Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
2. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
3. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
4. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
5. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
Essay Topic 1
The idea of poverty is one of the most complex issues this world seems to be unable and often unwilling to tackle.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of poverty? Can there be only one definition? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think poverty is so hard for governments to manage?
Part 3: Why do you think people slide into poverty and poverty-conditions?
Essay Topic 2
While at times it seems that coworkers band together to help each other out, at other times, they treat each other as though they were unaware of the other's existence.
Part 1: Why do you think coworkers band together at some points of a minimum wage job?
Part 2: Why do you think coworkers can also turn their backs on their coworkers so easily?
Part 3: Do you think the management tries to influence the bonds between coworkers? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
While it might be no surprise that Wal-Mart doesn't want to have labor unions in their store, it's more surprising that workers aren't more motivated to get involved
Part 1: Why do you think Wal-Mart doesn't want to have labor unions and organizations in their stores?
Part 2: Why do you think employees at Wal-Mart are scared to begin talks for labor union support in their stores?
Part 3: Is the risk of losing one's job worth it in order to get a labor organization in a store? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,819 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)