|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
(a) The next five hundred years.
(b) The next fifty years.
(c) The next fifteen years.
(d) The next fifteen hundred years.
2. The third involves the restructuring of Italian what?
3. As Europe emerges from the Middle Ages, the church and European states become ____________ in terms of absolutism and thought processes.
(c) The same.
(d) More similar.
4. How is the cult of Christianity similar to other cults of the time?
(a) It contains a savior.
(b) It is monotheistic.
(c) It is polytheistic.
(d) It preaches the coming of the apocalypse.
5. What do his ideas provide?
(a) A belief of love and compassion.
(b) What is needed at the time for Christianity to be accepted.
(c) A reason for intellectuals to have faith.
(d) What the upper class need from Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens once Christianity appears?
2. What is sin considered to be?
3. Who has the most freedom in terms of the sovereignal aspect of freedom?
4. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
5. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of this chapter?
2. How have women's lives begun to change?
3. Rome extends its power and rule to the Italian peninsula through a series of wars and conquests in 266 B.C. What are the consequences?
4. What is freedom at this time?
5. How do the beliefs of different sects compare?
6. What is Paul's role in shaping Christianity?
7. What happens when Christianity appears?
8. What struggles do the Romans face regarding the development of the concept of freedom?
9. What conflict takes place in this period?
10. Why have historians tended to downplay the role of freedom during this time period?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)