|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two parts in a feint are a _____ thrust and a _____ evasive thrust.
2. According to Lee, how should the movements of an opponent who is very fast and cannot be feinted, be countered?
(a) With a feint.
(b) With the bind.
(c) With the croise.
(d) With the beat.
3. What does Lee call the four forms of simple attack that include thrusts, simple disengagements, counter-disengagements and cut-overs?
(a) Renewed attacks.
(b) The Power Four.
(c) Counter attacks.
(d) Compound attacks.
4. What does Lee say includes everything and excludes nothing?
(a) Decision making.
5. How does Lee suggest a feint makes the opponent react?
(a) At a reflex level.
(b) At an intellectual level.
(c) At a physical level.
(d) At a fearful level.
6. What parts of the body does Lee refer to in his instructions for slipping?
(b) Shoulders and head.
(d) Hands and feet.
7. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
(a) Reading the opponent.
(b) Preliminary analysis.
(c) Selecting tactics.
(d) Being unattached.
8. What move does Lee say can be used to open the line by force or to feint before an attack?
(a) A compound attack.
(b) The parry.
(c) The beat.
9. Compound attacks are characterized as _____ with short, fast combinations, or _____ with deep, penetrative, and fast combinations.
10. What does Lee say is the highest priority as techniques mastered are forgotten to float in totality?
11. What does Lee teach is the purpose of a feint?
(a) To increase a fighter's arsenal.
(b) To improve muscle function.
(c) To use enough motion to deflect a blow.
(d) To reduce an opponent's coordination.
12. What does Lee suggest results when there is no center and no circumference?
13. What does Lee say changes continuously with the speed, agility, and control of fighters?
14. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(a) Body thrust.
15. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
(a) Simple parry.
(b) Circular parry.
(c) Compound parry.
(d) Semicircular parry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say a long and deep feint draws the opponent into?
2. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
3. Which Jeet Kune Do move drops the body forward from the waist under swings and hooks to the head?
4. What strategy does Lee use for avoiding a blow without moving the body out of range with straight leads and counters?
5. What does Lee suggest Jeet Kune Do students should be alert to?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)