|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barbara notes that she made a rule that she had to work hard at her jobs to keep them, not go off on ________ rants or sneak off to read novels in the ladies' room.
2. Barbara realizes that her use of a car is different as many minimum wage workers have to use _________ to get around.
(c) Their legs
3. Barbara is also not willing to make up a _____________ in order to pad her resume as she is going off to find jobs.
(b) Work life
(c) Number of children
(d) False life
4. The other staff of the hotel refuses to exchange _________ with the housekeepers or show any sort of respect.
5. Barbara makes the common that the ____________ is too low and that someone used to more should try to live with it.
(a) Worker hour restriction
(b) Minimum wage
(c) Health benefit package
(d) Break schedule
Short Answer Questions
1. Barbara promises to spend a _________ in each location in order to get a sense of the area.
2. The manager, ________, yells at Barbara for a confused breakfast and a yuppie customer complains too.
3. When Barbara walks out of the restaurant, she feels _______ instead of feeling enraged, as she expects to.
4. At the ____________, the interviewer Barbara meets warns her about labor organizers, to avoid them.
5. Barbara notes that her sister constantly complained about the hopelessness of being a ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. If things get too rough during this experiment, what does Barbara say she will do in order to feel herself or to support herself?
2. What happens if Barbara thinks she will have to go homeless, even for one night during this experiment?
3. What does Barbara find out about Gail and what she has to do when her boyfriend suddenly dies?
4. Why doesn't Barbara think the physical exertion of her new job should be bothering her so much?
5. When Stu says that drugs have been found at the restaurant, what do the employees speculate about this action?
6. What does Barbara think, at the start of the experiment, will be the biggest challenge during this assignment?
7. What kind of job does Barbara say that she will take, money-wise, at least at the start of the experiment?
8. What is the one thing that Barbara says she will not mention as she is applying and working during this experiment?
9. Describe the first apartment that Barbara finds when she is out looking for her first new 'home' for the assignment.
10. What is surprising to Barbara about the many places to which she has applied for a job?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)