|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The other restaurant that Barbara works at during her time in Florida is called ___________, a chain with huge food and calorie packed dishes.
2. Barbara makes the common that the ____________ is too low and that someone used to more should try to live with it.
(a) Health benefit package
(b) Break schedule
(c) Minimum wage
(d) Worker hour restriction
3. Gail reveals that she had to live in _______ and pee into a plastic bottle after her boyfriend she lives with suddenly dies.
(a) A box
(b) The bathroom
(c) A truck
(d) A storage space
4. What is the 'dream job' that Barbara lands in addition to her restaurant job, taking on both when in Florida?
(b) Office work
(c) Factory work
5. Barbara will give up completely on the project if it seems she will be ___________, if only for one night.
(d) Out of contact
Short Answer Questions
1. Barbara admits she has two things going for her as a minimum wage worker - she is ________ and she is a native English speaker.
2. What are they listening to at full volume as they are cleaning each of the hotel rooms?
3. Barbara wondered why there wasn't more indignation about her ruse, realizing that it was probably because people's notion of __________ is different than she thinks it should be.
4. At what publication does the editor who assigns the story to Barbara work?
5. As Barbara downs coffee who does she notice is looking haggard when she shows up for her next job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what 'time theft' is according to Wal-Mart and its slick produced videos that the author watches during orientation.
2. What kind of job does Barbara say that she will take, money-wise, at least at the start of the experiment?
3. What does the prissy women at the first Maids job Barbara is on do for her baby?
4. Why is it okay for corporations to fire workers who talk about forming a union within a company?
5. What is one of the serious challenges that Barbara has discovered about working in a low wage job?
6. What will Barbara drive when she is a part of this experiment in working for minimum wage?
7. After Barbara takes her drug test, what does she do in terms of her job hunting?
8. What does the author admit to doing which is making her a little nervous about the drug test she needs to take?
9. What is Barbara's living arrangement when she first gets into town in Minneapolis?
10. What does Barbara think, at the start of the experiment, will be the biggest challenge during this assignment?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)