|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Closing remarks, "Evaluation".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry's restaurant close off to employees since they don't want other employees lingering there during breaks?
(a) Break room
(c) Dining room
(d) Outside area
2. Who is Barbara Ehrenreich's editor, the one who assigns her the story that became this book?
(a) Louis Lanston
(b) Stu Manshet
(c) Joseph Truman
(d) Lewis Lapham
3. From the bottom of the heap, the information about how to ________ in a job is hard to discover.
(b) Make friends
(d) Make peace
4. Barbara is horrified to see that The Maids use very little _________ when they are cleaning.
5. When a manager sees Barbara having a little __________ during her shift, she is scolded, but instead of fighting it, she walks out.
(b) Sip of water
Short Answer Questions
1. What are employees to think of themselves as when they are working for Wal-Mart?
2. Many companies require workers to surrender their _________, freedom of speech, and personal freedom.
3. What did Barbara fear employers would think she was if she were to put the PhD on her resumes and applications?
4. What does Ehrenreich discover about her uniform when she is heading over to her second job?
5. The author meets a prissy woman who tracks her baby's _______________ with the help of a chart.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)