|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sin considered to be?
(a) From Adam and Eve.
(b) A form of spiritual slavery that humans are freed from.
(c) An influence of Satan.
(d) Something from which only slaves suffer.
2. How is Rome similar to Greece?
(a) It's people speak the same language.
(b) It is the same shape.
(c) It led by the same ruler.
(d) It is also a slave-based economy.
3. How do many of the serfs and peasants receive rights?
(a) By begging for them.
(b) By bribery and blackmail.
(c) By paying monetarily for some of them.
(d) By hard work.
4. From what does freedom come?
(a) The end of life.
(b) The death of death.
(c) The death of life.
(d) The life of death.
5. Where does slavery exist until 11 A.D. and the on-set of feudalism?
(a) In France and Italy.
(b) In England and France.
(c) In Germany and Austria.
(d) In Sweden and Norway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the wretched who convert?
2. What do his ideas provide?
3. Augustine expands Paul's view and tries to incorporate what conception of freedom and God?
4. How is this conflict referred?
5. Who represents Reactionary Stoicism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the populace accept Augustus?
2. What is freedom at this time?
3. What is Reformist Stoicism?
4. What is the relationship between church and state at the end of the Middle Ages?
5. What struggles do the Romans face regarding the development of the concept of freedom?
6. Rome extends its power and rule to the Italian peninsula through a series of wars and conquests in 266 B.C. What are the consequences?
7. What happens when Christianity appears?
8. How do the beliefs of different sects compare?
9. Describe the Roman economy and society.
10. What conflict takes place in this period?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)