|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee teaches that in Jeet Kune Do, combat is a matter of _____.
(a) Following the rules.
2. What does Lee claim is a denial of one's being?
3. Lee describes the parry as a light and easy sudden ______ of the hand from inside or outside to deflect a blow from ______.
(a) Gesture/The fighter.
(b) Movement/Its original path.
(c) Swing/The face.
(d) Punch/The lower body.
4. What does Lee suggest has been within people that causes them to be distorted and thought to be lost?
(a) A dominant ego.
(b) A misguided manipulation of things.
(c) A fight or flight response.
(d) A desire to win.
5. What does Lee believe opens spiritual insight?
(b) Jeet Kune Do.
6. Lee believes one should keep his mind in a state of _____ so the freedom of action is never _____.
7. What does Lee teach is the state one must preserve when the fighting stance is assumed?
(a) Power and control.
(c) Spiritual freedom and non-attachment.
8. How does Lee suggest a feint makes the opponent react?
(a) At a fearful level.
(b) At a physical level.
(c) At a reflex level.
(d) At an intellectual level.
9. What move does Lee teach for forcing the opponent to move to avoid an apparent attack?
(a) The feint.
(b) The parry.
(c) The escape.
(d) The counter attack.
10. In Chapter 7, Lee suggest an immediate _____ is most effective because it occurs immediately after a(n) _____.
11. How does Lee distinguish the parry from a block?
(a) He says the deflecting motion of the parry uses no force and causes the blow to slide off.
(b) He says the parry requires more coordination and the block relies on the reflexes.
(c) He says the parry is a faster version of a block.
(d) He says the block using no force but the parry does.
12. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
(a) Scientific observation.
(b) Selecting tactics.
(c) A character study.
(d) Preliminary analysis.
13. Who does Lee say that counterattacking is safer for?
(a) The fighter with more training.
(b) The fighter receiving it.
(c) The fighter using it.
(d) Neither fighter has an advantage.
14. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
(a) The parry.
(b) The bind.
(c) The hand hold.
(d) The beat.
15. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
(a) One to spiral out of control.
(b) A series of circles to become one.
(c) One to find peace within.
(d) Continuous expansion outward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say a mind loses if it stops?
2. What move does Lee teach that shifts the weight and changes the feet while remaining balanced?
3. What strategy does Lee use for avoiding a blow without moving the body out of range with straight leads and counters?
4. What move does Lee say make the fighter harder to hit and leaves the hands open for attack?
5. What does Lee say is the highest priority as techniques mastered are forgotten to float in totality?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)