|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Compound attacks are characterized as _____ with short, fast combinations, or _____ with deep, penetrative, and fast combinations.
2. A _____ snaps the body from a straight lead to miss an opponent blow.
(d) Snap back.
3. What does Lee teach a fighter may minimize by feinting, changing body position or using a variety of attacks and defenses?
(a) Appearing weak.
(b) Losing balance.
(c) Danger of a counter.
4. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(d) Body thrust.
5. A what point of a fight does Bruce Lee recommend the fighter stay loose but poised and use economical movements?
(a) Between punches.
(b) After receiving a blow.
(c) Before initiation of an attack.
(d) Before a fight begins.
6. What types of fighters does Lee describe who consider the why, how, and when of each successive encounter?
(a) Black belts.
7. What does Lee call the four forms of simple attack that include thrusts, simple disengagements, counter-disengagements and cut-overs?
(a) Counter attacks.
(b) Compound attacks.
(c) The Power Four.
(d) Renewed attacks.
8. What does Lee suggest results when there is no center and no circumference?
9. Which Jeet Kune Do technique anticipates the opponent's punch or kick and steps back to take advantage of the opponent's openings?
(a) The sliding roll.
10. What move does Lee teach that shifts the weight and changes the feet while remaining balanced?
11. What does Lee say will vary according to the opponent's skill and training?
(d) Body feel.
12. What does Lee say is the highest priority as techniques mastered are forgotten to float in totality?
13. What does Lee believe opens spiritual insight?
(d) Jeet Kune Do.
14. What action does Lee say the feint lures the opponent into making?
(a) A kick.
(b) A punch.
(c) A parry.
(d) A feint.
15. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
(a) Selecting tactics.
(b) Preliminary analysis.
(c) Scientific observation.
(d) A character study.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attack occurs in the same line as the original action when the opponent retreats without a parry?
2. What move does Lee claim takes the opponent's hand off target by returning it in a circular motion to the line of engagement?
3. What does Lee suggest has been within people that causes them to be distorted and thought to be lost?
4. In Chapter 7, Lee suggest an immediate _____ is most effective because it occurs immediately after a(n) _____.
5. Lee says that the key element of Jeet Kune Do is its _____ that permits it to have all technique.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)