|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(b) They provide food and supplies.
(c) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(d) They protect them from enemies.
2. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
(d) Only war.
3. Personal freedom awareness results from the role of what Greeks?
4. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
(a) The Persians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The Macedonians.
5. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
(a) Slaves and women.
(b) Women and children.
(c) The small rural landholder and women.
(d) The small rural landholder and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are these elements first expressed?
2. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
3. What dictates mortal life?
4. When has someone achieved inner freedom?
5. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of slaves in this society?
2. Why are foreign slaves brought into the country?
3. What do light and darkness symbolize used by the Greek dramatist?
4. What are Patterson's three components of freedom?
5. How does Patterson view the development of freedom as a social value?
6. What is a third revolution?
7. Eventually the differing views of freedom lead to social conflict and upheaval. What causes this?
8. What are the living conditions of women?
9. Explain one of the schools of thought.
10. What does it mean to be Greek at this time?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)