|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What television show does Bernie reference when talking about Korea?
(b) Charlie's Angels.
(d) The Days of Our Lives.
2. What trick does Bernie think the pornographic movie is using to prolong the action?
(a) He thinks they study karma sutra.
(b) He thinks they change the camera angles.
(c) He thinks they change actors.
(d) He thinks it is a computer generated image.
3. What congressional amendment does Bernie declaim in his office?
(a) The Property Tax Amendment.
(b) The Equal Rights Amendment.
(c) The Segregation Amendment.
(d) The Recycling Amendment.
4. Who does the girl phone while having sex with Bernie?
(a) Danny, Bernie's friend.
(b) Patrice, her friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The police.
5. What household item does Deborah feel Danny compares her to?
(a) A coffee maker.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A toaster.
(d) A teapot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching the TV program at 3 AM?
2. At their apartment, what does Joan reveal was a problem with her last boyfriend?
3. In what year does the play take place?
4. Which scene in the play bears the most similarity to the final scene?
5. What, while Deborah has been at Danny's, does Joan claim has died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernie say about Deborah's profession, upon meeting her for the first time?
2. Why have Bernie and Danny gone to the beach?
3. Why won't Danny talk to Bernie about he and Deborah's sex life?
4. What does Joan do when she discovers the children playing doctor?
5. Why is Bernie so offended by Joan's dismissal at the singles bar?
6. What two things does Bernie suggest to Danny about attracting women?
7. Why is Danny frightened to confess his love to Deborah?
8. After Bernie realizes Danny is serious about Deborah, what warning does he give?
9. What are Bernie's feelings about the Equal Rights Amendment?
10. As Danny helps Deborah move out of her apartment, how does Joan behave?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)