Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
2. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
3. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
4. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
5. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
The idea of poverty is one of the most complex issues this world seems to be unable and often unwilling to tackle.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of poverty? Can there be only one definition? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think poverty is so hard for governments to manage?
Part 3: Why do you think people slide into poverty and poverty-conditions?
The idea of a living wage is something that is hotly debated these days.
Part 1: Why do you think a living wage is necessary?
Part 2: What do you think a good living wage would be for your current location today? Why did you choose this number?
Part 3: If prices keep rising, but the living wage does not, how can a minimum wage worker ever get ahead? What might you suggest as a plan to keep people from living off of fast food and avoiding healthcare?
Discrimination seems to be a part of everyday society, it seems, at least from the perspective of the author.
Part 1: In what ways does discrimination affect the author's experience in this experiment?
Part 2: Why do you think the author focuses so much on race and on blending in when she is picking her jobs?
Part 3: In what ways are others around the author discriminated against? Or are they?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)