Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
2. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
3. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
4. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
5. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
Essay Topic 1
Many times, the workers Barbara is with seem resigned to the life in which they have been a part.
Part 1: Why do you think the workers Barbara meets don't really understand that things could be better?
Part 2: Why do you think the workers around Barbara don't know their rights and don't believe them when Barbara tells them what they should expect?
Part 3: Why do you think the workers aren't motivated to do more for themselves?
Essay Topic 2
Discrimination seems to be a part of everyday society, it seems, at least from the perspective of the author.
Part 1: In what ways does discrimination affect the author's experience in this experiment?
Part 2: Why do you think the author focuses so much on race and on blending in when she is picking her jobs?
Part 3: In what ways are others around the author discriminated against? Or are they?
Essay Topic 3
Barbara begins to recognize that her thinking is shifting when she becomes upset over the littlest things.
Part 1: Why do you think Barbara is beginning to get upset over the littlest things are her jobs?
Part 2: In what ways do some of the places of employment try to make the employees feel responsible for their work?
Part 3: Do you think it's healthy for an employee to become stressed out about the work they have done? Why or why not?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)