|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some of the coworkers have to pay $60 a night for a hotel room because they can not save up the ___________ for a first and last month rent payment.
2. Barbara feels to truly replicate the experience of a minimum wage worker, she would need to have a few __________ in tow too.
(a) Bill collectors
3. The other restaurant that Barbara works at during her time in Florida is called ___________, a chain with huge food and calorie packed dishes.
4. Barbara is also not willing to make up a _____________ in order to pad her resume as she is going off to find jobs.
(b) False life
(c) Number of children
(d) Work life
5. The manager, ________, yells at Barbara for a confused breakfast and a yuppie customer complains too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barbara's PhD in, according to her own admittance?
2. Barbara states, "Someone ought to do the old-fashioned kind of ________ - you know, go out there and try it for themselves."
3. Since Barbara is far from any grocery store, she needs to live on __________ when she eats.
4. Barbara says that she will not rely on her superior ______________ to support herself.
5. Barbara does not want to live a life of _________ or discomfort when it comes to this new assignment.
Short Essay Questions
1. How long a period of time will the author spend in each location?
2. What does Barbara find out about Gail and what she has to do when her boyfriend suddenly dies?
3. What does Barbara think, at the start of the experiment, will be the biggest challenge during this assignment?
4. If things get too rough during this experiment, what does Barbara say she will do in order to feel herself or to support herself?
5. What will Barbara not rely on in order to get a job and to support herself, as one of the rules of her experiment?
6. What is Barbara's fear about working in the area where she currently lives, Key West?
7. What are some of the other reasons why Barbara doesn't really want to take on the assignment of working for minimum wage?
8. When Stu says that drugs have been found at the restaurant, what do the employees speculate about this action?
9. What statement does the author make which leads to her getting the assignment to write this book?
10. Once Barbara begins to let go of her elitist attitude, what does she realize about the workers around her?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)