|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
(a) Freedom and escape from bondage.
(d) Food and shelter.
2. Why does Paul say people suffer?
(a) People suffer because of their sins.
(b) People suffer because of others.
(c) People suffer because of past life mistakes.
(d) People suffer because of fate.
3. How do Jesus' followers reply to the critics?
(a) Jesus will return in three days.
(b) Jesus has died.
(c) Jesus dies for the good of mankind and is resurrected.
(d) Jesus knows all the critics.
4. To whom do Augustus and the following emperors link themselves?
(a) The welfare of themselves.
(b) The welfare of the upper class.
(c) The welfare of the populace.
(d) The welfare of the middle class.
5. Augustus uses his sovereignal power for the______ of the populace.
(a) No member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus not intend to do?
2. From what does the development of the concept of freedom in Rome result?
3. Where does slavery exist until 11 A.D. and the on-set of feudalism?
4. He extols the virtue of the ruler as what for the populace?
5. In what forms do these rights or freedoms come?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rome extends its power and rule to the Italian peninsula through a series of wars and conquests in 266 B.C. What are the consequences?
2. Describe the Roman economy and society.
3. What is Reformist Stoicism?
4. How do the beliefs of different sects compare?
5. Why have historians tended to downplay the role of freedom during this time period?
6. What is freedom at this time?
7. What is Reactionary Stoicism?
8. What conflict takes place in this period?
9. What happens when Christianity appears?
10. What are the consequences of Jesus' crucifixion?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)