|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, "Serving in Florida".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Barbara downs coffee who does she notice is looking haggard when she shows up for her next job?
2. Barbara will give up completely on the project if it seems she will be ___________, if only for one night.
(d) Out of contact
3. When Barbara walks out of the restaurant, she feels _______ instead of feeling enraged, as she expects to.
4. For what magazine does the author of "Nickel and Dimed" work when she is beginning her assignment?
(a) NY Gazette
(b) New York Times
(c) New England Journal
(d) New Yorker
5. Barbara admits that at the end of the project, she did break down and ____________, stealthily, though, and never within hearing of management.
(d) Admit her assignment
Short Answer Questions
1. The author also doesn't want to live in an _____________ building when she is off on her assignment.
2. Barbara notes that her sister constantly complained about the hopelessness of being a ____________.
3. The other restaurant that Barbara works at during her time in Florida is called ___________, a chain with huge food and calorie packed dishes.
4. The businesses place ads in the paper so they can always have a pool of __________ from which to hire at any time.
5. Barbara feels to truly replicate the experience of a minimum wage worker, she would need to have a few __________ in tow too.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)