Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
2. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
3. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
4. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
5. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
Essay Topic 1
Discrimination seems to be a part of everyday society, it seems, at least from the perspective of the author.
Part 1: In what ways does discrimination affect the author's experience in this experiment?
Part 2: Why do you think the author focuses so much on race and on blending in when she is picking her jobs?
Part 3: In what ways are others around the author discriminated against? Or are they?
Essay Topic 2
It could be said that the author's own personal experiences are influencing the way she sees the situations around her.
Part 1: How does one's past affect the way they see the future, do you think?
Part 2: In what ways are the author's descriptions and experiences influenced by her education and her past experiences?
Part 3: Do you think the author could ever be completely objective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The working conditions in which you work might change you, according to Barbara.
Part 1: Why might the working conditions in which you are placed change the person you are?
Part 2: How do companies attempt to reshape and to mold the employees they have hired?
Part 3: What do you think happens when some people refuse to change for the job in which they have been hired? Why?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)