|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the phases?
(a) The Crucifixion.
(b) The birth of Jesus.
(c) The baptism of John.
(d) The prophetic phase of Jesus and the Jesus movement.
2. As Europe emerges from the Middle Ages, the church and European states become ____________ in terms of absolutism and thought processes.
(a) More similar.
(d) The same.
3. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
(a) Not as intelligent as the slaves.
(b) Numerically now the majority.
(c) Weaker than the slaves.
(d) Numerically now a minority.
4. Who has the most freedom in terms of the sovereignal aspect of freedom?
(a) The women.
(b) The king.
(c) The peasants.
(d) The men.
5. Augustus uses his sovereignal power for the______ of the populace.
(a) No member.
6. To whom do Augustus and the following emperors link themselves?
(a) The welfare of themselves.
(b) The welfare of the upper class.
(c) The welfare of the middle class.
(d) The welfare of the populace.
7. How do Jesus' followers reply to the critics?
(a) Jesus knows all the critics.
(b) Jesus has died.
(c) Jesus will return in three days.
(d) Jesus dies for the good of mankind and is resurrected.
8. Augustine, like Paul, is also concerned with the role of _______________ in Christianity.
9. How is the crucifixion of Jesus referred?
(a) As the "scandal of the cross."
(b) As the "reason for the season."
(c) As the "dying of God."
(d) As the "saving of man."
10. How is this conflict referred?
(a) As the transition to order.
(b) As the struggle of the orders.
(c) As the need for order.
(d) As the fight for orders.
11. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
(a) The next fifteen hundred years.
(b) The next five hundred years.
(c) The next fifteen years.
(d) The next fifty years.
12. With whom do the patricians conflict?
(a) The pueblos.
(b) The euclids.
(c) The plebeians.
(d) The metics.
13. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
(b) Both urban and rural.
(c) Neither urban nor rural.
14. Where does slavery exist until 11 A.D. and the on-set of feudalism?
(a) In France and Italy.
(b) In Sweden and Norway.
(c) In Germany and Austria.
(d) In England and France.
15. What happens once Christianity appears?
(a) It spreads rapidly throughout the Roman Empire.
(b) It spreads slowly throughout the Roman Empire.
(c) It spreads quickly through Greece.
(d) It stays in the Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does freedom come?
2. Law and the state of grace are _________.
3. Why does Paul say people suffer?
4. In what do plebeians have more faith?
5. What does Jesus not intend to do?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)