|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the King do to the girls after he was done with them?
(a) He would hit them in the head with a ball-peen hammer.
(b) He would erase their memories.
(c) He would arrest them and throw them in jail.
(d) He would give them money and send them on their way.
2. How does Bernie think he can attract women?
(a) By bringing them flowers.
(b) By treating them badly.
(c) By buying a new car.
(d) By wearing cologne.
3. Why are Bernie and Danny in the toy department at Marshall's Fields?
(a) They are shopping for Bernie's nephew Bobby.
(b) They are shopping for Danny's nephew Bobby.
(c) They are picking up women.
(d) They are shopping for Deborah's niece Bobby.
4. What television show does Bernie reference when talking about Korea?
(a) The Days of Our Lives.
(b) Charlie's Angels.
5. Do Joan and Danny get along?
(a) No, they despise each other.
(b) Yes, outwardly, but secretly they hate each other.
(c) Sometimes, they have an on-again-off-again friendship.
(d) Yes, they are best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Deborah's mother confuse for "cookie" in Deborah's childhood?
2. What game does Joan think the two children in the nursery school are playing?
3. According to Bernie, a nice pair of legs is like what?
4. What does Danny do for work?
5. Which scene in the play bears the most similarity to the final scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. After they sleep together for the first time, what do Danny and Deborah agree to do next?
2. Why is Bernie so offended by Joan's dismissal at the singles bar?
3. After Bernie realizes Danny is serious about Deborah, what warning does he give?
4. When Danny gets angry and kicks the elevator, what advice does Bernie give him?
5. Why have Bernie and Danny gone to the beach?
6. What is the significance of Deborah and Danny's fight over the shampoo?
7. As Danny helps Deborah move out of her apartment, how does Joan behave?
8. What is Bernie's explanation for what constitutes a "pro"?
9. How is Act 26, when Danny is awake and Deborah is asleep, juxtaposed with the other scenes where they are in bed together?
10. What story does Joan tell her kindergartners?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)