|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
(a) Formal, informal, and community.
(b) Individual, unique, and social.
(c) Ruler, kingdom, and peasant.
(d) Personal, sovereignal, and civic.
2. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Persians.
(d) The Macedonians.
3. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
(a) The small rural landholder and women.
(b) Women and children.
(c) Slaves and women.
(d) The small rural landholder and children.
4. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
(a) The family and friendship structure.
(b) Food and shelter.
(c) A slave master.
5. The social value of freedom exists by the end of what century?
(a) The seventh.
(b) The sixth.
(c) The fourth.
(d) The fifth.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is freedom equated?
2. Which women had more activities outside the home?
3. Three schools of thought exist among what thinkers?
4. How does agricultural production shift?
5. Who does the slave in this culture have?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what do personal freedom and civic freedom awareness result?
2. Describe the Imbangala people of Africa, regarding slavery.
3. What are the schools of thought among Hellenistic thinkers?
4. During the war in the sixth century B.C., Greek cities are occupied by the Persians. What does this do to the Greeks?
5. What are the living conditions of women?
6. Eventually the differing views of freedom lead to social conflict and upheaval. What causes this?
7. What does the Peloponnesian War do to Athens and Greece?
8. Why are foreign slaves brought into the country?
9. What does Plato say about the soul?
10. What is slavery? What is a slave-dominated society like?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)