|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sin considered to be?
(a) From Adam and Eve.
(b) A form of spiritual slavery that humans are freed from.
(c) Something from which only slaves suffer.
(d) An influence of Satan.
2. Whose thinking basically molds the early church and shapes generations of theological thinkers?
3. What happens once Christianity appears?
(a) It spreads quickly through Greece.
(b) It spreads slowly throughout the Roman Empire.
(c) It spreads rapidly throughout the Roman Empire.
(d) It stays in the Middle East.
4. Freedom is mainly the domain of whom?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The serfs.
(c) The landowner.
(d) The King.
5. Where are the greatest conversion rates?
(a) In regions where slavery predominates.
(b) In upper class societies.
(c) Among the Hellenic thinkers.
(d) In middle class societies.
6. Is it still possible for the upper class to experience personal freedom even when their civic freedom is severely limited by the princeps?
7. Of whom does the majority of the population consist?
(c) Native Romans.
8. How is the cult of Christianity similar to other cults of the time?
(a) It is polytheistic.
(b) It preaches the coming of the apocalypse.
(c) It contains a savior.
(d) It is monotheistic.
9. Why do they accept the sovereignal freedom of the emperor?
(a) He will do what he can to take care of them.
(b) He is a kind man.
(c) It poses less of a threat to their own personal freedom than does the civic freedom of the upper class.
(d) They do not want any other ruler.
10. What is one of the different periods of serfdom?
(a) Conservative serfdom.
(b) Liberal serfdom.
(c) Feudal serfdom.
(d) Ruler serfdom.
11. Who represents Reactionary Stoicism?
12. What is one of the phases?
(a) The birth of Jesus.
(b) The baptism of John.
(c) The Crucifixion.
(d) The prophetic phase of Jesus and the Jesus movement.
13. In the Middle Ages, what renews the interest in the quest for freedom?
(a) The freedom of serfdom.
(b) The compassion of the king.
(c) The oppression of serfdom.
(d) The end of slavery.
14. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Paul as the father of Christianity.
(b) The role of Paul in shaping Christianity's attitude on freedom.
(c) The role of Paul in shaping Christianity's attitude about other gods.
(d) The role of Paul as the ruler of the Christian faith.
15. How is the crucifixion of Jesus referred?
(a) As the "scandal of the cross."
(b) As the "reason for the season."
(c) As the "saving of man."
(d) As the "dying of God."
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is the focus of this chapter?
2. As what do his views become known?
3. Who has the most freedom in terms of the sovereignal aspect of freedom?
4. The second conflict takes place between 340-266 A.D., resulting in what?
5. Most of the freedom granted is to whom?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)