|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joan's class ask questions about what word in the story?
2. According to Bernie, a nice pair of legs is like what?
(a) A cool breeze.
(b) A shelf full of books.
(c) Money from home.
(d) A stroll in the park.
3. What does Danny think the incident may have done to Bernie?
(a) It may have sparked his alcoholism.
(b) It may have damaged him as a human being.
(c) It may have attributed to his homosexual tendencies.
(d) It may have caused his separation anxiety.
4. Why is Bernie offended by the women on the beach?
(a) He feels they are inappropriately dressed.
(b) They are all extremely rude to him.
(c) He feels they are too young to wear bikinis.
(d) They are flaunting their bodies, and he just wants to enjoy the beach.
5. What incident does Bernie reveal about his childhood?
(a) He was adopted by his aunt and uncle.
(b) He lost a younger sibling.
(c) He was orphaned at a young age.
(d) He was molested by a man as a child.
6. What confession does Danny make to Deborah?
(a) He is married.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He is leaving town in the morning.
(d) He has stolen her money.
7. What does Bernie think Danny has lost over his relationship with Deborah?
(a) He has lost his money.
(b) He has lost his perspective.
(c) He has lost his sense of importance.
(d) He has lost his apartment.
8. What type of cigarettes does the girl purchase?
(b) American Spirits.
9. Who does Danny think he sees on the beach?
10. What does Joan do for a living?
(a) She is a lawyer.
(b) She is a kindergarten teacher.
(c) She is an accountant.
(d) She is an Assistant Office Manager.
11. What does the girl pull out from under her bed?
(a) A video camera.
(b) A brand new Prada bag.
(c) A World War II flak suit.
(d) A live cat.
12. What aspects of Joan and Deborah does Danny attack?
(a) He attacks their ability to make love.
(b) He attacks their emotional instability.
(c) He attacks their sense of style.
(d) He attacks their taste in music.
13. Why does Bernie disagree with Danny about the woman's identity?
(a) He thinks the woman on the beach has more class.
(b) He thinks the woman on the beach has different colored hair.
(c) He thinks the woman on the beach is his soulmate.
(d) He thinks the woman on the beach is trashier.
14. What does Bernie throw at the girl after hitting her with the towel?
(a) A monkey wrench.
(b) A medicine ball.
(c) A GE clock radio.
(d) A pillow.
15. What television show does Bernie reference when talking about Korea?
(a) Charlie's Angels.
(d) The Days of Our Lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan say that upsets Bernie?
2. Where does Danny work?
3. What astrological sign do Danny, Deborah, and Bernie have in common?
4. How long does Deborah stay at Danny's apartment, according to Joan?
5. What does she plan to do with the children?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)