Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
2. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
3. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
4. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
5. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
It seems that most of the places where Barbara worked didn't want to give employees any time off or any breaks.
Part 1: Why do you think the places of employment were unwilling to give breaks to the workers?
Part 2: What do you think may have happened to morale and productivity if the employees had been allowed to take breaks?
Part 3: Why do you think breaks are necessary within the course of a working shift?
The working conditions in which you work might change you, according to Barbara.
Part 1: Why might the working conditions in which you are placed change the person you are?
Part 2: How do companies attempt to reshape and to mold the employees they have hired?
Part 3: What do you think happens when some people refuse to change for the job in which they have been hired? Why?
It could be said that the author's own personal experiences are influencing the way she sees the situations around her.
Part 1: How does one's past affect the way they see the future, do you think?
Part 2: In what ways are the author's descriptions and experiences influenced by her education and her past experiences?
Part 3: Do you think the author could ever be completely objective? Why or why not?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)