Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
2. To what are the Reactionary Stoicism beliefs adapted?
3. By medieval times, the character of Europe has become rural __________.
4. In the Middle Ages, what renews the interest in the quest for freedom?
5. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
Essay Topic 1
Athenians value civic freedom over personal freedom.
Part 1) What is the difference between civic freedom and personal freedom?
Part 2) Why do the Athenians prefer one over the other? Do all people in Athens feels this way? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this Athenian value reflected in our society today?
Essay Topic 2
By medieval times, Europe makes the transition from slavery to serfdom.
Part 1) Compare slavery to serfdom. Why does the end of the Roman Empire not end slavery?
Part 2) Why do historians down play the role of freedom during this period of time?
Part 3) Who controls freedom at this time? How do people at this time think of freedom? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The Western concept of freedom arises from slavery is the basis for the greatness of Western civilization.
Part 1) What is the role of slavery in the development of freedom?
Part 2) Why is it important that slavery have a role in the Western world's concept of freedom?
Part 3) Could our concept of freedom have existed without slavery? Why or why not?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)