|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Jeet Kune Do technique anticipates the opponent's punch or kick and steps back to take advantage of the opponent's openings?
(b) The sliding roll.
2. What types of fighters does Lee describe who consider the why, how, and when of each successive encounter?
(d) Black belts.
3. Which Jeet Kune Do move drops the body forward from the waist under swings and hooks to the head?
4. What action does Lee say the feint lures the opponent into making?
(a) A parry.
(b) A punch.
(c) A feint.
(d) A kick.
5. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(d) Body thrust.
6. Lee claims that Jeet Kune Do is not just technique but is a matter of _____ and _____.
(a) Personal spirituality/Physique.
7. What is the rhythm of the single feint?
8. What does Lee suggest results when there is no center and no circumference?
9. What move does Lee claim takes the opponent's hand off target by returning it in a circular motion to the line of engagement?
(a) Engaged force.
(b) The bind.
(c) Semicircular parry.
10. What does Lee suggest has been within people that causes them to be distorted and thought to be lost?
(a) A dominant ego.
(b) A misguided manipulation of things.
(c) A fight or flight response.
(d) A desire to win.
11. What move does Lee teach for forcing the opponent to move to avoid an apparent attack?
(a) The parry.
(b) The escape.
(c) The feint.
(d) The counter attack.
12. What does Lee call the four forms of simple attack that include thrusts, simple disengagements, counter-disengagements and cut-overs?
(a) Counter attacks.
(b) Compound attacks.
(c) The Power Four.
(d) Renewed attacks.
13. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
(a) Semicircular parry.
(b) Circular parry.
(c) Compound parry.
(d) Simple parry.
14. What does Lee say is made when a fighter decides or opponent movement occurs or fails?
(a) An attack.
(b) A counter attack.
(c) A point.
15. A what point of a fight does Bruce Lee recommend the fighter stay loose but poised and use economical movements?
(a) Before initiation of an attack.
(b) After receiving a blow.
(c) Before a fight begins.
(d) Between punches.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lee, how are the psychic hindrances of man and surroundings eliminated?
2. Lee states that most offensive action is _____, following a _____ or countering an opponent attack.
3. What does Lee say includes everything and excludes nothing?
4. What does Lee instruct fighters to use to coordinate closing and opening distances?
5. What is a balanced forward advance of the body through a series of short sliding steps forward?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)