|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the girl phone while having sex with Bernie?
(a) Danny, Bernie's friend.
(b) The police.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Patrice, her friend.
2. What does she plan to do with the children?
(a) Report to the nurse's office.
(b) Put them in the corner.
(c) Expel them from school.
(d) Call their parents.
3. What do Bernie and Danny think the woman is doing on the beach?
(a) They think she is exercising.
(b) They think she is a lifeguard.
(c) They think she is flaunting herself.
(d) They think she is husband hunting.
4. What incident does Bernie reveal about his childhood?
(a) He was adopted by his aunt and uncle.
(b) He was orphaned at a young age.
(c) He lost a younger sibling.
(d) He was molested by a man as a child.
5. What does Bernie throw at the girl after hitting her with the towel?
(a) A GE clock radio.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A medicine ball.
(d) A monkey wrench.
6. What does Deborah claim to be when Danny tries to pick her up?
(a) A deaf woman.
(b) A man.
(c) A Lesbian.
(d) A leper.
7. Where did Bernie and the girl meet?
(a) At Commonwealth.
(b) At Yak-Zies.
(c) At Grunts.
(d) At Daly's.
8. What does Danny feel that Deborah is doing to him?
(a) He feels she is pushing him.
(b) He feels she is abusing him.
(c) He feels she is abandoning him.
(d) He feels she is forgetting him.
9. When the woman ignores Bernie and Danny after they say hello, what do they think is wrong with her?
(a) They think she is a lesbian.
(b) They think she is insane.
(c) They think she is a blind woman.
(d) They think she is a deaf woman.
10. When they make love, what does Deborah fantasize about?
(b) Other women.
11. How long does Joan think it will take for Deborah's and Danny's relationship to end?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
12. What is Deborah's job?
(a) She is a kindergarten teacher.
(b) She is an illustrator.
(c) She is a bartender.
(d) She is a writer.
13. To what does Deborah compare her efforts at coming to grips with herself?
(a) A puzzle.
(b) A wrestling match.
(c) A water ballet.
(d) A tightrope walk.
14. What does Bernie think will happen in Danny and Deborah's relationship?
(a) He thinks they are destined for marriage.
(b) He thinks Danny will dump her in a few weeks.
(c) He thinks Deborah will marry him instead.
(d) He thinks Deborah will dump him in a few weeks.
15. Where does Danny work?
(a) In the Little Five Points.
(b) On the Green.
(c) On the Rock.
(d) In the Loop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joan's class ask questions about what word in the story?
2. According to Bernie, a nice pair of legs is like what?
3. What game does Joan think the two children in the nursery school are playing?
4. Do Joan and Danny get along?
5. How does Danny feel after telling Deborah he loves her?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)