|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee suggest has been within people that causes them to be distorted and thought to be lost?
(a) A desire to win.
(b) A dominant ego.
(c) A fight or flight response.
(d) A misguided manipulation of things.
2. What does Lee recommend combining with a parry when fighting an opponent who is faster, taller, or has longer reach?
(a) The feint.
(b) The beat.
(c) The croise.
(d) The step back.
3. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
(a) One to spiral out of control.
(b) A series of circles to become one.
(c) Continuous expansion outward.
(d) One to find peace within.
4. Which Jeet Kune Do move drops the body forward from the waist under swings and hooks to the head?
5. What does Lee conclude is based on feints and actions connected to them?
(b) Jeet Kune Do.
(c) All sports.
(d) Martial arts.
6. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(a) Body thrust.
7. Lee teaches that in Jeet Kune Do, combat is a matter of _____.
(d) Following the rules.
8. Which Jeet Kune Do technique anticipates the opponent's punch or kick and steps back to take advantage of the opponent's openings?
(d) The sliding roll.
9. What does Lee say is the highest priority as techniques mastered are forgotten to float in totality?
10. What move does Lee teach that shifts the weight and changes the feet while remaining balanced?
11. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
(a) Selecting tactics.
(b) Reading the opponent.
(c) Being unattached.
(d) Preliminary analysis.
12. What attack occurs in the same line as the original action when the opponent retreats without a parry?
(a) The renewed.
(b) The progressive indirect.
(c) The original.
(d) The delayed.
13. What does Lee believe opens spiritual insight?
(d) Jeet Kune Do.
14. According to Lee, how are the psychic hindrances of man and surroundings eliminated?
(a) Through living in harmony with nature.
(b) Through a rigid martial arts practice.
(c) Through the process of mastering technical knowledge.
(d) Through eliminating negative thoughts and feelings.
15. What types of fighters does Lee describe who consider the why, how, and when of each successive encounter?
(d) Black belts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say a delayed riposte involves for a fighter?
2. How many diseases does Lee propose as desires that are attachments?
3. Lee claims that Jeet Kune Do is not just technique but is a matter of _____ and _____.
4. Lee believes that footwork during fighting is preferable to _____.
5. What does Lee compare a man's movement to without obstruction?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)