|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what forms do these rights or freedoms come?
(b) Monetary gain.
2. Augustine, like Paul, is also concerned with the role of _______________ in Christianity.
3. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
4. To whom do Augustus and the following emperors link themselves?
(a) The welfare of the upper class.
(b) The welfare of the populace.
(c) The welfare of themselves.
(d) The welfare of the middle class.
5. Who represents Reactionary Stoicism?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
2. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
3. As what do his views become known?
4. By medieval times, the character of Europe has become rural __________.
5. From what does the development of the concept of freedom in Rome result?
Short Essay Questions
1. What phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
2. How do the beliefs of different sects compare?
3. What is Paul's role in shaping Christianity?
4. What has happened to society by the medieval times?
5. Rome extends its power and rule to the Italian peninsula through a series of wars and conquests in 266 B.C. What are the consequences?
6. Two questions arise from Paul's theology. What are we saved from? To whom or what are we enslaved? What are the answers?
7. Why does the populace accept Augustus?
8. What happens when Christianity appears?
9. How does Augustus influence the interpretations of freedom?
10. What is Reformist Stoicism?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)