|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The upper class young men of the time are educated in Stoicism and despise who?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The populace.
(d) The other members of the upper class.
2. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
(a) As a threat to their own personal freedom.
(b) As a good compromise to their personal freedom.
(c) As something to desire.
(d) As a form of personal freedom.
3. What does Augustine basically end up doing to the role of personal freedom?
(a) Encouraging it.
(b) Emphasizing it.
(c) Playing it up.
(d) Downplaying it.
4. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
(b) Food and shelter.
(d) Freedom and escape from bondage.
5. What happens once Christianity appears?
(a) It stays in the Middle East.
(b) It spreads quickly through Greece.
(c) It spreads slowly throughout the Roman Empire.
(d) It spreads rapidly throughout the Roman Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. He extols the virtue of the ruler as what for the populace?
2. How do many in the nobility view the princeps?
3. From what does freedom come?
4. By what is slavery somewhat undermined in late 7 A.D.?
5. How do Jesus' followers reply to the critics?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)