|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jesus' followers turn into an act of glorification and propaganda?
(a) The dying of God.
(b) The scandal of the cross.
(c) The saving of man.
(d) The reason for the season.
2. How is Rome similar to Greece?
(a) It led by the same ruler.
(b) It is the same shape.
(c) It's people speak the same language.
(d) It is also a slave-based economy.
3. Where are the greatest conversion rates?
(a) In regions where slavery predominates.
(b) In middle class societies.
(c) Among the Hellenic thinkers.
(d) In upper class societies.
4. According to Paul, from what are we saved?
(a) The spiritual slavery of sin.
(d) Other gods.
5. According to Augustine, from where does freedom come?
(a) The mind.
(c) As a gift from God.
(d) As something that is inherited.
6. How is the cult of Christianity similar to other cults of the time?
(a) It is polytheistic.
(b) It is monotheistic.
(c) It preaches the coming of the apocalypse.
(d) It contains a savior.
7. Why does Paul say people suffer?
(a) People suffer because of fate.
(b) People suffer because of others.
(c) People suffer because of their sins.
(d) People suffer because of past life mistakes.
8. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
(a) The next fifty years.
(b) The next fifteen hundred years.
(c) The next five hundred years.
(d) The next fifteen years.
9. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
(b) Neither urban nor rural.
(c) Both urban and rural.
10. Freedom is mainly the domain of whom?
(a) The serfs.
(b) The landowner.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The King.
11. Augustine, like Paul, is also concerned with the role of _______________ in Christianity.
12. From what does freedom come?
(a) The life of death.
(b) The death of death.
(c) The end of life.
(d) The death of life.
13. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
(a) From personality oriented to politically oriented.
(b) From military oriented to politically oriented.
(c) From personality oriented to military oriented.
(d) From military oriented to personality oriented.
14. The second conflict takes place between 340-266 A.D., resulting in what?
(a) Rome shrinking and consolidating.
(b) Rome growing and expanding to become Italy.
(c) Rome growing and expanding to become Greece.
(d) Rome being taken over by the Greeks.
15. What does Augustine basically end up doing to the role of personal freedom?
(a) Emphasizing it.
(b) Downplaying it.
(c) Encouraging it.
(d) Playing it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of Jesus?
2. How is this conflict referred?
3. As Europe emerges from the Middle Ages, the church and European states become ____________ in terms of absolutism and thought processes.
4. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
5. The upper class young men of the time are educated in Stoicism and despise who?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)