|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
(a) One to find peace within.
(b) A series of circles to become one.
(c) Continuous expansion outward.
(d) One to spiral out of control.
2. What does Lee say is the highest priority as techniques mastered are forgotten to float in totality?
3. What move does Lee teach that shifts the weight and changes the feet while remaining balanced?
4. Which Jeet Kune Do move drops the body forward from the waist under swings and hooks to the head?
5. What does Lee say a long and deep feint draws the opponent into?
(a) A feint.
(b) A parry.
(c) A trance.
(d) A corner.
6. What does Lee call the four forms of simple attack that include thrusts, simple disengagements, counter-disengagements and cut-overs?
(a) Renewed attacks.
(b) Counter attacks.
(c) The Power Four.
(d) Compound attacks.
7. The two parts in a feint are a _____ thrust and a _____ evasive thrust.
8. Lee believes one should keep his mind in a state of _____ so the freedom of action is never _____.
9. Even the desire to _____, Lee says, is an attachment.
(a) Be void of desire.
(b) Be loved.
10. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
(a) Scientific observation.
(b) A character study.
(c) Selecting tactics.
(d) Preliminary analysis.
11. What does Lee recommend combining with a parry when fighting an opponent who is faster, taller, or has longer reach?
(a) The beat.
(b) The step back.
(c) The croise.
(d) The feint.
12. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
(a) The bind.
(b) The parry.
(c) The beat.
(d) The hand hold.
13. Lee teaches that in Jeet Kune Do, combat is a matter of _____.
(b) Following the rules.
14. What parts of the body does Lee refer to in his instructions for slipping?
(b) Hands and feet.
(c) Shoulders and head.
15. Lee claims that Jeet Kune Do is not just technique but is a matter of _____ and _____.
(b) Personal spirituality/Physique.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
2. What follows with the fighter lunging?
3. How many principles does Lee outline for distance in attacks?
4. What does Lee suggest results when there is no center and no circumference?
5. What does Lee call the space a fighter and his opponent have in relation to each other?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)