|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barbara asks the manager of her trailer park to donate her security deposit to ________.
2. What is the name Barbara uses for the family restaurant where she chooses to work first in Florida?
(b) Heartbreak Hotel
3. At the ____________, the interviewer Barbara meets warns her about labor organizers, to avoid them.
(d) Grocery store
4. Barbara ruled out areas like LA and New York as the working class consists mainly of people of _______ and she might look out of place.
(c) Higher education
5. The author also doesn't want to live in an _____________ building when she is off on her assignment.
(d) Ill built
Short Answer Questions
1. Barbara's father had been a _____________; her uncles and grandfathers worked in the mines or for the Union Pacific.
2. Gail reveals that she had to live in _______ and pee into a plastic bottle after her boyfriend she lives with suddenly dies.
3. Barbara realizes she will need ____________ in order to pay for her apartment.
4. The other staff of the hotel refuses to exchange _________ with the housekeepers or show any sort of respect.
5. Barbara notes that her sister constantly complained about the hopelessness of being a ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Once Barbara begins to let go of her elitist attitude, what does she realize about the workers around her?
2. Why do people end up living with others or in conditions they don't want to live in, according to Barbara?
3. What happens if Barbara thinks she will have to go homeless, even for one night during this experiment?
4. When Stu says that drugs have been found at the restaurant, what do the employees speculate about this action?
5. What does Barbara find out about Gail and what she has to do when her boyfriend suddenly dies?
6. Why does Barbara want to take on the assignment she actually suggested be done?
7. What kind of job does Barbara say that she will take, money-wise, at least at the start of the experiment?
8. Describe the first apartment that Barbara finds when she is out looking for her first new 'home' for the assignment.
9. How long a period of time will the author spend in each location?
10. If things get too rough during this experiment, what does Barbara say she will do in order to feel herself or to support herself?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)