|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say a long and deep feint draws the opponent into?
(a) A trance.
(b) A parry.
(c) A corner.
(d) A feint.
2. How many principles does Lee outline for distance in attacks?
3. According to Lee, how are the psychic hindrances of man and surroundings eliminated?
(a) Through living in harmony with nature.
(b) Through a rigid martial arts practice.
(c) Through the process of mastering technical knowledge.
(d) Through eliminating negative thoughts and feelings.
4. Lee describes the parry as a light and easy sudden ______ of the hand from inside or outside to deflect a blow from ______.
(a) Punch/The lower body.
(b) Swing/The face.
(c) Movement/Its original path.
(d) Gesture/The fighter.
5. What parts of the body does Lee refer to in his instructions for slipping?
(c) Shoulders and head.
(d) Hands and feet.
6. What does Lee say a delayed riposte involves for a fighter?
(b) Quick execution.
(c) A back shuffle.
7. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(c) Body thrust.
8. Who does Lee say that counterattacking is safer for?
(a) The fighter using it.
(b) The fighter with more training.
(c) Neither fighter has an advantage.
(d) The fighter receiving it.
9. What does Lee teach is the state one must preserve when the fighting stance is assumed?
(a) Spiritual freedom and non-attachment.
(d) Power and control.
10. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
(a) A series of circles to become one.
(b) One to find peace within.
(c) Continuous expansion outward.
(d) One to spiral out of control.
11. What does Lee suggest has been within people that causes them to be distorted and thought to be lost?
(a) A desire to win.
(b) A dominant ego.
(c) A misguided manipulation of things.
(d) A fight or flight response.
12. What does Lee claim is a denial of one's being?
13. Compound attacks are characterized as _____ with short, fast combinations, or _____ with deep, penetrative, and fast combinations.
14. What move does Lee say can be used to open the line by force or to feint before an attack?
(a) A compound attack.
(c) The beat.
(d) The parry.
15. What is the rhythm of the single feint?
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of fighters does Lee describe who consider the why, how, and when of each successive encounter?
2. What does Lee teach as a fast forceful backward movement that allows further retreat or stepping forward to attack?
3. What does Lee compare a man's movement to without obstruction?
4. What move does Lee claim takes the opponent's hand off target by returning it in a circular motion to the line of engagement?
5. In Chapter 7, Lee suggest an immediate _____ is most effective because it occurs immediately after a(n) _____.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)