|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The other restaurant that Barbara works at during her time in Florida is called ___________, a chain with huge food and calorie packed dishes.
2. Barbara will keep driving a beat up ____________ car, though she knows many minimum wage workers can not.
3. What is the name of the cook who occasionally throws meat against the wall during his shift?
4. Barbara is concerned that her biggest challenge will be to hide her _____________, even though this does not turn out to be an issue.
(d) Writing career
5. One manager threatens to take the _______________ privilege from the employees even though this is their only hideout to smoke or eat.
(b) Break room
Short Answer Questions
1. The other staff of the hotel refuses to exchange _________ with the housekeepers or show any sort of respect.
2. How long do Carlie and Barbara work before they take a break from their housekeeping work?
3. Barbara promises to spend a _________ in each location in order to get a sense of the area.
4. Since Barbara is far from any grocery store, she needs to live on __________ when she eats.
5. What is the name of the young Czech dishwasher who Barbara befriends when she is working at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Barbara not rely on in order to get a job and to support herself, as one of the rules of her experiment?
2. Why does Barbara want to take on the assignment she actually suggested be done?
3. Once Barbara begins to let go of her elitist attitude, what does she realize about the workers around her?
4. What do the managers do to Barbara when she is an employee at Hearthside, she realizes as she continues to work there?
5. If things get too rough during this experiment, what does Barbara say she will do in order to feel herself or to support herself?
6. What does the bad tempered cook like to do sometimes back in the kitchen, according to Barbara?
7. What kind of job does Barbara say that she will take, money-wise, at least at the start of the experiment?
8. Why doesn't Barbara think the physical exertion of her new job should be bothering her so much?
9. What happens if Barbara thinks she will have to go homeless, even for one night during this experiment?
10. What does Barbara feel she is compelled to do with the patrons at Hearthside, where she works as a waitress?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)