|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee says that the key element of Jeet Kune Do is its _____ that permits it to have all technique.
(b) Openness to ideas.
(c) Attention to detail.
(d) Lack of technique.
2. What does Lee instruct fighters to use to coordinate closing and opening distances?
(a) An estimation.
(b) Hands and feet.
(c) Arm span.
3. What types of fighters does Lee describe as using techniques and tactics learned by repetition without considering the reason?
4. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
(a) Selecting tactics.
(b) A character study.
(c) Preliminary analysis.
(d) Scientific observation.
5. What is the rhythm of the single feint?
6. How many diseases does Lee propose as desires that are attachments?
7. What follows with the fighter lunging?
(a) A semicircular parries.
(b) A false thrust.
(c) A compound parry.
(d) A real evasive thrust.
8. Lee claims that Jeet Kune Do is not just technique but is a matter of _____ and _____.
(c) Personal spirituality/Physique.
9. How many principles does Lee outline for distance in attacks?
10. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(d) Body thrust.
11. What is a balanced forward advance of the body through a series of short sliding steps forward?
(a) The side shuffle.
(b) A feint.
(c) The forward shuffle.
(d) A lunge.
12. What does Lee suggest results when there is no center and no circumference?
13. What does Lee say is consciously unconscious and unconsciously conscious at the same time?
(a) Jeet Kune Do.
(b) Human beings.
(c) The secret of nirvana.
14. What does Lee suggest Jeet Kune Do students should be alert to?
(a) The rigidity of dual comprehension.
(b) Interchangeable opposites.
(c) Time and space.
(d) Technical cunning.
15. Lee believes one should keep his mind in a state of _____ so the freedom of action is never _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which attacks does Lee describe that are started by the fighter to score by pace, fraud, or force?
2. Lee describes the parry as a light and easy sudden ______ of the hand from inside or outside to deflect a blow from ______.
3. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
4. Lee teaches that in Jeet Kune Do, combat is a matter of _____.
5. How does Lee suggest a feint makes the opponent react?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)