|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustine expands Paul's view and tries to incorporate what conception of freedom and God?
(a) The Napoleonic conception.
(b) The Metropolitan conception.
(c) The Neoplatonic conception.
(d) The Neopolitan conception.
2. Where are the greatest conversion rates?
(a) In middle class societies.
(b) In regions where slavery predominates.
(c) Among the Hellenic thinkers.
(d) In upper class societies.
3. What happens once Christianity appears?
(a) It stays in the Middle East.
(b) It spreads quickly through Greece.
(c) It spreads rapidly throughout the Roman Empire.
(d) It spreads slowly throughout the Roman Empire.
4. What is one of the phases?
(a) The prophetic phase of Jesus and the Jesus movement.
(b) The Crucifixion.
(c) The baptism of John.
(d) The birth of Jesus.
5. The upper class young men of the time are educated in Stoicism and despise who?
(a) The populace.
(b) The other members of the upper class.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The middle class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Law and the state of grace are _________.
2. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
3. To what are the Reactionary Stoicism beliefs adapted?
4. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
5. Why does Paul say people suffer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
2. Why have historians tended to downplay the role of freedom during this time period?
3. What is the purpose of this chapter?
4. What are the consequences of Jesus' crucifixion?
5. How do the beliefs of different sects compare?
6. What conflict takes place in this period?
7. What is Reactionary Stoicism?
8. In trying to define the relationship between church and state, four interpretations are proposed by Patterson. What are these interpretations?
9. Describe the Roman economy and society.
10. How have women's lives begun to change?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)