Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The upper class young men of the time are educated in Stoicism and despise who?
(a) The other members of the upper class.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The populace.
(d) The slaves.
2. According to Augustine, from where does freedom come?
(a) As a gift from God.
(b) The mind.
(d) As something that is inherited.
3. How do many of the serfs and peasants receive rights?
(a) By paying monetarily for some of them.
(b) By bribery and blackmail.
(c) By hard work.
(d) By begging for them.
4. By what is slavery somewhat undermined in late 7 A.D.?
(a) Mass conversion to Buddhism.
(b) Mass conversion to Christianity.
(c) Mass conversion to Judaism.
(d) Mass conversion to Islam.
5. The second conflict takes place between 340-266 A.D., resulting in what?
(a) Rome being taken over by the Greeks.
(b) Rome growing and expanding to become Italy.
(c) Rome shrinking and consolidating.
(d) Rome growing and expanding to become Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
2. How is the crucifixion of Jesus referred?
3. How does Patterson describe the elements of slavery?
4. Why does Augustine view personal freedom as a form of emptiness that doesn't result in inner peace?
5. Most of the freedom granted is to whom?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)