|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(d) Body thrust.
2. What does Lee say a mind loses if it stops?
(a) Memory and facts.
(b) Jeet Kune Do training.
(c) The potential for enlightenment.
(d) Its own fluidity.
3. What does Lee say is consciously unconscious and unconsciously conscious at the same time?
(a) The secret of nirvana.
(c) Jeet Kune Do.
(d) Human beings.
4. What types of fighters does Lee describe who consider the why, how, and when of each successive encounter?
(c) Black belts.
5. What does Lee say is made when a fighter decides or opponent movement occurs or fails?
(b) A counter attack.
(c) A point.
(d) An attack.
6. Lee teaches that in Jeet Kune Do, combat is a matter of _____.
(c) Following the rules.
7. What move does Lee say make the fighter harder to hit and leaves the hands open for attack?
(b) The body sway.
8. Who does Lee say that counterattacking is safer for?
(a) The fighter receiving it.
(b) Neither fighter has an advantage.
(c) The fighter using it.
(d) The fighter with more training.
9. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
(a) Reading the opponent.
(b) Selecting tactics.
(c) Being unattached.
(d) Preliminary analysis.
10. Compound attacks are characterized as _____ with short, fast combinations, or _____ with deep, penetrative, and fast combinations.
11. What is a balanced forward advance of the body through a series of short sliding steps forward?
(a) A feint.
(b) The side shuffle.
(c) The forward shuffle.
(d) A lunge.
12. What does Lee conclude is based on feints and actions connected to them?
(a) All sports.
(b) Martial arts.
(c) Jeet Kune Do.
13. According to Lee, how are the psychic hindrances of man and surroundings eliminated?
(a) Through eliminating negative thoughts and feelings.
(b) Through a rigid martial arts practice.
(c) Through living in harmony with nature.
(d) Through the process of mastering technical knowledge.
14. Lee believes that footwork during fighting is preferable to _____.
(a) Standing still.
(c) Upper body work.
15. What does Lee say a long and deep feint draws the opponent into?
(a) A trance.
(b) A corner.
(c) A feint.
(d) A parry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say a delayed riposte involves for a fighter?
2. What does Lee say fighters may develop to maintain the distance between them?
3. What does Lee believe opens spiritual insight?
4. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
5. What does Lee say is the highest priority as techniques mastered are forgotten to float in totality?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)