|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the different periods of serfdom?
(a) Liberal serfdom.
(b) Conservative serfdom.
(c) Feudal serfdom.
(d) Ruler serfdom.
2. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
(a) As something to desire.
(b) As a form of personal freedom.
(c) As a good compromise to their personal freedom.
(d) As a threat to their own personal freedom.
3. On what is the focus of this chapter?
(a) John and his role in shaping Christianity.
(b) Mark and Luke's life after Jesus' death.
(c) Paul and his role in shaping Christianity.
(d) Peter and his relationship with Christ.
4. Augustine, like Paul, is also concerned with the role of _______________ in Christianity.
5. By what is slavery somewhat undermined in late 7 A.D.?
(a) Mass conversion to Islam.
(b) Mass conversion to Buddhism.
(c) Mass conversion to Christianity.
(d) Mass conversion to Judaism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose thinking basically molds the early church and shapes generations of theological thinkers?
2. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
3. From what does the development of the concept of freedom in Rome result?
4. How is this conflict referred?
5. To whom do Augustus and the following emperors link themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the consequences of Jesus' crucifixion?
2. Rome extends its power and rule to the Italian peninsula through a series of wars and conquests in 266 B.C. What are the consequences?
3. What is Reactionary Stoicism?
4. What is the purpose of this chapter?
5. Why have historians tended to downplay the role of freedom during this time period?
6. What struggles do the Romans face regarding the development of the concept of freedom?
7. How do the beliefs of different sects compare?
8. What conflict takes place in this period?
9. Why does the populace accept Augustus?
10. Describe the Roman economy and society.
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)