|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, "Serving in Florida".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barbara lets a sewer repairman spend a few minutes cooling off with a ________________ before taking his order.
(a) Newspaper fan
(b) Glass of ice water
(d) Iced tea
2. At what publication does the editor who assigns the story to Barbara work?
(c) Ladies Home Journal
3. Barbara can not afford gas money because of the $30 she has to spend on a ___________ for her restaurant job.
(b) Application fee
(c) Set of pencils
4. Gail reveals that she had to live in _______ and pee into a plastic bottle after her boyfriend she lives with suddenly dies.
(a) The bathroom
(b) A truck
(c) A box
(d) A storage space
5. Barbara is also not willing to make up a _____________ in order to pad her resume as she is going off to find jobs.
(a) Work life
(b) Number of children
(c) False life
Short Answer Questions
1. The management at the restaurant try to keep Barbara __________ at every moment of her shift, even when it's slow.
2. Barbara is concerned that her biggest challenge will be to hide her _____________, even though this does not turn out to be an issue.
3. What is the name of the cook who occasionally throws meat against the wall during his shift?
4. Barbara admits that at the end of the project, she did break down and ____________, stealthily, though, and never within hearing of management.
5. When Barbara walks out of the restaurant, she feels _______ instead of feeling enraged, as she expects to.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)