|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Athens and Greece.
(b) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(c) Modern Athens and Greece.
(d) Ancient Rome and Greece.
2. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A political revolution.
(c) A social and philosophical revolution.
(d) A freedom revolution.
3. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(a) Other European nations.
(d) Other Greek city-states.
4. Greek drama represents what?
(a) A discourse on values.
(b) A time away from real life.
(c) A fantasy.
(d) A realistic view of women in society.
5. Between what freedoms do they distinguish?
(a) Outer and inner.
(b) Personal and civic.
(c) Warm and cool.
(d) Smooth and rigid.
Short Answer Questions
1. When has someone achieved inner freedom?
2. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
3. What does the slave want?
4. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
5. How does agricultural production shift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the living conditions of women?
2. Describe the Oedipus trilogy of Sophocles in relation to freedom.
3. This chapter examines the role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value. What are the four designated periods of interest?
4. What does Plato say about the soul?
5. What is a third revolution?
6. What does it mean to be Greek at this time?
7. The development of freedom as a social value can be traced to five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 7 and 4 B.C. What is one of the revolutions?
8. What are Patterson's three components of freedom?
9. Describe the slavery issue in the South Pacific.
10. What is the role of slaves in this society?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)