|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Deborah and Danny decide to do for their date?
(a) They are going to the beach.
(b) He is taking her out to dinner.
(c) She is coming to his apartment to cook dinner.
(d) They are going to the theater.
2. To what does Deborah compare her efforts at coming to grips with herself?
(a) A water ballet.
(b) A wrestling match.
(c) A puzzle.
(d) A tightrope walk.
3. What does Deborah claim to be when Danny tries to pick her up?
(a) A man.
(b) A Lesbian.
(c) A leper.
(d) A deaf woman.
4. In what year does the play take place?
5. What are Deborah and Joan talking about in their apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Danny spot Deborah?
2. Which scene in the play bears the most similarity to the final scene?
3. Why is Bernie offended by the women on the beach?
4. How much time did Bernie spend in Korea?
5. What place does Danny want Deborah to ask Bernie about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two words did Deborah's mother mishear during Deborah's childhood?
2. Why have Bernie and Danny gone to the beach?
3. How does Danny attempt to pick up Deborah in the library?
4. How do Bernie and Danny feel about the women on the beach?
5. What does Joan do when she discovers the children playing doctor?
6. When Danny gets angry and kicks the elevator, what advice does Bernie give him?
7. Why is Bernie so offended by Joan's dismissal at the singles bar?
8. Why won't Danny talk to Bernie about he and Deborah's sex life?
9. In the movie theater, who does Bernie think looks like Deborah?
10. After running into Joan at Deborah's apartment, what question does Danny ask her and why?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)