|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even the desire to _____, Lee says, is an attachment.
(a) Be loved.
(c) Be void of desire.
2. What does Lee say includes everything and excludes nothing?
(c) Decision making.
3. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
(a) Compound parry.
(b) Semicircular parry.
(c) Simple parry.
(d) Circular parry.
4. According to Lee, how are the psychic hindrances of man and surroundings eliminated?
(a) Through living in harmony with nature.
(b) Through eliminating negative thoughts and feelings.
(c) Through a rigid martial arts practice.
(d) Through the process of mastering technical knowledge.
5. What does Lee call the four forms of simple attack that include thrusts, simple disengagements, counter-disengagements and cut-overs?
(a) Counter attacks.
(b) Compound attacks.
(c) Renewed attacks.
(d) The Power Four.
6. Lee says that the key element of Jeet Kune Do is its _____ that permits it to have all technique.
(a) Lack of technique.
(c) Attention to detail.
(d) Openness to ideas.
7. What move does Lee teach for forcing the opponent to move to avoid an apparent attack?
(a) The counter attack.
(b) The parry.
(c) The feint.
(d) The escape.
8. How many principles does Lee outline for distance in attacks?
9. What does Lee teach is the state one must preserve when the fighting stance is assumed?
(c) Power and control.
(d) Spiritual freedom and non-attachment.
10. What does Lee say changes continuously with the speed, agility, and control of fighters?
11. The two parts in a feint are a _____ thrust and a _____ evasive thrust.
12. What is a balanced forward advance of the body through a series of short sliding steps forward?
(a) A feint.
(b) The forward shuffle.
(c) The side shuffle.
(d) A lunge.
13. What move does Lee say can be used to open the line by force or to feint before an attack?
(a) A compound attack.
(b) The parry.
(c) The beat.
14. What is a counterattack that follows a parry and is determined by the opponent's anticipated reactions?
(b) Renewed attack.
(d) Immobilization attack.
15. Which attacks does Lee describe that are started by the fighter to score by pace, fraud, or force?
Short Answer Questions
1. What technique does Lee describe that requires three factors be understood, including the opponent lead to determine the open side of the opponent?
2. What does Lee believe opens spiritual insight?
3. Compound attacks are characterized as _____ with short, fast combinations, or _____ with deep, penetrative, and fast combinations.
4. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
5. What does Lee teach is the purpose of a feint?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)