|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emil sometimes hurt by going to the park?
(a) He is reminded of a friend's death.
(b) He is unsteady and trips on the stairs.
(c) The park animals are wild and vicious.
(d) The only place he has to go from the park is home.
2. According to George, the duck is full of what?
3. What does Emil claim is happening to fish in Australia?
(a) They are changing color.
(b) They are growing lungs and crawling out of the water.
(c) They are going blind from lack of sun.
(d) They are migrating north.
4. What does Emil think the old men of the Ancient Greeks were incapable of doing?
(a) Appreciating ducks.
5. What is a blatter?
(a) A tool used for calling ducks.
(b) A type of duck.
(c) An organ in the body.
(d) A phrase that means talkative.
6. What is Emil angry that he can no longer burn?
7. Despite differing opinions on many issues, what can George and Emil always agree on?
(a) They always agree on historical facts.
(b) They always agree on the importance of the ducks.
(c) They always agree on the significance of the Park.
(d) They always agree on the hunting law in the US.
8. Where has George read about the balance of nature and major league sports?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) An online blogger.
(d) The New York Times.
9. According to George, has the hunter been able to shoot the duck?
(a) They will never know.
(b) It is unimportant.
10. George tries to comfort Emil by assuring him that what animal is in the zoo?
11. At a hunting, what is the first sign of an approaching duck?
(d) Its scent on the wind.
12. What did Ancient Greek men used to feed ducks?
13. According to George and Emil, what has a purpose?
(a) Only certain things at specific times.
(d) Only certain things.
14. What is one of the important things needed to hunt a duck?
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) Good eyesight.
15. When is Duck Season?
(a) Three weeks in the winter.
(b) Several weeks in the fall and spring.
(c) Three days in the summer.
(d) Never, killing ducks is illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the duck after being shot?
2. What, according to George, is the Law of Life?
3. What does Emil think is a crying shame?
4. George takes no issue with people spending money on what?
5. What place does Emil think may be more trouble than it is worth?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)