|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Deborah compare her efforts at coming to grips with herself?
(a) A water ballet.
(b) A tightrope walk.
(c) A puzzle.
(d) A wrestling match.
2. What are Deborah and Joan talking about in their apartment?
3. Who does Danny think he sees on the beach?
4. What does the girl pull out from under her bed?
(a) A World War II flak suit.
(b) A video camera.
(c) A live cat.
(d) A brand new Prada bag.
5. What does Danny think the incident may have done to Bernie?
(a) It may have caused his separation anxiety.
(b) It may have damaged him as a human being.
(c) It may have attributed to his homosexual tendencies.
(d) It may have sparked his alcoholism.
6. Where did Danny spot Deborah?
(a) At the Art Institute.
(b) At the public library.
(c) At an upscale restaurant.
(d) In the park.
7. What does Joan say that upsets Bernie?
(a) She does not find him sexually attractive.
(b) She has a husband and baby at home.
(c) She is a serial killer.
(d) She does not like dogs.
8. What would the King do to the girls after he was done with them?
(a) He would hit them in the head with a ball-peen hammer.
(b) He would arrest them and throw them in jail.
(c) He would give them money and send them on their way.
(d) He would erase their memories.
9. What is the one thing Deborah really wants Danny to talk to her about?
(a) She wants to talk about marriage.
(b) She wants to talk about Faulkner.
(c) She wants to talk about his childhood.
(d) She wants to talk about his feelings.
10. When does Bernie claim to have been in Korea?
11. Why does Bernie leave the girl?
(a) She has set the room on fire.
(b) He becomes suddenly ill.
(c) He has injured himself.
(d) She tells him she loves him.
12. Who does the girl phone while having sex with Bernie?
(a) Patrice, her friend.
(b) Danny, Bernie's friend.
(c) The police.
(d) Her mother.
13. What is Deborah's job?
(a) She is a kindergarten teacher.
(b) She is an illustrator.
(c) She is a writer.
(d) She is a bartender.
14. What does Deborah claim to be when Danny tries to pick her up?
(a) A deaf woman.
(b) A Lesbian.
(c) A man.
(d) A leper.
15. What incident does Bernie reveal about his childhood?
(a) He was orphaned at a young age.
(b) He lost a younger sibling.
(c) He was adopted by his aunt and uncle.
(d) He was molested by a man as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Bernie think the girl was?
2. What does Joan do for a living?
3. What does Bernie think Danny has lost over his relationship with Deborah?
4. What television show does Bernie reference when talking about Korea?
5. Who does Bernie think is working behind the game counter?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)