|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the wretched who convert?
(a) They go to hell.
(b) They must tithe.
(c) They are purified of sin.
(d) They are damned.
2. How is this conflict referred?
(a) As the struggle of the orders.
(b) As the transition to order.
(c) As the need for order.
(d) As the fight for orders.
3. In the Middle Ages, what renews the interest in the quest for freedom?
(a) The compassion of the king.
(b) The end of slavery.
(c) The oppression of serfdom.
(d) The freedom of serfdom.
4. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
(c) Food and shelter.
(d) Freedom and escape from bondage.
5. What does Augustine basically end up doing to the role of personal freedom?
(a) Encouraging it.
(b) Emphasizing it.
(c) Downplaying it.
(d) Playing it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
2. As what do his views become known?
3. How is Rome similar to Greece?
4. In what forms do these rights or freedoms come?
5. Of whom does the majority of the population consist?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)