|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee compare a man's movement to without obstruction?
(a) A flash of lightening.
(b) A soaring bird.
(c) A leaf blowing in the wind.
(d) An old growth tree.
2. What attack occurs in the same line as the original action when the opponent retreats without a parry?
(a) The renewed.
(b) The delayed.
(c) The original.
(d) The progressive indirect.
3. Even the desire to _____, Lee says, is an attachment.
(b) Be void of desire.
(d) Be loved.
4. Which attacks does Lee describe that are started by the fighter to score by pace, fraud, or force?
5. The two parts in a feint are a _____ thrust and a _____ evasive thrust.
6. What does Lee call the four forms of simple attack that include thrusts, simple disengagements, counter-disengagements and cut-overs?
(a) The Power Four.
(b) Renewed attacks.
(c) Counter attacks.
(d) Compound attacks.
7. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
(a) The bind.
(b) The beat.
(c) The hand hold.
(d) The parry.
8. Which Jeet Kune Do technique anticipates the opponent's punch or kick and steps back to take advantage of the opponent's openings?
(c) The sliding roll.
9. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
(a) Semicircular parry.
(b) Circular parry.
(c) Compound parry.
(d) Simple parry.
10. Compound attacks are characterized as _____ with short, fast combinations, or _____ with deep, penetrative, and fast combinations.
11. What does Lee believe opens spiritual insight?
(d) Jeet Kune Do.
12. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(b) Body thrust.
13. How does Lee suggest a feint makes the opponent react?
(a) At a physical level.
(b) At a fearful level.
(c) At a reflex level.
(d) At an intellectual level.
14. Lee says that the key element of Jeet Kune Do is its _____ that permits it to have all technique.
(b) Attention to detail.
(c) Lack of technique.
(d) Openness to ideas.
15. What does Lee say a mind loses if it stops?
(a) Its own fluidity.
(b) Memory and facts.
(c) The potential for enlightenment.
(d) Jeet Kune Do training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where should the execution of the feint start from?
2. What does Lee teach a fighter may minimize by feinting, changing body position or using a variety of attacks and defenses?
3. Lee explains that the ______ starts an offensive maneuver as a feint to build up an opening with foot movement.
4. According to Lee, how are the psychic hindrances of man and surroundings eliminated?
5. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)