|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The upper class young men of the time are educated in Stoicism and despise who?
(a) The other members of the upper class.
(b) The populace.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The slaves.
2. How do many of the serfs and peasants receive rights?
(a) By paying monetarily for some of them.
(b) By hard work.
(c) By begging for them.
(d) By bribery and blackmail.
3. How is Rome similar to Greece?
(a) It is also a slave-based economy.
(b) It's people speak the same language.
(c) It led by the same ruler.
(d) It is the same shape.
4. In what do plebeians have more faith?
(c) Many minor rulers.
(d) No rulers.
5. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
(a) As something to desire.
(b) As a threat to their own personal freedom.
(c) As a form of personal freedom.
(d) As a good compromise to their personal freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do Augustus and the following emperors link themselves?
2. Why does Reactionary Stoicism appeal to the Roman upper classes?
3. From what does freedom come?
4. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
5. Where does slavery exist until 11 A.D. and the on-set of feudalism?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)