|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The upper class young men of the time are educated in Stoicism and despise who?
(a) The populace.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The other members of the upper class.
2. To whom do Augustus and the following emperors link themselves?
(a) The welfare of the populace.
(b) The welfare of the middle class.
(c) The welfare of the upper class.
(d) The welfare of themselves.
3. What is sin considered to be?
(a) An influence of Satan.
(b) A form of spiritual slavery that humans are freed from.
(c) Something from which only slaves suffer.
(d) From Adam and Eve.
4. In what do plebeians have more faith?
(a) Many minor rulers.
(b) No rulers.
5. How is Rome similar to Greece?
(a) It's people speak the same language.
(b) It is the same shape.
(c) It is also a slave-based economy.
(d) It led by the same ruler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
2. According to Augustine, from where does freedom come?
3. The third involves the restructuring of Italian what?
4. How does Patterson describe the elements of slavery?
5. He extols the virtue of the ruler as what for the populace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Paul's large conversion rates located?
2. What conflict takes place in this period?
3. How does Augustus influence the interpretations of freedom?
4. What has happened to society by the medieval times?
5. What phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
6. What is Paul's role in shaping Christianity?
7. What is Reactionary Stoicism?
8. Why have historians tended to downplay the role of freedom during this time period?
9. What happens when Christianity appears?
10. Rome extends its power and rule to the Italian peninsula through a series of wars and conquests in 266 B.C. What are the consequences?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)