|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustine, like Paul, is also concerned with the role of _______________ in Christianity.
2. The second conflict takes place between 340-266 A.D., resulting in what?
(a) Rome growing and expanding to become Italy.
(b) Rome growing and expanding to become Greece.
(c) Rome shrinking and consolidating.
(d) Rome being taken over by the Greeks.
3. Freedom is mainly the domain of whom?
(a) The serfs.
(b) The landowner.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The King.
4. According to Patterson, how many phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
5. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
(a) From military oriented to personality oriented.
(b) From personality oriented to military oriented.
(c) From personality oriented to politically oriented.
(d) From military oriented to politically oriented.
6. With whom do the patricians conflict?
(a) The pueblos.
(b) The euclids.
(c) The plebeians.
(d) The metics.
7. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
(a) Both urban and rural.
(b) Neither urban nor rural.
8. By medieval times, the character of Europe has become rural __________.
(b) Slave-based societies.
9. As what do his views become known?
(a) The theology of freedom.
(b) The theology of Christianity.
(c) The theology of Christ.
(d) The theology of monotheism.
10. Most of the freedom granted is to whom?
(b) Communities or groups of guilds.
11. What is sin considered to be?
(a) From Adam and Eve.
(b) Something from which only slaves suffer.
(c) An influence of Satan.
(d) A form of spiritual slavery that humans are freed from.
12. The third involves the restructuring of Italian what?
13. What does Augustine basically end up doing to the role of personal freedom?
(a) Encouraging it.
(b) Playing it up.
(c) Downplaying it.
(d) Emphasizing it.
14. By what is slavery somewhat undermined in late 7 A.D.?
(a) Mass conversion to Christianity.
(b) Mass conversion to Islam.
(c) Mass conversion to Judaism.
(d) Mass conversion to Buddhism.
15. How do Jesus' followers reply to the critics?
(a) Jesus knows all the critics.
(b) Jesus will return in three days.
(c) Jesus has died.
(d) Jesus dies for the good of mankind and is resurrected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
2. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
3. What is one of the different periods of serfdom?
4. What do his ideas provide?
5. Is it still possible for the upper class to experience personal freedom even when their civic freedom is severely limited by the princeps?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)