Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
2. To what are the Reactionary Stoicism beliefs adapted?
(a) Fit their amount of wealth.
(b) Fit their religious beliefs.
(c) Fit their version of personal freedom.
(d) Fit their version of civic freedom.
3. By medieval times, the character of Europe has become rural __________.
(a) Slave-based societies.
4. In the Middle Ages, what renews the interest in the quest for freedom?
(a) The freedom of serfdom.
(b) The end of slavery.
(c) The compassion of the king.
(d) The oppression of serfdom.
5. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
(a) From personality oriented to politically oriented.
(b) From military oriented to personality oriented.
(c) From military oriented to politically oriented.
(d) From personality oriented to military oriented.
6. What do his ideas provide?
(a) A belief of love and compassion.
(b) What the upper class need from Christianity.
(c) A reason for intellectuals to have faith.
(d) What is needed at the time for Christianity to be accepted.
7. Law and the state of grace are _________.
(b) The same.
8. In what do plebeians have more faith?
(a) No rulers.
(c) Many minor rulers.
9. He extols the virtue of the ruler as what for the populace?
(a) A strong hand and firm master.
(b) A wife.
(c) A god.
(d) A provider and protector.
10. On what is the focus of this chapter?
(a) Paul and his role in shaping Christianity.
(b) John and his role in shaping Christianity.
(c) Mark and Luke's life after Jesus' death.
(d) Peter and his relationship with Christ.
11. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
(a) Both urban and rural.
(c) Neither urban nor rural.
12. What does Augustine basically end up doing to the role of personal freedom?
(a) Downplaying it.
(b) Playing it up.
(c) Emphasizing it.
(d) Encouraging it.
13. Of whom does the majority of the population consist?
(d) Native Romans.
14. Why does Augustine view personal freedom as a form of emptiness that doesn't result in inner peace?
(a) It is selfish.
(b) It does not benefit him.
(c) It does not result in reconciliation.
(d) It does not help others.
15. By what is slavery somewhat undermined in late 7 A.D.?
(a) Mass conversion to Christianity.
(b) Mass conversion to Islam.
(c) Mass conversion to Judaism.
(d) Mass conversion to Buddhism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what forms do these rights or freedoms come?
2. Where are the greatest conversion rates?
3. Augustine expands Paul's view and tries to incorporate what conception of freedom and God?
4. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
5. How do Jesus' followers reply to the critics?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)