|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ellen first hear about the Iditarod?
2. Why did Ellen not like people using fans on planes?
3. What made Ellen afraid of crossing the street?
4. What did Ellen's friend's nickname used to be?
5. What was Ellen told her animal was in a former life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Ellen was seated behind a nun on a plane?
2. How does Ellen think children would best learn about sex?
3. What happened when Ellen performed in front of some Marines?
4. What funny comment does Ellen make about eggs in her cooking chapter?
5. What did Ellen have to explain to others after using the restroom on a plane, and why?
6. Why does Ellen think her high school teachers remember her as bright?
7. How did Ellen feel when she was told it was safer to fly than to cross the street?
8. What does Ellen say people with depression should do when they wake up?
9. How was Ellen told babies were formed?
10. What does Ellen like to do while she makes French toast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how did these instances affect Ellen's life?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why were they so important to Ellen?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)