|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say includes everything and excludes nothing?
(a) Decision making.
2. How does Lee distinguish the parry from a block?
(a) He says the deflecting motion of the parry uses no force and causes the blow to slide off.
(b) He says the parry requires more coordination and the block relies on the reflexes.
(c) He says the parry is a faster version of a block.
(d) He says the block using no force but the parry does.
3. What action does Lee say the feint lures the opponent into making?
(a) A parry.
(b) A feint.
(c) A kick.
(d) A punch.
4. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
(a) Circular parry.
(b) Compound parry.
(c) Semicircular parry.
(d) Simple parry.
5. What does Lee recommend combining with a parry when fighting an opponent who is faster, taller, or has longer reach?
(a) The step back.
(b) The beat.
(c) The croise.
(d) The feint.
6. Lee believes one should keep his mind in a state of _____ so the freedom of action is never _____.
7. What is a balanced forward advance of the body through a series of short sliding steps forward?
(a) The forward shuffle.
(b) A feint.
(c) A lunge.
(d) The side shuffle.
8. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(a) Body thrust.
9. Which attacks does Lee describe that are started by the fighter to score by pace, fraud, or force?
10. What does Lee say is made when a fighter decides or opponent movement occurs or fails?
(a) A counter attack.
(c) A point.
(d) An attack.
11. Lee believes that footwork during fighting is preferable to _____.
(b) Standing still.
(c) Upper body work.
12. What is the rhythm of the single feint?
13. What does Lee teach is the state one must preserve when the fighting stance is assumed?
(a) Power and control.
(c) Spiritual freedom and non-attachment.
14. Which Jeet Kune Do move drops the body forward from the waist under swings and hooks to the head?
15. What technique does Lee describe that requires three factors be understood, including the opponent lead to determine the open side of the opponent?
(c) Gauging distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
2. What types of fighters does Lee describe who consider the why, how, and when of each successive encounter?
3. Lee teaches that in Jeet Kune Do, combat is a matter of _____.
4. How does Lee suggest a feint makes the opponent react?
5. How many diseases does Lee propose as desires that are attachments?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)