Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
2. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
3. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
4. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
5. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
The working conditions in which you work might change you, according to Barbara.
Part 1: Why might the working conditions in which you are placed change the person you are?
Part 2: How do companies attempt to reshape and to mold the employees they have hired?
Part 3: What do you think happens when some people refuse to change for the job in which they have been hired? Why?
It seems that the odds are against those who are in minimum wage jobs. From the costs of housing to the way these workers are often not paid well, it seems the cycle of poverty may never end.
Part 1: Why do you think minimum wage workers can not get ahead in their lives?
Part 2: Do you think outside influences are the main reasons why people can not lift themselves from poverty? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think society willfully creates conditions in which minimum wage workers can not succeed? Why or why not?
While it might be no surprise that Wal-Mart doesn't want to have labor unions in their store, it's more surprising that workers aren't more motivated to get involved
Part 1: Why do you think Wal-Mart doesn't want to have labor unions and organizations in their stores?
Part 2: Why do you think employees at Wal-Mart are scared to begin talks for labor union support in their stores?
Part 3: Is the risk of losing one's job worth it in order to get a labor organization in a store? Why or why not?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)