|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus not intend to do?
(b) Lay the foundations for a church based on his teachings.
(c) Keep the church in one part of the world.
(d) Leave the church at such a young age.
2. What is sin considered to be?
(a) An influence of Satan.
(b) From Adam and Eve.
(c) A form of spiritual slavery that humans are freed from.
(d) Something from which only slaves suffer.
3. From what does the development of the concept of freedom in Rome result?
(a) A smooth transition.
(b) A series of struggles.
(c) A contrasting jump from slavery to freedom.
(d) A series of debates.
4. Most of the freedom granted is to whom?
(c) Communities or groups of guilds.
5. How is the cult of Christianity similar to other cults of the time?
(a) It is monotheistic.
(b) It preaches the coming of the apocalypse.
(c) It is polytheistic.
(d) It contains a savior.
6. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
7. Law and the state of grace are _________.
(a) The same.
8. How is this conflict referred?
(a) As the need for order.
(b) As the transition to order.
(c) As the struggle of the orders.
(d) As the fight for orders.
9. Augustine expands Paul's view and tries to incorporate what conception of freedom and God?
(a) The Napoleonic conception.
(b) The Metropolitan conception.
(c) The Neopolitan conception.
(d) The Neoplatonic conception.
10. From what does freedom come?
(a) The death of death.
(b) The end of life.
(c) The life of death.
(d) The death of life.
11. Augustus uses his sovereignal power for the______ of the populace.
(d) No member.
12. What does Augustine basically end up doing to the role of personal freedom?
(a) Downplaying it.
(b) Emphasizing it.
(c) Playing it up.
(d) Encouraging it.
13. Who has the most freedom in terms of the sovereignal aspect of freedom?
(a) The king.
(b) The men.
(c) The peasants.
(d) The women.
14. The second conflict takes place between 340-266 A.D., resulting in what?
(a) Rome being taken over by the Greeks.
(b) Rome growing and expanding to become Italy.
(c) Rome shrinking and consolidating.
(d) Rome growing and expanding to become Greece.
15. What is the role of Jesus?
(a) He is the only leader of the church.
(b) He is the first leader of the Christian church.
(c) He begins the church.
(d) He is the prophet delivering his message or vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
2. How do many of the serfs and peasants receive rights?
3. Why does Paul say people suffer?
4. What is one of the different periods of serfdom?
5. Freedom is mainly the domain of whom?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)