|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the North Country, what might the ducks see here and there?
(a) A Polar Bear.
(b) A Frenchman.
(c) A Panda Bear.
(d) A Mountie.
2. George tries to comfort Emil by assuring him that what animal is in the zoo?
3. What, according to George, is the Law of Life?
(a) Some must die so that others can live.
(b) Make new friends, but keep the old.
(c) A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
(d) Treat others as you would like to be treated.
4. What does Emil think the old men of the Ancient Greeks were incapable of doing?
(d) Appreciating ducks.
5. How does George describe ducks' migration?
(a) Ducks are extremely psychologically deep and complicated.
(b) Ducks have an internal GPS system.
(c) Ducks like to land in his backyard.
(d) Ducks like to go where it's nice at that time.
6. When is Duck Season?
(a) Several weeks in the fall and spring.
(b) Three days in the summer.
(c) Never, killing ducks is illegal.
(d) Three weeks in the winter.
7. What does George think separates men from boys?
(b) Waking up at dawn.
(c) Age sixteen.
8. What is a blatter?
(a) A tool used for calling ducks.
(b) An organ in the body.
(c) A phrase that means talkative.
(d) A type of duck.
9. What other groups of animals fly, though not in the same category as birds?
10. What does Emil claim is happening to fish in Australia?
(a) They are changing color.
(b) They are migrating north.
(c) They are going blind from lack of sun.
(d) They are growing lungs and crawling out of the water.
11. What do George and Emil think of the world?
(a) They think the world is on the right track.
(b) They think the world is ending.
(c) They think the world is self-destructive.
(d) They think the world is perfect.
12. How long does Emil say man has watched birds?
13. According to George, has the hunter been able to shoot the duck?
(a) They will never know.
(d) It is unimportant.
14. George claims the balance of nature is dependent upon what?
(b) Naturalist conservators.
(d) A professional spectator sport.
15. According to George and Emil, what has a purpose?
(a) Only certain things at specific times.
(d) Only certain things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George claim thrives from living alone?
2. What does Emil think is a crying shame?
3. What group of people does George say are modeled after animals?
4. Who is the hereditary Enemy of the Duck?
5. What does Emil think the duck lacks in his life?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)