|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which scene in the play bears the most similarity to the final scene?
(a) The fifth scene.
(b) The seventh scene.
(c) The first scene.
(d) The tenth scene.
2. What incident does Bernie reveal about his childhood?
(a) He was orphaned at a young age.
(b) He was molested by a man as a child.
(c) He was adopted by his aunt and uncle.
(d) He lost a younger sibling.
3. What, while Deborah has been at Danny's, does Joan claim has died?
(a) Deborah's plants.
(b) Deborah's dog.
(c) Deborah's cat.
(d) Deborah's fish.
4. What does Deborah order to drink at the bar?
(a) A vodka soda.
(b) Jack Daniels on the rocks.
(c) A beer.
(d) A Perrier with lime.
5. Who does Danny insult as he and Deborah split up their belongings?
(a) Joan and Deborah.
(c) Bernie and Joan.
(d) Deborah's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan say that upsets Bernie?
2. What does Bernie tell Joan he does for a living?
3. What would the King do to the girls after he was done with them?
4. What aspects of Joan and Deborah does Danny attack?
5. What type of cigarettes does the girl purchase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Danny frightened to confess his love to Deborah?
2. After running into Joan at Deborah's apartment, what question does Danny ask her and why?
3. What is the significance of Deborah and Danny's fight over the shampoo?
4. What sexual problem did Joan have with her previous boyfriend?
5. What is Bernie trying to prove when he describes his sexual escapade on the phone in front of Danny?
6. Why is Bernie so offended by Joan's dismissal at the singles bar?
7. What does Joan do when she discovers the children playing doctor?
8. Why won't Danny talk to Bernie about he and Deborah's sex life?
9. What question regarding religion and sex does Bernie's television program pose?
10. What is Bernie's explanation for what constitutes a "pro"?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)