|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do the patricians conflict?
(a) The euclids.
(b) The metics.
(c) The plebeians.
(d) The pueblos.
2. What is one of the phases?
(a) The baptism of John.
(b) The prophetic phase of Jesus and the Jesus movement.
(c) The birth of Jesus.
(d) The Crucifixion.
3. What do his ideas provide?
(a) A belief of love and compassion.
(b) What the upper class need from Christianity.
(c) A reason for intellectuals to have faith.
(d) What is needed at the time for Christianity to be accepted.
4. The fact that Jesus is crucified and dies has critics doing what?
(a) Questioning if he actually died.
(b) Wishing they had met Him before He died.
(c) Wondering when he will return.
(d) Questioning the absurdity of a Messiah who can't save himself from execution.
5. Augustine, like Paul, is also concerned with the role of _______________ in Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Europe emerges from the Middle Ages, the church and European states become ____________ in terms of absolutism and thought processes.
2. What does Augustine basically end up doing to the role of personal freedom?
3. By medieval times, the character of Europe has become rural __________.
4. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
5. Where does slavery exist until 11 A.D. and the on-set of feudalism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have historians tended to downplay the role of freedom during this time period?
2. What happens when Christianity appears?
3. Rome extends its power and rule to the Italian peninsula through a series of wars and conquests in 266 B.C. What are the consequences?
4. Where are Paul's large conversion rates located?
5. How do the beliefs of different sects compare?
6. Why does the populace accept Augustus?
7. Describe the Roman economy and society.
8. What is the relationship between church and state at the end of the Middle Ages?
9. Two questions arise from Paul's theology. What are we saved from? To whom or what are we enslaved? What are the answers?
10. What is Reformist Stoicism?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)