|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jesus' followers reply to the critics?
(a) Jesus has died.
(b) Jesus knows all the critics.
(c) Jesus dies for the good of mankind and is resurrected.
(d) Jesus will return in three days.
2. Augustus uses his sovereignal power for the______ of the populace.
(d) No member.
3. According to Patterson, how many phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
4. Is it still possible for the upper class to experience personal freedom even when their civic freedom is severely limited by the princeps?
5. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Paul as the father of Christianity.
(b) The role of Paul in shaping Christianity's attitude on freedom.
(c) The role of Paul in shaping Christianity's attitude about other gods.
(d) The role of Paul as the ruler of the Christian faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the phases?
2. The upper class young men of the time are educated in Stoicism and despise who?
3. How is the cult of Christianity similar to other cults of the time?
4. In what do plebeians have more faith?
5. What does Augustine basically end up doing to the role of personal freedom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to society by the medieval times?
2. What is Reactionary Stoicism?
3. Why have historians tended to downplay the role of freedom during this time period?
4. What is Reformist Stoicism?
5. What is the relationship between church and state at the end of the Middle Ages?
6. What is freedom at this time?
7. Where are Paul's large conversion rates located?
8. What are the consequences of Jesus' crucifixion?
9. Two questions arise from Paul's theology. What are we saved from? To whom or what are we enslaved? What are the answers?
10. What is Paul's role in shaping Christianity?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)