|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustine expands Paul's view and tries to incorporate what conception of freedom and God?
(a) The Metropolitan conception.
(b) The Neoplatonic conception.
(c) The Napoleonic conception.
(d) The Neopolitan conception.
2. Where does slavery exist until 11 A.D. and the on-set of feudalism?
(a) In Germany and Austria.
(b) In England and France.
(c) In Sweden and Norway.
(d) In France and Italy.
3. Why does Paul say people suffer?
(a) People suffer because of their sins.
(b) People suffer because of fate.
(c) People suffer because of others.
(d) People suffer because of past life mistakes.
4. What is one of the phases?
(a) The birth of Jesus.
(b) The baptism of John.
(c) The Crucifixion.
(d) The prophetic phase of Jesus and the Jesus movement.
5. Since the sovereignal aspect of freedom dominates this era, historians have tended to ___________ the role of freedom.
(a) Focus on.
(c) Play up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the crucifixion of Jesus referred?
2. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
3. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
4. According to Patterson, how many phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
5. How is this conflict referred?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of this chapter?
2. How have women's lives begun to change?
3. What is freedom at this time?
4. What struggles do the Romans face regarding the development of the concept of freedom?
5. How does Augustus influence the interpretations of freedom?
6. Two questions arise from Paul's theology. What are we saved from? To whom or what are we enslaved? What are the answers?
7. Rome extends its power and rule to the Italian peninsula through a series of wars and conquests in 266 B.C. What are the consequences?
8. What is Paul's role in shaping Christianity?
9. Describe the Roman economy and society.
10. What phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)