Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
2. To what are the Reactionary Stoicism beliefs adapted?
3. By medieval times, the character of Europe has become rural __________.
4. In the Middle Ages, what renews the interest in the quest for freedom?
5. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
Essay Topic 1
It is the women who are responsible for instilling the concept of freedom into Western civilization.
Part 1) Compare a man's concept of freedom to a woman's.
Part 2) Why are the women responsible?
Part 3) Are you surprised by this? Why or why not? How is this ironic?
Essay Topic 2
Augustus sets the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for the next 1,500 years.
Part 1) Who is Augustus? How does he set the pace?
Part 2) Why is he so influential? What power does he have over the region?
Part 3) How does Augustus change his persona for his people? Why does he do this?
Essay Topic 3
The development of freedom as a social value can be traced to five revolutions that occurred in Athens.
Part 1) Describe these five revolutions. Why did they take place?
Part 2) How did these revolutions affect the countries and city-states surrounding the revolutions? How do they affect U.S. policies today?
Part 3) What would our society be like if these revolutions had never taken place?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)