Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The upper class young men of the time are educated in Stoicism and despise who?
2. According to Augustine, from where does freedom come?
3. How do many of the serfs and peasants receive rights?
4. By what is slavery somewhat undermined in late 7 A.D.?
5. The second conflict takes place between 340-266 A.D., resulting in what?
The introduction of foreign slavery enhances the native attributes of the freedman.
Part 1) When and where was foreign slavery introduced? Why was it introduced?
Part 2) How does it affect the meaning of freedom and who was free?
Part 3) How is this idea of nativity relating to a freedman reflected in societies today in various social classes?
The differing views of freedom lead to social conflict and upheaval.
Part 1) What are the differing views of freedom? How do they lead to conflict?
Part 2) How does the conflict and upheaval affect the society? Which group of individuals does it affect the most? Why?
Part 3) How has this occurred multiple times throughout history? Are the outcomes always similar? Why or why not?
It is the women who are responsible for instilling the concept of freedom into Western civilization.
Part 1) Compare a man's concept of freedom to a woman's.
Part 2) Why are the women responsible?
Part 3) Are you surprised by this? Why or why not? How is this ironic?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)