep, penetrative, and fast combinations.
7. The two parts in a feint are a _____ thrust and a _____ evasive thrust.
8. How does Lee suggest a feint makes the opponent react?
(a) At a reflex level.
(b) At a fearful level.
(c) At an intellectual level.
(d) At a physical level.
9. Lee describes the parry as a light and easy sudden ______ of the hand from inside or outside to deflect a blow from ______.
(a) Gesture/The fighter.
(b) Punch/The lower body.
(c) Swing/The face.
(d) Movement/Its original path.
10. What types of fighters does Lee describe who consider the why, how, and when of each successive encounter?
(d) Black belts.
11. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
(a) The parry.
(b) The beat.
(c) The bind.
(d) The hand hold.
12. What does Lee say is made when a fighter decides or opponent movement occurs or fails?
(a) A counter attack.
(b) A point.
(c) An attack.
13. What does Lee say changes continuously with the speed, agility, and control of fighters?
14. A _____ snaps the body from a straight lead to miss an opponent blow.
(c) Snap back.
15. What does Lee say a mind loses if it stops?
(a) The potential for enlightenment.
(b) Jeet Kune Do training.
(c) Its own fluidity.
(d) Memory and facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee call the space a fighter and his opponent have in relation to each other?
2. What technique does Lee describe that requires three factors be understood, including the opponent lead to determine the open side of the opponent?
3. Lee believes one should keep his mind in a state of _____ so the freedom of action is never _____.
4. What does Lee suggest has been within people that causes them to be distorted and thought to be lost?
5. Lee explains that the ______ starts an offensive maneuver as a feint to build up an opening with foot movement.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)