|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the drug testing is supposed to begin, the employees speculate that it is _________ who is guilty of the drug issue.
2. What is the name of the cook who occasionally throws meat against the wall during his shift?
3. Barbara promises to spend a _________ in each location in order to get a sense of the area.
(d) Few months
4. What is Barbara's PhD in, according to her own admittance?
(a) Public Policy
5. Barbara asks the manager of her trailer park to donate her security deposit to ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the businesses in town seem to place ads in the paper ____________ so as to always have applicants.
2. The management at the restaurant try to keep Barbara __________ at every moment of her shift, even when it's slow.
3. As Barbara downs coffee who does she notice is looking haggard when she shows up for her next job?
4. At what publication does the editor who assigns the story to Barbara work?
5. What does Ehrenreich discover about her uniform when she is heading over to her second job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbara find out about Gail and what she has to do when her boyfriend suddenly dies?
2. Why so the Maids think that the job they are offering is easy for someone to learn and to do?
3. What are the workers in Portland, Maine expected to do as the wages seem to be falling between $6 and $7 an hour?
4. What would have made it impossible for Barbara to stay in the Blue Haven Motel, even though she seemed to be doing well there?
5. What does the author think is odd about a shortage of low wage workers? What should be happening with this shortage?
6. What does the bad tempered cook like to do sometimes back in the kitchen, according to Barbara?
7. How long a period of time will the author spend in each location?
8. What does Menards offers to Barbara eventually when they call up to hire her?
9. What do companies seem to give to employees instead of paying them more, according to the author?
10. Why does the author think so many managers are needed to manage the low wage workers?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)